Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What kind of DJ do you like?

georgeacasta2

I like DJ's that seamlessly mix records and don't have a set agenda of records they intend on playing without taking the crowd into consideration. I dislike DJ's that emphasis how technical they are by taking 25 minutes to mix a record using all kinds of effects and knob turning blah blah blah :no: To me that is not about the music. It's a "look at me", "look what I can do" approach to DJ'ing. Unless the DJ is a live PA I don't think this should be done. The musician makes the music, the DJ mixes the music, not vice versa.

anways, that's my opinion on the matter. I'm curious what the rest of the board thinks.

I like a dj who can mix a variety of styles seemlessly to keep the mix interesting, I can also appreciate those who are able to stick very close to one specific style for hour after hour, that takes skill also to do it right, but it's kind of boring unless you're high on something....

I like a DJ and aClub that can just play quality nd good music no matter what genre or label you put on it.

This is the biggest problem I have with clubs lately. There always needs to be a "laebl" put on everything. Why can't a DJ just play music that people will dance do and have fun with while still being technically gifted. But with this being said I think the DJ must be able to read the crowd and not have their own agenda..

The best times I have had ain club have been I have heard a variety of music from one or two DJ's. I just think in Miami that most DJ's get stuck in playing just one genre and thats why when they travel they may not go over as good as they hope.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I like DJ's that seamlessly mix records and don't have a set agenda of records they intend on playing without taking the crowd into consideration. I dislike DJ's that emphasis how technical they are by taking 25 minutes to mix a record using all kinds of effects and knob turning blah blah blah :no: To me that is not about the music. It's a "look at me", "look what I can do" approach to DJ'ing. Unless the DJ is a live PA I don't think this should be done. The musician makes the music, the DJ mixes the music, not vice versa.

anways, that's my opinion on the matter. I'm curious what the rest of the board thinks.

hey, i like effects and knobs...but i don't use them for attention. i just love re-editing the songs live for a new, live take on the songs. trust me, the last thing i'm looking for is attention. don't look at me, look at the dancefloor and your dancin partner!

a dj should have mad technical skills, making something new out of old records, not just playing tracks, learning to beatmatch is just the start, though some dj's think that once they can do it that's all there is to it.... that said the most important thing however is track selection and programming, even without skills a well programmed set can be interesting, but the skills make all the difference between someone who's just playing good records and a real pro who knows how to put on memorable show

• 2 years later...

I like DJs that go wikki-wikki, itchy-scratchy, stop the track and start it again from the top 10 times in a row, and then get on the mike and yell "Make some noooiiiiizzzeee" or "Where my dogz at" or maybe even "Shake your ass, bitches". Oh yeah, if there's a siren or some kind of big bell to ring, that is fresh, too!

NOT!

I like DJs that go wikki-wikki, itchy-scratchy, stop the track and start it again from the top 10 times in a row, and then get on the mike and yell "Make some noooiiiiizzzeee" or "Where my dogz at" or maybe even "Shake your ass, bitches". Oh yeah, if there's a siren or some kind of big bell to ring, that is fresh, too!

NOT!

LMAO!

NOT!

:rofl::laugh:

NOT!

Nice one, Toby! :D

1165970-Robot%20Dj.jpg

here is another DJ that many in miami have become fond of.. its the typical play the same shit DJ that every other dj plays just cuz its "in" ........

tracks typically include "Say Hello" by Deep Dish.......

and or electro fodder

lol

here is another DJ that many in miami have become fond of.. its the typical play the same shit DJ that every other dj plays just cuz its "in" ........

tracks typically include "Say Hello" by Deep Dish.......

and or electro fodder

lol

"Miami house"

:lol3::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::jerkoff::D