Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has anyone done any wardriving down here?

macboy

Last time I checked, there's an unsecured Linksys router right near the Starbucks on 15th and Ocean. It's not the Starbucks Wi-Fi either, someone else nearby has one...

The old Space had an unsecured node, hehe...

Originally posted by saleen351

is it suppose to be fun? whats the point?

lol... the same as hacking I guess, but without the vandal portion.

Not that you couldn't do a huge amount of damage to some of the networks that are open.

I watched my friend get all the usernames and passwords for a BANK!!! in boca, along with access to their network. They are lucky he is not malicous.

and of course there is that free internet access part.

Thanks guys.

Saleen, basically, it's useful if you don't want to plunk down $20-30 a month on wireless internet access because you only use it on rare occasions. I'll use these spots to check email and do some quick surfing while I'm away from my desktop.

Wardriving is somewhat more practical in densely populated cities like NYC, Boston, and SF. These three cities have guys driving around every single day looking for spots. Some have unharmful motives - free internet access to use from time to time. Others have more sinitster motives, like disrupting corporate networks.

I just need to surf.