Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ARC Has been SOLD!

john62

Heard over the weekend from a very reliable inside source that the club more known as Vinyl has now been sold.

The building actually sold for more than the asking price of $18 Million and the purchaser is a property developer who has also bought the rights to build above the current 3 floors.

The deal has been done and the club will cease operations in February 2004.

RIP Vinyl

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

if vinyl has a lease agreement..it continues even if the building is bought....damn i hope this aint the truth

From my understanding the very short term lease agreement is inclusive of a right for the owners to sell the building thereby making the lease null and void.

DT is already being approached by the other big and soon to open clubs but he may decide to forego his residency status in NYC and go back to big buck touring and his one-off events at his Loft.

I guess time will tell

I do believe the rumor though as all the security guards were at the Crobar Job Fair yesterday and were all confirming the rumor

Originally posted by john62

a very reliable inside source

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

if vinyl has a lease agreement..it continues even if the building is bought....damn i hope this aint the truth

duhhh IT IS THE TRUTH ... THIS GUY HAS A VERY RELIABLE INSIDE SOURCE...

HES THE MAN :aright:

i head about this a week ago. and someone who was in the club 2 wks ago said dt came on the mic and said it. or somethign like that they said.. then i posted about it on the dt board and my post was deleted. i dont know what that means. (i htought they thought i was talkin total nonsense and they deleted it) but now i hear this

This was the topic of discussion about 2 months ago. It started when somone searching the internet saw the building arc is in up for sale. This rumor even escalated to the point were arc's managment made a post on thier own board about it .. clearing up all of bs. Arc is not for sale. Arc would not of sign John 00 Fleming to a 2004-2005 residency * His first residency in four years! Arc is making moves for the future and when all of this hoopla and vip BS clears arc is what will be left.

note: I am an employee of arc and have spoken to the managers already about this on numerous occasions.

Originally posted by Pyro264

This was the topic of discussion about 2 months ago. It started when somone searching the internet saw the building arc is in up for sale. This rumor even escalated to the point were arc's managment made a post on thier own board about it .. clearing up all of bs. Arc is not for sale. Arc would not of sign John 00 Fleming to a 2004-2005 residency * His first residency in four years! Arc is making moves for the future and when all of this hoopla and vip BS clears arc is what will be left.

note: I am an employee of arc and have spoken to the managers already about this on numerous occasions.

nuff said

Originally posted by Pyro264

ahhhh * sigh of relief*

Oh really? I thought it was sold already ?

Originally posted by pyro264jb

Arc is not for sale.

note: I am an employee of arc and have spoken to the managers already about this on numerous occasions

Originally posted by jrsygrl

Never heard of him :( What kind of music does he spin? Looking for somewhere to check out sat night...is he worth going to?

Chill guys ... John 00 plays trance music, but not the run of the mill stuff. Through out the past 10 years his dark atmospheric style has been labeled as underground. The only way to explaine 00' is to listen to his Essential Mix ( 11-01-01 ). It melts me :D .

www.john00fleming.com