Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar Fonseca and Mazi @ LUNA Review

philippio

THANK YOU!!!

Thank you Marco for working slowly, from the heart and one step at a time to bring us the goods. Thank you Francesco, Luis and Carla for the creativity and the absolutely divine idea of introducing one of the best talents in house to Miami by having Oscar Fonseca do the opening honors!!! And of course, thank you Oscar!!! From the minute I walked in, it seemed as though I had this permanent :D on my face that couldn't be washed away!!! Even though the crowd was not huge, the vibe was definitely there from the start!!! Oscar's set was quirky noises galore!!! Twisting, turning, meandering through the ever expanding labyrinth of house, electro and breaks. Every turn revealed a new surpsise. Last night you took fun to a new level, man!!! I had heard none of those tracks before!!! I love it when that happens. A truly educational journey through music. Everything was washed over with gargantuan basslines and juicy, obtuse funk that's just lately been a rare occurrence in Miami's dwindling house scene!!! Track selection was just choice!!! Period. Sprinkle in a whole lotta technically superior mixing, (not just crawling the crossfader millimeter by millimeter but really stressing that DJM to its limits!) and the result...

BADASS MOTHAFUCKIN' HOUSE!!!

How can I tell? This is the first time I saw Eric Kittell dance so wildly and incessantly :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

And then Miami felt Chicago's presence in the form of Mazi. One line came to mind from DT's Athens GU commentary... "It must have seemed like the Prince of Darkness had come to town" when Mazi played Miami!!! Honestly, Oscar's finishing touches perfectly mirrored Mazi's dirty, grimey beginning. "If house music is a global music, then Mazi is its model citizen!!!" Dropping like a depth charge into the obscure amalgamations of trippy, dubby house and limb busting electro, the man simply owned the dancefloor!!! Hands down the best party in Miami since the last WMC. The crowd mesmerizingly and obediently followed his zigzagging style as if he'd created a new religion!!! Lighting was kept simple (if the club were bigger, it could have used a lot more), but very effective. The air rushing occasionally towards the crowd from the compressed cannister was a very welcome remedy for the sweaty bodies gyrating on the floor. I finally had the chance to meet Oscar and Mazi and Lyrik and Rico and Joe Budious. It's quite ironic that we had to bring a talented native Iranian dj (albeit residing in Chicago) to Miami to remind us how house music is done!!! Last night was truly a lesson in how to throw a good party in such a competitive and musically clueless environment. A message to all promoters and clubs who boast about bringing big name, inflated ego talent... keep up the great work!!! You attract the masses and keep the good parties alive by ensuring an intimate and vibeful atmosphere!!!

yeah excellent night... nice opener by Oscar and Mazi rockin' it with more than a couple Chicago styles tracks, especially the second to the last one with a little Disco groove to it

glad I could be of some amusement to you Phillip :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

don't worry about the house haters, until they can come up with some intelligent criticism then they're just haters :tongue:

Sick sick sick music. Mazi came down and and played an amazing set that put smiles on everybody's faces. There are so many tracks that I would love to have from this set, but I guess I'm gonna have to wait for the broadcast on proton one of these tuesday nights. Crowd was decent and its sad so many missed out on such great music. Anyways big thanks to marco, cianci, and carla for the treatment. Carla and Marco are dangerous though, they will supply you with endless amounts of drinks if you want and they go out of their way to making each and everone of their guests feel at home. Good work and great music. Oh one recommendation to the staff at luna, label the bathrooms. I made it to the woman's room and noticed something was a bit strange when there was no urinals. Oops my bad and unfortunately no chickes were in there :D This guy would have torn off the roof of any club he played last night and I'm glad I got the oppurtunity to catch some of his set, loved every second.

Originally posted by philippio

Danny, by "crazy fiasco" you could only mean Sander Kleinenbugger at Space.

hell fuck no. Ive been waiting for this night for over 2 months already. Sander K can kiss mah ass compared to Mazi. I had a few things come up late last night and couldnt make it. I phoned Marco and left a message letting him know that I wasnt going to be able to make it

dont worry guys...i will make sure that he comes back soon...this is a guy that way more people needs to hear ,funky beats,dirty basslines....he played it all.........when he played"blue monday" almost at the end of his set i just couldnt beleive it.....

thank you MAZI!!!!!

Originally posted by Bling

next time mazi is here im there. i heard a set of his for the first time thanks to ur link blendprod :) im there. and next week might be my off week but i think i might go to luna. and chill there :)

BRO....you missed big time music... well, sander is no little thing ,i bet you enjoyed really good music from him as well......but,but,but MAZI!!!!!!.....:D

let me know when you want to stob by luna and we will take care of you and your friends..

dont miss the broadcast of our parties on protonradio...so you can have an idea of what goes on in that little place...:D

Originally posted by philippio

THANK YOU!!!

Thank you Marco for working slowly, from the heart and one step at a time to bring us the goods. Thank you Francesco, Luis and Carla for the creativity and the absolutely divine idea of introducing one of the best talents in house to Miami by having Oscar Fonseca do the opening honors!!! And of course, thank you Oscar!!! From the minute I walked in, it seemed as though I had this permanent :D on my face that couldn't be washed away!!! Even though the crowd was not huge, the vibe was definitely there from the start!!! Oscar's set was quirky noises galore!!! Twisting, turning, meandering through the ever expanding labyrinth of house, electro and breaks. Every turn revealed a new surpsise. Last night you took fun to a new level, man!!! I had heard none of those tracks before!!! I love it when that happens. A truly educational journey through music. Everything was washed over with gargantuan basslines and juicy, obtuse funk that's just lately been a rare occurrence in Miami's dwindling house scene!!! Track selection was just choice!!! Period. Sprinkle in a whole lotta technically superior mixing, (not just crawling the crossfader millimeter by millimeter but really stressing that DJM to its limits!) and the result...

BADASS MOTHAFUCKIN' HOUSE!!!

How can I tell? This is the first time I saw Eric Kittell dance so wildly and incessantly :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

And then Miami felt Chicago's presence in the form of Mazi. One line came to mind from DT's Athens GU commentary... "It must have seemed like the Prince of Darkness had come to town" when Mazi played Miami!!! Honestly, Oscar's finishing touches perfectly mirrored Mazi's dirty, grimey beginning. "If house music is a global music, then Mazi is its model citizen!!!" Dropping like a depth charge into the obscure amalgamations of trippy, dubby house and limb busting electro, the man simply owned the dancefloor!!! Hands down the best party in Miami since the last WMC. The crowd mesmerizingly and obediently followed his zigzagging style as if he'd created a new religion!!! Lighting was kept simple (if the club were bigger, it could have used a lot more), but very effective. The air rushing occasionally towards the crowd from the compressed cannister was a very welcome remedy for the sweaty bodies gyrating on the floor. I finally had the chance to meet Oscar and Mazi and Lyrik and Rico and Joe Budious. It's quite ironic that we had to bring a talented native Iranian dj (albeit residing in Chicago) to Miami to remind us how house music is done!!! Last night was truly a lesson in how to throw a good party in such a competitive and musically clueless environment. A message to all promoters and clubs who boast about bringing big name, inflated ego talent... keep up the great work!!! You attract the masses and keep the good parties alive by ensuring an intimate and vibeful atmosphere!!!

My repects to this review.

MD

Originally posted by blendprod

of course last night party will be up,it was recorded by our own BIGTALLGEOFF from protonradio, problably in a couple of weeks it would be broadcasted...:D

BLINGSTER!

it is of utmost importance that you capture this set for me!!!!

btw--thanks for hooking me up with the OG sets also----

:D

Nice Review Phillip... Nothing less than what I expected for the night...

Respect.. :cool:

Unfortunately I missed out on Mazi... couldnt make it out to Luna After an all-too-early and intense pregame session w the gang... Ended up staying in w/ a whole bunch of peeps... after drinks on the beach, before during and after dinner, It was better nobody drove in our state! lol...

Anyway, Glad to hear what francesco mentioned.. I will take u up on that one my friend.. next time Mazi is around, i will not miss it! lol...

Glad it was a good night... too bad i missed out. :(

Hey, dont forget to give us a head's up for when the sets are broadcasted on Proton... Def will try not to miss that!!

peace.

Mp3.- :smoke:

Well what a night, I really didn't want to leave as early as I did but when your friend is more than ready to go what can you do. Oscar good talking with ya, you masterfully warmed up the crowd. Oscar built up an energy in that room from the very quirky techy noises he was pushing when I first got there up to some bass-heavey funk that led into Mazi's set beautifully...thats how its done....and phillip was right I didn't know half the tracks this guy was putting down and that is a rarity for me...simply a great warm up set.

Last night took me to a place I haven't been to in a long time....in one word it took me HOME. The music, the people, the vibe inspired memories of every party/rave/club that I had been to over the years back home in Chicago. There is just something about the way Chicago DJs play, it's so pure to what House Music is all about. P:M sessions crew are honestly one the most down to earth welcoming people in the Miami scene...or any scene for that matter. Marco & Carla, was really nice to hang with you guys on the dance floor. Of course Cianci and Avila are always down as hell and the other people I met last night were all cool as hell...Phillip, The Phoenix, Raincrysobe and I know there are more but I was all over that little club last night and can't really remember everyone else (yes I said Phillip, kid is really a nice guy). To those people that really wanted to come out to this and didn't make it for some reason or another...all I can say is sorry you missed House Music done 100% Properly! The energy that Mazi built in that room was insane I don't remember seeing one person not smiling.....dirty funky ass HOUSE....hope you guys get to hear the recorded sets because music like that cannot even be described in words you have to hear it to believe it. Of course all my respect goes to Mazi...I talked this guy up from the moment Francesco told me he was confirmed and posted the news to CP...he exceeded all expectations. No Super star DJ I can't talk with you shit either, this guy was hanging out at the bar and on the dancefloor before he went on...CLASS ACT.

Few negatives for night like that. I can only assume that rain may have kept some of you away. I know P:M sessions have great things planned so don't sleep on the up coming events they should be crazy!

Originally posted by eKiTeL

don't worry about the house haters, until they can come up with some intelligent criticism then they're just haters :tongue:

;) ;) not a house hater btw .. just a hater hater .. thats all .. if u knew me at all you would know i love house as well. i just cant stand people who hate on any genre of music..if u dont like a certain something just shut the fuck up & keep on listening to what u like .. noone is makin anyone listen to what they dont wanna hear here ... so whats the problem ??... & dont label me as a this n that hater ... cause if i dont like something i just wont listen to it .. i wont put it down .. so have a nice day :)