Clubplanet Nightlife Community

drink prices are just getting out of control...

I don't know what happenned over the last couple of years.

The economy still is pretty bad, a bottle of liquor still costs the same, but drink prices at bar and clubs are just getting ridiculous.

a regular bottle= 30 drinks (approx) ..cost $18-25

at 9-12 per drink...

every bottle is making 300+ dollars.

It's great business cause people pay it..but it is out of control.

I went to one place about 2 months ago...ordered a scotch on the rocks.

$16

what????!!!!!!

a night out at any descent place with your girl is an easy $125. (5 drinks each)

Thats without dinner.

I am not a cheap person and I do spend money and I don't mind paying for a good time..

but this is just getting ridiculous...another 2-3 years..it's gonna be $20 per drink!!!!

ok.

I am done venting.

thanks for listening.

:)

the nighclub business is a rough industry... you have to kind of hit and run while you're hot... Also you're not taking into account a huge amount of overhead that goes into making that drink possible.... expecially in the city where rent, insurance, utilities, security, etc really add up....and the constant police and zoning board scrutiny will kill you in legal fees... Some places are out of control tho... I forget where i wqs ... i think it was pangea... baugh a round of grey goose matrinis for 4 people..... came out to $68.....

Originally posted by joevibe

I don't know what happenned over the last couple of years.

The economy still is pretty bad, a bottle of liquor still costs the same, but drink prices at bar and clubs are just getting ridiculous.

a regular bottle= 30 drinks (approx) ..cost $18-25

at 9-12 per drink...

every bottle is making 300+ dollars.

It's great business cause people pay it..but it is out of control.

I went to one place about 2 months ago...ordered a scotch on the rocks.

$16

what????!!!!!!

a night out at any descent place with your girl is an easy $125. (5 drinks each)

Thats without dinner.

I am not a cheap person and I do spend money and I don't mind paying for a good time..

but this is just getting ridiculous...another 2-3 years..it's gonna be $20 per drink!!!!

ok.

I am done venting.

thanks for listening.

:)

P-R-E-G-A-M-E

OR

E-C-S-T-A-S-Y

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

you're much better off buyin bottles at these places

but if it's just you and a girl.....

I can't drink that much....

a bottle is 250 at a shitty place now...it's crazy. with a 2 bottle minimum.....

fuck that!

better yet..me being a promoter..

how fucked up is this...

I sent a party (20 people) to a venue (won't say which) for tables..about 5 bottles.

these guys working the door/my assoiciates (won't say who)

charged them a cover of 15-20 each plus the tables...

(i was not there at the time)

what the fuck...I was pissed.

I lost a good customer/associate because of greedy promoters.

I have been to clubs all over...worked many places...

I have never charged a cover on top of bottles.

Ridiculous.

Those promoters that do that do not deserve to be part of the scene. (greedy, greedy and shady)

If you are a promoter and do that...

please stop. It makes us all look bad.

I don't work with those people anymore.

i cant believe whats going on

ONLY IN NYC

with prices

i was doing a gig lastnigth and i had one fo the djs go up and get drinks for the rest of us djs

they actually told us we had to pay for the drinks!!!

i went up and started my smoke and holler holler whatnot at the owner

aside from the other problems we had

i found that

a drink as simple and light as a malibu bay breaze

was a total of $9 per glass

size of glass

about 6 ounces MAX

but the drink was so fukin light and had PULP in it

F that just get your drink on b4 ya getz inta tha club ... I went to WH the other night night ... sure i spent 100$ but thats all included ... drinx food whateva ... 250 a bottle ?! you're outta ya dm mind ... ya just gotta learn how ta spend it in the right places

Originally posted by cdeep

I agree w/ the pregame idea. Get your drunk on beforehand, maybe even parked (quickly, quietly and w/ the keys out of the ignition). Then, just nurse one or two in the place.

and if its a bar and they dont search ya buy a lil pocket size jack or bacardi not the real smalle onse on planes ya kno what i mean

If you drive, I agree with the person that said drink outside the club in your car (one of the benefits of tinted windoes). I have dont this many times. Also, If you can skill it, bring little bottles of whatever with you. If you are DJing, and you have to pay for a drink...I have never heard of that b 4.

unless you have mad $$$'s why would you ever drink to get drink IN the club? I'll show up toasty and at most i'll have a couple drinks just cause its nice to have something to sip - but if i'm dancing i'll drink water or vatimin water or something anyway.

i hear ya on the cost though its fucked up....and there isn't really any more overhead at a club than there is at a bar (in terms of their cost on the bar area). In fact its less since many clubs only serve in plastic not glass...

Oh - and there is some scotch that's worth $16 a drink btw

Originally posted by barvybe

unless you have mad $$$'s why would you ever drink to get drink IN the club? I'll show up toasty and at most i'll have a couple drinks just cause its nice to have something to sip - but if i'm dancing i'll drink water or vatimin water or something anyway.

i hear ya on the cost though its fucked up....and there isn't really any more overhead at a club than there is at a bar (in terms of their cost on the bar area). In fact its less since many clubs only serve in plastic not glass...

Oh - and there is some scotch that's worth $16 a drink btw

yes ..i know..

but not this scotch.

i fell victim to this bullshit prices once, and i learnt. if i go out, i make sure i got my buzz going(not pissy drunk)..and like somebody said, just nurse a couple in the club.

problem is, sometimes guys go out with chicks who are 'high maintenance' who wouldnt be caught dead in a no-name joint and drinking cheap shit no less...so, they end up shelling mad $$ to have a good time. fuk that :blown:

thats why its always a catch to find a hottie who doesnt mind holding a bottle in her hand and chuggin it. :D

btw. its not just nyc, this is also in jersey too. and you forgot to mention, you gotta tip the bartenders....christ..the expenses are just enuff to convince one to stay home and rent a chick flick and stay in..:blown: