Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hipp-E & Halo Nov. 14 @ The Vault

philippio

So here's what I intended to say...

Hipp-E & Halo are spinning on Nov. 14 in Orlando. It's supposedly a new club called The Vault in downtown. A friend from Orlando tells me it might be "upscale" (strict dress code and "dress to impress"). Can anyone confirm?

All the people that are going should plan a convoy up the turnpike. It would be fun!

If you've never seen these guys live before, you should consider it this time. Both times I saw them at Centro-Fly, I was very impressed. Very good mix of deep house funky latin and west coast madness! Lots of sax and drums and mind-boggling, ass-shaking basslines! And my friends saw them at Avalon in NYC and they were also very impressed (they played with Burridge). Once a month Avalon brings Joeski & Onionz too! I heard the club is not what it used to be in the days of Peter Gatien and Michael Alig (read Clubland for more on that). But on their last set they were joined by Yousef after his set at Oxygen. My friends went and said the place was hopping. Fortunately not just 10 people which showed up at Oxygen.

Miami promoters... take a hint from this club's line-up.

My flava,

would love to be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about a month ago Joeski was in fort lauderdale, Very good funky house...................

I see that philippio likes this sound...Are you a dj or just a house head?

Gotta come check me out at Delux,Red Door in delray or at Karma the 1st friday of the month.......This is my flava............

j_ramirez_wav2.jpg

I'm definitely a househead!!!

But I started djing about a year ago. I've done 4 house parties (that's what I like doing the most) and opened for Amalia L. at Blue last tuesday and opened for B-side and dj Aladdin at Lounge 16 once and I dj most sundays on Miamix on The Womb. I love West Coast house! But I also spin funky house, latin house, some tribal, and a tiny bit of progressive.

Originally posted by philippio

I'm definitely a househead!!!

But I started djing about a year ago. I've done 4 house parties (that's what I like doing the most) and opened for Amalia L. at Blue last tuesday and opened for B-side and dj Aladdin at Lounge 16 once and I dj most sundays on Miamix on The Womb. I love West Coast house! But I also spin funky house, latin house, some tribal, and a tiny bit of progressive.

you got a demo?

I'm working on a second one that will be all west coast house. Siesta, Tango, Maya, Big Chief ( I know they're in LIC but they have the west coast flavor), Vista, Shaboom, Multitracked, Large, etc. Should be done by mid-november. I have an older set (9/02) which is latin and deep house pretty much.

Originally posted by philippio

So here's what I intended to say...

Hipp-E & Halo are spinning on Nov. 14 in Orlando. It's supposedly a new club called The Vault in downtown. A friend from Orlando tells me it might be "upscale" (strict dress code and "dress to impress"). Can anyone confirm?

All the people that are going should plan a convoy up the turnpike. It would be fun!

If you've never seen these guys live before, you should consider it this time. Both times I saw them at Centro-Fly, I was very impressed. Very good mix of deep house funky latin and west coast madness! Lots of sax and drums and mind-boggling, ass-shaking basslines!

I am Verry happy to see miami peeps are paying attention to such a great event although outside of miami...

The host's for this event will be visiting me this week and we plan to flyer and advertise this show in miami and lauderdale.

I'll have more info for you guys as soon as i figure out how to put the flyer on this board:idea:

Definitely check this out...the Vault just opened last Saturday and is absolutely beautiful and large capacity without the downfalls of a large empty space venue

More To Come!

SS:D