Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon was horrible!

lets see....

1. crappy sound system. it sounded like the old Roxy system. the bass was cranked up way too high.

2. horrible crowd...including people screaming "Yo DJ! Play Dark Beat!" :blown:

3. how many fuckin VIP areas does a club need?! the VIP area on the stage is a total waste.

4. one of the turntables broke during Wink's set. it was down for about an hour.

5. the dj setup itself. i dont recall ever seeing turntables and mixers bouncing up and down whenever they are touched.

6. Hawtin was boring. he was nowhere near his PS1 set. he decided to do only minimal techno and tech-house this time. Minimal techno and tech-house need to die.

:cuss:

I thought it was great last night....but yea he def was pumpin the base a lil much!

The crowd was def really mixed but I couldn't believe when I was done working I left at 2 and there was still a line around the block and they stopped letting people in.

But I thought the music was SICK!:D

Guest zcr1200
Originally posted by glowball

DUDE DROP THE FREAKEN AVALON TOPIC ALRAEDY MAN !!!

lol, at least Avalon is still open.

Tunnel has been closed for years. I think you might want to let that one go as well...

Originally posted by zcr1200

lol, at least Avalon is still open.

Tunnel has been closed for years. I think you might want to let that one go as well...

Coming from a newbie on this board, I don't think you have any say to what i or anyone says on this board :idea::blown:

i don't like all these reviews that are spreading doom and gloom.

I have very minor complaints about last night. I'm not saying I'll be @ Avalon every weekend....but, if there's a dj i'd like to see, I won't hesitate to go back. Eric...is your main gripe with the set Hawtin played, or more towards the venue? 5/6 of your complaints are directed towards the venue and not the music.....2/6 are directed toward equipment, 2/6 are directed towards the clubs vanity, 1/6 is directed toward the "vibe" you were experiencing, and lastly 1/6 is actually directed toward the music.

What we have to remember here is YUP....Avalon is a "super club". Like it or not....a bunch of those are going to be popping up elsewhere in the city. We should know that going in...it means long lines, high admissions, and an unruly crowd for an hour or two before the booze wears off. It's the name of the game, and something we shouldn't hold against the dj's spining there.

I for one had a great time last night....after i got past all the unattractive elements. I thought Hawtin's set was GREAT! I am not one of the Techno Elite....therefore, minimal is just fine for me. There were a few lulls in his set, where it seemed like he was experimenting with a bunch of different things, and that's fine....god bless him! I needed the rest. Techno to me can sometimes feel a lil' boring if there isn't that added element of house or electro, or what have you. The vibe lasted 2-3 hours was unbreakable. Smiling faces and booty's a shakin....everywhere I looked. Everyone I was with and knew had a great time....so I'm taking these negative reviews with a grain of salt.

If you go in expecting the best...you'll be dissapointed.

Amen to that fidge....

Yes....we all know that superclubs don’t meet the potential they have...

And that Plastikman was in rare form last night...

But, “when u is given lemons, u slice em', and make a kick ass lemonadeâ€...

Either way...it was an excellent night...odd...but excellent...

And the 1st 2 hours of my night, along with the last 2 hours of the set, made up entirely for the 2 1/2 hours on a bullshit line...

Thanks go to:

The Mick & friend, DJ Munch & Marci or whatnot lol, Big Booty Bertha w/ out shoes, Spike Lee, David Bowie, Drunken Gropers, the shitty sound system that left an eternal ringing in my ear, and some chic's wallet??!

:confused::laugh::D

dance like no ones watching

:bounce:

I can't figure out what anyone could possibly be complaining about. Avalon as a whole is amazing. The decor isn't as bad as I had thought and it still has a little of that Limelight flair to it. THe dance floor seems to have been compromised by the overly enormous VIP lounge but you still have the catwalks to boogie down on. My favorite part of the entire club: The outside smoking lounge complete with swings. How the hell can you beat that?!

As for the night's music, I don't remember much of it at all. Lil too much booze in too lil time. I heard I had a bloody good time though. Guess that's all a broad can ask for. I, too, have pics but I'll have to post them from home.

Avalon gets a big thumbs up in my book. To those who don't like it: stay home. :tongue:

Originally posted by flutterby

I can't figure out what anyone could possibly be complaining about. Avalon as a whole is amazing. The decor isn't as bad as I had thought and it still has a little of that Limelight flair to it. THe dance floor seems to have been compromised by the overly enormous VIP lounge but you still have the catwalks to boogie down on. My favorite part of the entire club: The outside smoking lounge complete with swings. How the hell can you beat that?!

As for the night's music, I don't remember much of it at all. Lil too much booze in too lil time. I heard I had a bloody good time though. Guess that's all a broad can ask for. I, too, have pics but I'll have to post them from home.

Avalon gets a big thumbs up in my book. To those who don't like it: stay home. :tongue:

NYer's like to bitch and complain..... wha wha wha.:boohoo: :boohoo: