Clubplanet Nightlife Community

As it begins, so must it end...

stryke303

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by eKiTeL

Techno is coming back, people here love music that's bangin'... you just need to be able to tap into younger generations before it really takes off, kids who think House is for old folks... I'm not sure that Privelege can do it either, but it will happen somewhere sooner or later ;)

1. techno was never here or anywhere in america for the most part.

2. it won't work in miami now, or ever

3. the club scene is hits from the 80's made to sound so crazy. look at all the releases, they are remakes...

when i talk to younger kids, they don't know who oscar g is and they lived in miami their whole lives. how are you going to get the younger crowd into techno, when the drugs are not part of the scene and they don't know who mr dark beat is???

you can't...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

3. the club scene is hits from the 80's made to sound so crazy. look at all the releases, they are remakes...

when i talk to younger kids, they don't know who oscar g is and they lived in miami their whole lives. how are you going to get the younger crowd into techno, when the drugs are not part of the scene and they don't know who mr dark beat is???

you can't...

Man saleen if i remeber correctly you were jocking all techno shit about a yr ago what happened. Its not in for the great saleen now. And damn techno was never in America do some research, Club Planet strikes again.

Sorry to hear that stryke, I never saw one Flyer for Maze and I live on the beach.

CL Nov 15th

Great Dj, Great Music, Guarantee Great Vibe and For Sure a Good time.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djdekan

Man saleen if i remeber correctly you were jocking all techno shit about a yr ago what happened. Its not in for the great saleen now. And damn techno was never in America do some research, Club Planet strikes again.

Sorry to hear that stryke, I never saw one Flyer for Maze and I live on the beach.

CL Nov 15th

Great Dj, Great Music, Guarantee Great Vibe and For Sure a Good time.

i've posted many times, that i was wrong about techno... it's going no where and never will or within the time any of us are still left clubbing..

Originally posted by djdekan

You can say that about a lot of parties, not just Stryke's night at Maze. I hear about a lot of events on CP that I would never see advertised anywhere else, either in mags/papers or by flyers.

Oh yeah, one other question to those who promote on the beach: Why don't I ever see hot chicks distributing flyers up and down the beach (the beach itself, not the streets) on the day of the event? In Ibiza, despite the fact that you KNEW what parties were going on each night there, you still had hotties handing out flyers to everyone as they were laying out getting some rays. The locals may know what's going on but those who travel here for the weekends often do not. The only club that does any advertising on the beach, from I've seen, is Space with their flyover ads. You can't simply expect people to pick up flyers off the ground, and I always thought the worst time to hand out flyers is when people are walking out of a club, as they're usually tired/drunk/fucked up and will immediately toss it to the ground.

I'm not saying this solves all your problems, I'm just saying it's a better way to distribute flyers on the beach.

Anyway, sorry to hear about that, Greg. But I'm glad to hear you'll be back for another night at Jazid, and will definitely come out for that.

A big part of the problem is all these labels that we put on music. Greg's not playing pure "techno" any more than Marcus is playing pure "trance." People are too hung up on these genres and most can't tell the difference between them. Greg plays good music. Good music played by a quality DJ plus a club that knows what they're doing equals success.

Like I said, if Greg were the resident at Space, he would have the big following...even playing techno.

GREG IS ONE OF THE MOST DIVERSE D.J'S AND PRODUCERS OUT THERE! IF YOU LISTEN TO HIS CD "PAGES FROM THE BLUE DIARY",

YOU WILL SEE THAT HE PRODUCES TECHNO, BREAKS, DRUM AND BASS, HOUSE AND PROGRESSIVE.

TO LABEL HIM IS JUST AS UNFAIR !

AND TO BLAME THIS ON HIM IS REDICULOUS! THIS IS THE SAME VENUE THAT HAD BT AND HAD 50 PEOPLE!

not to be disrespectfull stryke, you my boy... but

if the correct people were contacted to do the party it woulda worked. i know a good dozen people who woulda promoted and busted thier asses to make this happen.

secondly if eddy guerra would put half the effort into promoting as he does bullshitting everyone to make a party he would be a successfull promoter.

promoting just on club planet is not gonna get ur party anywhere.

if anything promoting on CP would be the worst thing to do cause all u will get is criticizm and hating

SIGNALCOMMUNICATIONS 4 LYFE

unleash the DRAGON:tongue:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

ummmm...u had 50 people at BT? and ur complaining?? they were lucky they had 50 for that guy....great producer, so so dj....:idea:

i didn't do the bt event, maze did

the point was without proper promotion you could have a huge name and no one will know about it or show!

Originally posted by aj2234

the point was without proper promotion you could have a huge name and no one will know about it or show!

i agree...but AGAIN BT live is dif than a BT dj set:zzz: ....but i totally agree there was no promotion (among other things that should have been diff.)....

its bot ajs fault strykes nor anyone else who helped put it together

its the clubs lack of promotions they promise

maze has been open for over a year and only time i ever saw a maze flyer was when i was leaving the club they had them at the front door.

never seen them in the streets like how space hires 500 people to hand out fliers a night

Space does the best job around here of promoting. You can't turn around without seeing their shit. Maze on the other hand is probably the worst or close to it. It's really simple...the clubs that spend money promoting are successful and the others aren't.

Originally posted by ogmiami

A big part of the problem is all these labels that we put on music. Greg's not playing pure "techno" any more than Marcus is playing pure "trance." People are too hung up on these genres and most can't tell the difference between them. Greg plays good music. Good music played by a quality DJ plus a club that knows what they're doing equals success.

Like I said, if Greg were the resident at Space, he would have the big following...even playing techno.

Exactly It has less to do with the style or genre and everything to do with the Venue.

Pretty much all of Miami's elite deckjunkies have switched up and diversified their sound to get rid of the "labels" they have been tattooed with the past few years.

If you are not sitting behind the decks of 34(SPACE,Whatever),CROBAR, or OPIUM your chances of having a packed crowd, or even a decent audience are slim to nil.

Even having a big name DJ play in your venue doesn't promise success anymore. Many of these small more intimate clubs have found out losing there asses or barely covering the DJ's salary.

Is this all due to bad promotion? I think it is due to the economy,the scene's drastic change the past few years and the unfortnate politic's that prevail in our government, and the fact that Miami is incredibly spoiled with talent and venues.

If the big clubs would find it in there hearts to give talented local guy's like stryke a residency once a month so his sound could be heard by the masses it would do wonder's for the talented local's who are suffering and the scene itself.

Originally posted by saleen351

you can't...

kids are gonna get into it because it ROCKS! some of the best Techno ever is being made right now, I peruse new releases from a number of genres every week, and only Techno is delivering good interesting yet dance floor oriented tracks on a consisitent basis, it's fresh, it's pure, it's got integrity, and it rocks you like nothing else, you used to be able to say this about House, but now it's Techno's turn! I don't say this just because I'm a die hard Techno head, I've only gotten into it recently, and if I like something soon everyone else will like it too, that's just the way things always happen, though it might not happen until I'm already sick of it (I hope not) and those 80's tracks, they're TECHNO! not straight Techno but Techno and 80's, and Electro all go hand in hand... like I've said before straight Techno performed in a 90's genre specific rave setting is not what I'm talking about, it will be mixed with other things, in fact people are already getting into Techno, Oscar G plays some Techno, even DJ Cue plays some Techno, and Stryke is doing a great job mixing his Techno with other styles in order to appeal to a broader audience... last Saturday the Latin House party at Limebar was playing Techno... that little party has been packed, and Stryke was getting some of the over flow, so they started playing some Techno there just to keep people from drifting over into Maze.... TECHNO is happening already.... but don't believe me, we'll just wait and see what happens, I can admit that there is a slight possibility that I could be wrong, so anyway I'll just shut up now and we'll let history run it's course........................

thanks for the kind words of support and everything. i didn't mean to generate such a big deal. you know when saleen throws his 2 cents in (grammar and all) that the issue must be big. thanks for your input saleen (i think). i like you in person, but hate you on the board. it's almost like you're trying to piss me off. hmmm.... i'll just let it wash off my back. i love techno, and i love all good music. i'm not selling raincoats in the desert. it's more like i'm selling condoms in a whorehouse. people just don't want what's good for em ;) but, in the end... the stds will kill em all off. ew...what the hell did i just say? nasty... oh well.

paz,

stryke

Originally posted by stryke303

thanks for the kind words of support and everything. i didn't mean to generate such a big deal. you know when saleen throws his 2 cents in (grammar and all) that the issue must be big. thanks for your input saleen (i think). i like you in person, but hate you on the board. it's almost like you're trying to piss me off. hmmm.... i'll just let it wash off my back. i love techno, and i love all good music. i'm not selling raincoats in the desert. it's more like i'm selling condoms in a whorehouse. people just don't want what's good for em ;) but, in the end... the stds will kill em all off. ew...what the hell did i just say? nasty... oh well.

paz,

stryke

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by stryke303

i'm not selling raincoats in the desert. it's more like i'm selling condoms in a whorehouse. people just don't want what's good for em ;) but, in the end... the stds will kill em all off. ew...what the hell did i just say? nasty... oh well.

;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Where the fuck is DETROIT then?

sure thats what everyone says about anytime you do try do anything new .. it won't work .. its too different ..

i have no idea what the fuck you are listening to .. but there's plenty of innovative sounds that are not 80's influenced. I guess i just listen to different things .. thats all.

when i talk to younger kids, they don't know who oscar g is and they lived in miami their whole lives.

it's new generation that doesn't know MURK or Liberty City .. they only know Dark Beat .. that will change I'm sure with time. :)

how are you going to get the younger crowd into techno, when the drugs are not part of the scene and they don't know who mr dark beat is???

you can't...

giving the younger crowd a place to go to hear good music .. the next generation si coming and i'll be damned if they are gonna listen the old shit .. they will be creating the new shit .. look how many young producers are showing the old guys new things.

i'm not expecting to catch on right away, but it will .. 2004 the year of all things techno. :)

Originally posted by rcrespo

Where the fuck is DETROIT then?

i'm not expecting to catch on right away, but it will .. 2004 the year of all things techno. :)

Out of all the cities, Detroit should be disowned, it smells worse than New Jersey there. :laugh:

And not for nothing, every year someone says "this is techno's year..."

And kids these days are as dumb as bricks. These young producers you speak of are a statistical fluke, like finding a disease-free hooker in Bangkok.

Originally posted by pod

Out of all the cities, Detroit should be disowned, it smells worse than New Jersey there. :laugh:

And not for nothing, every year someone says "this is techno's year..."

And kids these days are as dumb as bricks. These young producers you speak of are a statistical fluke, like finding a disease-free hooker in Bangkok.

that's sad, considering it was never NOT techno's year. as techno producers and djs, we're not trying to take anything over. we're quite happy with the way things are for the most part. as for the kids who say that...well, kids will be kids...

and ramon, you're wasting your breath on the saleenmaster. he's got his own take on things...but, i do like it when you use the "F" word. it's funny!

james holden?

luke chable?

dennis desantis?

jeff bennett?

adam spears?

nathan fake?

peter martin?

derek howell?

matthew dekay?

petter?

fluke .. my ass .. these kids are teh future .. don't believe me .. look at all the hype on chable & bonicci - ride.

:)