Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Business Suits

vixenfoxxy

Does anyone know where I can get some nice suits that aren't ridiculously boring? Like, I think if I buy one more black or black w/pin strips thing I'm gonna go out of my mind. I'm not looking for a Mimi-from-Drew-Carey style lime green and purple travesty here or anything, but something just slightly more interesting to look at. Any ideas?

Joyce Leslie sometimes has really cute suits......... I got a really nice black with THIN red pinstripes for a reasonable price.

Also, try Fredricks of Hollywood.....although they pawn most off without tops under the jacket and major cleavage.....given the right top underneath, they would be appropriate for work.

try Zara, mix and match pieces from Arden b, surprisingly some funky suits can be found at H&M (a gf of mine has a black suit with these real subtle red pinstripes.. so cute!), i've been meaning to check out "Mexx", the upscale version of H&M (it's owned by Liz Claiborne).

good luck

I just got a sick suit with a long knee length jacket and a sixties satin belt to add some color at the new Mexx in the city. It was for the Forbes Magazine private party on Forbes yacht around NYC and everyone loved my suit! Very trendy yet sophisticated.

Originally posted by jxfx

bcbg has decent ones, sometimes

and theory ... i love their pants:)

i was going to suggest BCBG, their stuff is sophisticated but not the typical boring business attire... plus, you can pair the jackets/pants/skirts with more casual pieces and wear them everyday.

hmmmm. I love Albert Nipon and Donna Karen, but for everyday, BCBG is great. I would never buy Vicky's Secret if I want to look professional and tailored. It's neither high quality , or lined, for what you pay, even on sale. Same goes for any mall store, GAP, banana republic, Zara, etc. Everything I've ever bought from there falls part in no time. Your much better off buying something of true quality, trendy or not. I love Tahari as well, money well spent if you ask me.