Clubplanet Nightlife Community

staten island ferry accident: 10+ killed

Originally posted by exit24e

The piolt went home and shot himself in the face....

with a pellet gun?? :confused:

it is so sad to see this happen. i feel really bad for the people who were injured and their families. it is so hard to see someone you love suffer.

also i feel bad for the capt. i doubt he was drunk, i sometimes drive tired and i could easily drive off the road. they should not allow one person to solely be in control such a large boat that could potentially have an accident like this.

i bet some terrorist had a gun to their heads...otherwise why wouldn't they make an announcement..."everyone in the back of the ferry"...anything...but since it was nuthing i think they're keeping it from us..just like they didn't want us to think the blackouts were an attack...all of a sudden 3 major black outs in months time after none for 30 years??? Please. And as far as the other guy not being able to stop it from crashing??? Yea right. those ferries have been running since before my dad was born and never had a problem like this...why would it be going full speed? It was a terrorist attack and they say the investigation will take a year. Why? To suit the cover up. By a year most will forget so no one will even care if it gets admitted that it was an attack. they'll have forgotten...just like the WTC.

anyone who wants to bash me I don't care...just saying what I think...god bless

funny how no one who gave a witness statement would give their name...funny how it was compared to every terrorist attack on commuter vehicles in the Middle East. Wonder if whoever made that statement was the one who perpetrated it...why would he want us to think about the poor middle east ppl right now??? Was this...revenge? Its like aww boo hoo americans...in my country this happens every day.

yea I sound prejudiced but I'd like them to stop killing our ppl....god bless

Originally posted by entao25

i bet some terrorist had a gun to their heads...otherwise why wouldn't they make an announcement..."everyone in the back of the ferry"...anything...but since it was nuthing i think they're keeping it from us..just like they didn't want us to think the blackouts were an attack...all of a sudden 3 major black outs in months time after none for 30 years??? Please. And as far as the other guy not being able to stop it from crashing??? Yea right. those ferries have been running since before my dad was born and never had a problem like this...why would it be going full speed? It was a terrorist attack and they say the investigation will take a year. Why? To suit the cover up. By a year most will forget so no one will even care if it gets admitted that it was an attack. they'll have forgotten...just like the WTC.

anyone who wants to bash me I don't care...just saying what I think...god bless

These days who knows... But why would the person flea the boat and try to kill himself... Are all the deck hands in on the same conspiracy???

It is very easy to disguise an isolated incident where everyone who can witness dies. But not one where people are living. I do not care... National security or not... I know anything is possible. But why is everything now a days terrorism. If this were to happen before 9-11-01 no one would even think terrorism...

The plane that crashed over the Rockaways I think was Terrorism... But again there were no survivors and it is an easier cover up for the government...

Ehhh... Just my few pennies of a thought...

NEWARK, N.J. (Oct. 16) - A New Jersey resident who survived the World Trade Center attack two years ago was among the 10 people who died when a Staten Island ferry slammed into a pier.

During the terrorist attack, John P. Healy and all of his fellow employees for Kemper Insurance Cos. escaped from the company's offices on the 35th and 36th floors of the trade center, Kemper spokeswoman Linda Kingman said.

The 44-year-old insurance lawyer normally took a later ferry on his way home from midtown Manhattan to Middletown, N.J., but he had extra incentive Wednesday to get home early to his four kids, ages 7 to 13.

Originally posted by bensonhurst718

NEWARK, N.J. (Oct. 16) - A New Jersey resident who survived the World Trade Center attack two years ago was among the 10 people who died when a Staten Island ferry slammed into a pier.

During the terrorist attack, John P. Healy and all of his fellow employees for Kemper Insurance Cos. escaped from the company's offices on the 35th and 36th floors of the trade center, Kemper spokeswoman Linda Kingman said.

The 44-year-old insurance lawyer normally took a later ferry on his way home from midtown Manhattan to Middletown, N.J., but he had extra incentive Wednesday to get home early to his four kids, ages 7 to 13.

This man was my friend's co-worker. Horrible. He watched the towers come down as he stood on the ferry.

it wasn't terrorism.. it was a freak accident.. entao i wanna make a few points.. 1) there was a freak accident way back in the day where 120 something people died when a steam engine blew up.. 2)it's kind of hard for the pilot to make an anoouncement when he's unconscious.. 3) if it was a terrorist the cops would have caught him.. he couldn't have just left the boat without being interviewed by cops.. 4)who forgot about the wtc?? 5)many people who were witnesses gave their names check the Staten Island Advance. 6) it was going full speed because the guy passed out on the controls.. 7) the other captain who was supposed to be in the room was out of position and he is going to be punished for that.. believe it or not.. not everything is terrorism