Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto #1 again.

spacious

Originally posted by erickamikaze

The list is definetly scewed towards the guys the travel every week and are from Europe. The DJ's that have long standing residencies in the US are not represented ( ie: Oscar, Ralph).

I think there needs to be a top 50 US DJ list.

It would really help promote the home grown talent.

Yes it is...I'm tired of seeing Tiesto as #1...no offense to Tiesto fans, but seeing him always at #1 as like the Yankess always winning...he needs to drop down in position already just like the Yanks lost their crown. Having a top 50 US Dj list is a great idea...it would give some great exposure to our homegrown talent, which they truly deserve. Plus I'm pissed OG is not on the list. :mad::D

Some of you kids, well you can tell you haven't been around for too long.

Tiesto is always number one??!! This is merely the second year in a row. He was never ranked at the top before that. In fact, 2 years ago he wasn't even ranked in the top 5. His fanbase just grew by so much in the last few years.

And another thing, there ARE a number of US based Top 100 DJ rankings. Magazines like BPM, which tends to publish its results after each WMC, have been doing it for years. I believe Bad Boy Bill is ranked as america's favorite DJ in that poll.

I totally agree with you Lyrik.

When Tiesto's at the very top (again) and dj's like DT, Mark Farina, Lee Burridge, Felix Da Housecat are not even in the top 10 (Junior V isn't even in the top 100!!!), I start thinking about who's voting? That's when I say, fuck this list! It means absolutely nothing!!! It's actually all the dj's who aren't in the top 50 that count, IMO. No one's heard of them, so they must be good, they stay on top of the underground scene by playing tracks that are less obvious to the dancing public. And I'm not only talking about house, I'm talking about every type of electronic music.