Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SO i got a job offer...but...

iamme

i would have to commute 140 miles/day.

Its an entry level support position @ Deutsche Bank

The pros: that its a great company, great on the resume, pays for schooling (i think), upward mobility, decent pay, and it is a relatively low stress job (no sales this time :) ).

The cons: 140 fuckin miles per day on my new car :mad: (the time driving doesnt bother me...im against traffic both way, just the miles ill be racking up and the high fuel costs)

im going to have to make a sacrifice somewhere....

i guess my options are:

1 take it, suck it up, a car is there to be driven...and work my ass off so i can get promoted ASAP

2 take it, but keep looking for other jobs while im there

3 not take it and keep looking for a job closer to home...and maybe even get PT jon just to pay bills...

4 same as #1 but buy a daily driver car for like $4k (not too hot on this one...but maybe im wrong)

what you think?

i wouldnt even think twice about it..like u said a car is to be driven..and u dont wana beater..cause u wana b comfortable for the 140 miles ur driving per day...especially in traffic...

besides DB is awesome...and their security guards down here on Wall St. scare the piss out of me..its like

"SIR R U AT LEAST 6'4 , 250?"

"YES"

" WELL SIR UR HIRED...HERE IS UR REALLY TIGHT SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT WITH THE SLEEVES ROLLED UP EVEN HIGHER , COMBAT BOOTS..AND HAT...NOW GO SCARE SOMEONE"

definately leaning towards taking the job...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

besides DB is awesome...and their security guards down here on Wall St. scare the piss out of me..its like

"SIR R U AT LEAST 6'4 , 250?"

"YES"

" WELL SIR UR HIRED...HERE IS UR REALLY TIGHT SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT WITH THE SLEEVES ROLLED UP EVEN HIGHER , COMBAT BOOTS..AND HAT...NOW GO SCARE SOMEONE"

:laugh:...LMFAO...:laugh:

Originally posted by iamme

i would have to commute 140 miles/day.

Its an entry level support position @ Deutsche Bank

The pros: that its a great company, great on the resume, pays for schooling (i think), upward mobility, decent pay, and it is a relatively low stress job (no sales this time :) ).

The cons: 140 fuckin miles per day on my new car :mad: (the time driving doesnt bother me...im against traffic both way, just the miles ill be racking up and the high fuel costs)

im going to have to make a sacrifice somewhere....

i guess my options are:

1 take it, suck it up, a car is there to be driven...and work my ass off so i can get promoted ASAP

2 take it, but keep looking for other jobs while im there

3 not take it and keep looking for a job closer to home...and maybe even get PT jon just to pay bills...

4 same as #1 but buy a daily driver car for like $4k (not too hot on this one...but maybe im wrong)

new concept, catching on around the planet, its called- move closer to the job-lmfao

what you think?

If you've got nothing else on the table, take the job but keep up with your job search. As a part-time recruiter, I can tell you there is not that much out there for certain positions but the market is slowly rebounding. Besides, one door usually opens another.

I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you.

Originally posted by glittergal

Definitly take it, jobs are so so hard to get! Is there the option to move or is that out of the question?

the shitty part is, the job is 10 min from the apartment i moved out of in October...i dont regret leaving though, i fuckin hated the baltimore area...

so im stayin put for at least a yr :)

Originally posted by dgmodel

did you lease finance or do you own your car outright???

what is your total mileage a day, including inbetween trips during lunch, afterwork and etc. what is your mpg??? how much does gas cost...

financing the car

about 140 miles/day

mpg -- 26 city / 34 highway (according to booklet but testing it out myself now)

cant remember gas cost :half:

would factor that in, along with maintenance (since you will be on a rapid maintenance schedule) along with depreciation... then factor in rent, utils, cost of living... basically your overhead just to live and work , then see how much youre left with and then determine... however if commuting wasnt an issue i would say take the offer with out a doubt... great firm, tremendous trackrecord... i know a few ppl who work at db as well, and they have NO complaints...