Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cell phone Help... 3 weeks till # portability

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

i'm thinking of going with ghetto pcs, but i hear it sucks, but damm, i'm tired of big phone bills...

and i hate my current company cingular.. I was going to get nextel because all in comming calls are free, but i don't know...

what say you?

Guest saleen351

guys i'm a typical italian, i talk on my phone all the time, i run up huge bills.

right now i have the 1000 anytime minutes and after 7pm it's free. my bills are still in the hundreds, my shit just rings all day...

how much you guys paying and what do you get?

and mr saleen doesn't do contracts... but if i had to, they are really easy to get out of....

Y'all want better prices on your monthly bills, just call to cancel and ask them if they can give u any retention plans and maybe u will consider staying. For 70 a month got 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, pcs to pcs free, and the vision thing on sprint to go on the web. Oh and like 5 bucks of this is for my insurance on the phone. Used to pay like over hundred bucks every month cause of crap ass minutes i had. Oh and nationwide.

Originally posted by pod

T-Mobile is cool, I've used them for three years now...my favorite is their global capability.

I'd say a close #2 is Nextel...

Metro PCS is terrible, they're too swamped and their phones are sub-par.

Mt contract with cingular ends in Dec and I was thinking about metro pcs because they are so cheap what’s wrong with their service? Should I not waste my time with them?

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by marcodavalos

Please elaborate. :eek:

Btw ... I have Metro Piece of Shit ...

$49.50 talk till your batteries (more than 1) die.

Yeah tell me about it, I have 3 batteries that I keep on constant rotation and I still get stuck with no phone!

I have had Metro for a while and I really dont have THAT many problems with it. The biggest being that now living in Jupiter, when I am home, I am totally out of range and have to just turn off my phone and check my VM from time to time.

I used to have AT&T once upon a time and after being slammed with a $1500 bill one month, I told them to shove it and got a metro. I HIGHLY doubt many people talk as much on the phone as I used to.....

The new metro flip phone supposedly isn't bad and for $50 a month, I am NOT complaining. What more can you ask for, you basically get what you pay for. I dont get that many dropped calls. The reason for that I think is that since there is no roaming and sharing of the towers, your call drops when you are out of range.

very simple....get nextel.....cell phones r cell phones ur still kinda gonna have dropped calls and crumby reception...that goes with the cell phone territory.....if u talk as much as u say u do...just get nextel....u can get the incoming and outgoing plans...its a bit on the steep side....i think its about 100 bucks a month plus all the taxes they screw u with...but u can talk till ur hearts content....i ws gonna get it but i have the 800 outgoing and every thing incoming for free for like 69 bucks a month!!!!!!!!!!

but like i said they have the outgoing unlimited and incoming unlimited plan....which should suit u fine....the thing with nextel is u have to pay for the phone...theres no 1penny phone or shit like that, but now that they have added some new phones...it should be o.k......some of the newer ones r not that expensive!!!!!!!

and the most important reason to get nextel is cuz i have it, and who doesnt want to be in contact with me at the click of a button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):laugh:

I have the att gsm service ... with a flat $99 fee.

Everything is unlimited and no roaming. If you leave the GSM network, the phone simply won't work...therefore no roaming.

I do however get poor reception in the 3 key places I most frequent...which is annoying (My house / work / my gf's house) but on the road it's pretty good.

ALL Phone Co. are EVIL...

:devil:

but the best deal for the future expansion is prob T-Mobile....

:hat:

Although if you need your phone like you need air then Ghettro PCS is Cheaper... but quality lacks...

**STAY away from:grenade: AT&T or affiliates***

Mirza,

Metro's network is swamped due to it's popularity. Dropped calls, etc...plus it's really not versatile enough...

The national providers are far better...yeah you gotta pay more, but it's not that harsh...plus you get data capability, and future expansion like wi-fi and all that good stuff :cool:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by pod

Mirza,

Metro's network is swamped due to it's popularity. Dropped calls, etc...plus it's really not versatile enough...

The national providers are far better...yeah you gotta pay more, but it's not that harsh...plus you get data capability, and future expansion like wi-fi and all that good stuff :cool:

Im all for the wireless future and shit, but for what I need, Metro is great. I certainly get my money's worth. If I want to take a pic, I'll use d digicam, or grab POD from nearby....surf the web, I have my laptop. Catch my drift?

Just all depends on how "sophistimacated" you want your cell phone to be. Frankly, i'd rather spend that money on records.

The best plan is the one I have.. I pay ZERO cuz it's company paid. :D oh! and it's a Nextel....so like Flip said....it's the best phone cuz of the walktie talkie shit plus you can press any number and walkie talkie a damn stranger and play a joke on them. :laugh: :laugh: