Clubplanet Nightlife Community

some help for the new girl please!

pbrane

Hello! I'm new to the area. I'm living in Boca Raton. Ok, so southern FL is supposed to be a haven to beat junkies like myself. So far I've been to West Palm (clematis st.), Ft Lauderdale (various clubs), and to Miami (so. beach) and all I've been able to find is obnoxious repetitive ultimately boring hard house type stuff (like the pop music of the techno world). I'm looking for quality! I am a breaks girl at heart (nu skool, electro, funky, trancey, progressive, whatever as long as it's breaks and not fru fru type floaty stuff, no offense, but what I've heard refered to as Florida breaks doesn't strike my fancy), but I also like trip hop/acid jazz/deep tribal house/and down tempo funky shit. Mainly what I want is just really good intelligent skillful mixing by a dj who will kick my ass all over the dance floor. (also preferably, some names of underground clubs where I am more likely to find those in the know (as opposed to the big megaclubs)) Anybody got some advice? I am willing to drive to get my fix! Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!

Originally posted by pbrane

Hello! I'm new to the area. I'm living in Boca Raton. Ok, so southern FL is supposed to be a haven to beat junkies like myself. So far I've been to West Palm (clematis st.), Ft Lauderdale (various clubs), and to Miami (so. beach) and all I've been able to find is obnoxious repetitive ultimately boring hard house type stuff (like the pop music of the techno world). I'm looking for quality! I am a breaks girl at heart (nu skool, electro, funky, trancey, progressive, whatever as long as it's breaks and not fru fru type floaty stuff, no offense, but what I've heard refered to as Florida breaks doesn't strike my fancy), but I also like trip hop/acid jazz/deep tribal house/and down tempo funky shit. Mainly what I want is just really good intelligent skillful mixing by a dj who will kick my ass all over the dance floor. (also preferably, some names of underground clubs where I am more likely to find those in the know (as opposed to the big megaclubs)) Anybody got some advice? I am willing to drive to get my fix! Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!

come to venue for halloween for babyanne and edgar v

come 2 maze on sat oct 25 for stryke'

and venu on nov 8th for confucius!

Welcome to paradise. You have found the best place for inside info. The best place for Breaks is Venu in Ft. Lauderdale. The Halloween show coming up will be a party not to miss. also Every Sat after that.

I also know DJ Icey is playing West Palm in the 24th.

Welcome to the CP family , you will meet most of us at Venu on Holloween.

im sorry but Baby Anne sucks ass....on her cd's, her production, and when she spins live she shows no emotion. puts on one record turns her back on the crowd to eat shit with others behind her....reminds me of oakenfold at NV

and Icey out of 3 times ive seen this guy he sucked 2 out 3 and the one time he was ok at best!!

Originally posted by tranzwhore

don't forget to dress up & be prepared for your first Edgar V set!

but shes a break head!!!!!!!!!!!! so yes edgar v is the man, and there aint no doubt about it!!!!!!!! but she should prepare herslef for stryke if its breaks shes into!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Heather, I will warn you about CrazyC and Brwneydtrouble.:tongue:

Just kidding, this might be the Palm Beach county threesome in the making.

Hmmm...not a bad idea. Then we can pick up you Broward men on the way. :D

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

that is incorrect cuz even without being the first broward resident to read it i have lifetime shotgun when it comes to all things sexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

no problem ... i like the back door anyways:cool: :cool::D