Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why I hate Space...

philippio

To all CP'ers who hate me...

I believe I have a very good reason to hate Space. Here it is...

I was planning to go and see Erick Morillo "close" Space 34 but some friends in Orlando wanted me to go up and visit so I missed it. When I came back to Miami and found out there was going to be a second closing party with Danny Tenaglia, I was a bit confused. I thought Space 34 was closed? But sure enough DT's site was boasting about the event. Being a huge DT fan, I had to go because I hadn't seen him in Miami since WMC01. My friends (also huge DT fans) decided to come down (it wasn't hard to convince them) and see Danny. I had warned them that my last experience at Space 34 (when Lalwer and Zabiela spun) was everything but enjoyable. My friends' response: "...fuck Lawler and fuck Zabiela too!" I agreed whole-heartedly! So it was on!!! First Danny Mitchell at Blue, then Chus & Ceballos at NV and then DT at Space 34. Blue was good as usual. Cheap drinks, laid back atmosphere, comfortable leather couches and great bar service! Off we went to NV. It was completely empty! They wouldn't stamp us for re-entry. Off to Space 34. It started when we got the bouncer attitude at the door. He was pissed because I didn't give him a FL license so he had to actually look for the birthdate!!! His words: "get a FL id!." The man was obviously dumb as a fucking brick!

Cover was $30. We decided to pay it because it was Danny and I have no problem forking over the cash if Danny's playing. But the instant I saw the upcoming line-up I got so fired-up!!! That's when I truly realized that Space represents everything that is wrong about Miami's nightlife!!!

The opening set was awful! Too hard, too monotonous, too fast! There was no space to dance. Wherever we stood, we got pushed around by juiceheads without shirts sweating like pigs and smelling like dung (if that's you, try using deodorant)! We went up to the tacky, tasteless concrete monstrosity they call a terrace!!! I can't even recall how many people asked us if we were selling or wanted to buy E or K or Coke. Is anyone stupid enough to say yes to these clowns? My friends were quite infuriated already, cursing and bitching about the hype with Miami's nightlife. I was feeling quite guilty. We bought small drinks in the world's most expensive plastic Dixie cups (and the bartender complained that we only tipped $1. We went inside and heard Danny for a while but it was very disappointing. Not a bad set, just nothing like the vibe when he plays at Vinyl (Arc). We left at 6:00 all of us completely pissed. My friends vowed never, ever to come back to Miami calling it dirty, grimey, and "if Space is the best you fuckrods have, then we feel really bad for you." A big argument ensued where I tried to convince them that next time we'll go elsewhere but to no avail. I don't know why I was even arguing. They were dead right!!! That night cost me the company of two good friends and a whole lot of attitude from a bunch of coked up employees on Puig's payroll!!! I realized that night that a party isn't a party without friends. Puig, you motherfucking, cum-guzzling, lying, cheating druggie!!!!!!!!

Someone will come up with a place infinitely worse than hell with your fucking name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the future, guard your fire alarms, fire exits, and start frisking your patrons. You never know when the occasional prankster might stop by to say hello!!!

Those who know me, should know that I am an honest, trustworthy, dependable person who lives by a set of principles.

I don't expect Luis Puig can even begin to understand morals, principles or honesty!!!

Should Miami's clubkids bend over so that you can fuck us some more, Puig??? :bootysha::licker:

The real party will be enjoyed only by those who know and only when Luis Puig gets the fuck out of Miami!!!

Originally posted by philippio

I was planning to go and see Erick Morillo "close" Space 34 but some friends in Orlando wanted me to go up and visit so I missed it. When I came back to Miami and found out there was going to be a second closing party with Danny Tenaglia, I was a bit confused. I thought Space 34 was closed? But sure enough DT's site was boasting about the event. Being a huge DT fan, I had to go because I hadn't seen him in Miami since WMC01. My friends (also huge DT fans) decided to come down (it wasn't hard to convince them) and see Danny. I had warned them that my last experience at Space 34 (when Lalwer and Zabiela spun) was everything but enjoyable. My friends' response: "...fuck Lawler and fuck Zabiela too!" I agreed whole-heartedly! So it was on!!! First Danny Mitchell at Blue, then Chus & Ceballos at NV and then DT at Space 34. Blue was good as usual. Cheap drinks, laid back atmosphere, comfortable leather couches and great bar service! Off we went to NV. It was completely empty! They wouldn't stamp us for re-entry. Off to Space 34. It started when we got the bouncer attitude at the door. He was pissed because I didn't give him a FL license so he had to actually look for the birthdate!!! His words: "get a FL id!." The man was obviously dumb as a fucking brick!

Cover was $30. We decided to pay it because it was Danny and I have no problem forking over the cash if Danny's playing. But the instant I saw the upcoming line-up I got so fired-up!!! That's when I truly realized that Space represents everything that is wrong about Miami's nightlife!!!

The opening set was awful! Too hard, too monotonous, too fast! There was no space to dance. Wherever we stood, we got pushed around by juiceheads without shirts sweating like pigs and smelling like dung (if that's you, try using deodorant)! We went up to the tacky, tasteless concrete monstrosity they call a terrace!!! I can't even recall how many people asked us if we were selling or wanted to buy E or K or Coke. Is anyone stupid enough to say yes to these clowns? My friends were quite infuriated already, cursing and bitching about the hype with Miami's nightlife. I was feeling quite guilty. We bought small drinks in the world's most expensive plastic Dixie cups (and the bartender complained that we only tipped $1. We went inside and heard Danny for a while but it was very disappointing. Not a bad set, just nothing like the vibe when he plays at Vinyl (Arc). We left at 6:00 all of us completely pissed. My friends vowed never, ever to come back to Miami calling it dirty, grimey, and "if Space is the best you fuckrods have, then we feel really bad for you." A big argument ensued where I tried to convince them that next time we'll go elsewhere but to no avail. I don't know why I was even arguing. They were dead right!!! That night cost me the company of two good friends and a whole lot of attitude from a bunch of coked up employees on Puig's payroll!!! I realized that night that a party isn't a party without friends. Puig, you motherfucking, cum-guzzling, lying, cheating druggie!!!!!!!!

Someone will come up with a place infinitely worse than hell with your fucking name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the future, guard your fire alarms, fire exits, and start frisking your patrons. You never know when the occasional prankster might stop by to say hello!!!

i hope you dont think i hate you .. u see it aint like that ... u just state your opinion in a way that insults others & their taste in music , club selection or anything that gets posted on here that doesnt coincide with your personal choices, you bash in an ignorant & immature way .. (we already have saleen 4 that )..

like i said before .. if you dont like something just say you dont like it & talk about something you do like .. but dont put someone elses taste down just cause you dont like it .. thats like me sayin i drive a lexus & so & so is a dumbass cause he likes audi better ... so you see i dont hate you .. i think you are an idiot & a dumbass but im not gonna just come on here & start a new post about it or a shitload of posts about it .. if i had something negative to say about you ill tell you in your face .. im not gonna come on here and post all day about it ;):cool:

Those who know me, should know that I am an honest, trustworthy, dependable person who lives by a set of principles.

I don't expect Luis Puig can even begin to understand morals, principles or honesty!!!

Should Miami's clubkids bend over so that you can fuck us some more, Puig??? :bootysha::licker:

The real party will be enjoyed only by those who know and only when Luis Puig gets the fuck out of Miami!!!

why did luis p screw everyone .. we paid the same $$ to see morrilo as if it were any other big name dj .. we didnt pay extra ??? was space really closing or selling or whatever ?who knows ?? who cares ?? it was a great couple of nights & thats what matters... noone really got scammed or robbed ... so i really dont know why you say you got scammed or whatever :confused: :confused:

and you my friend are a dumbass.. don't hate me for it, it's just my opinion... ;)

Welcome to the clubbing business, kid.

oh btw I dont hate you either I just disagree with 99.9% of the things you say,like someone mentioned before if you dont like something theres no reason for you to put it down for example the way you did with your shitty review about EV @ Crobar,that was just insulting and thats why I get pissed but at the end I dont give a fuck cause its just your OPINION.....but then OGMIAMI came on and schooled you.....your entitled to write whatever you like, this a message board. Write at your own risk.

Phil, you act like LP operating in this town is a mortal insult..not for nothing, but he was here first hehe.

Nobody's holding a gun to your head to go there...

As for the DT party, by the time the party was going to happen, it was already known that the club wasn't "closing"...it was mentioned here, over on.cooljunkie., and various other places, that the club would at least be open until december, despite not having the Space 34 nameplate. Now, you were on the board then, I don't see why you didn't notice this, and know what was what. In other words, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on over there. In a way it was the closing party. The flyers said it was the Space 34 closing party. Space 34 ceased to exist after Danny Tenaglia played...I don't see any deception really.

And as for "tricking' Danny, everyone knows that it came down to Danny wanted the limelight, and bitched and moaned until it happened. Your favorite DJ in the world, as skilled as he is, is a whiny bitch, deal with it.

Now I can understand not going if it's not your cup of tea...it isn't for everyone...some people do prefer to hang out in smaller places all the time. I go around, big small, not just because of my line of work, but because I enjoy it. I'll be at Luna one night, then over to Space, maybe at Nerve the next Friday, hit up a few smaller weekly parties...I like the variety that this town has to offer.

I also know enough that the Miami club scene cannot remain world-class if it's reduced to a bars and lounge type of atmosphere. All respect to a place like Blue, but I can find something very similar in any number of cities in the world. The bar/lounge scene is not going to draw people down here. Miami Beach was a bar/lounge scene until the mid-90s, and no one showed up here except for old people waiting to die and the occasional historical traveller wanting to see the then-decrepit Art Deco styling. I'd really hate to see the Miami club scene become more insular than it already is...you should be glad it is open, if it was as insular as you're wanting it to be, you'd have a helluva time going out and promoting yourself.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again...the Miami scene needs a megaclub. I'm glad it's a place like Space, in my mind they tend to do the best job, considering what is involved in running a place of that size.

bling

it doesn't matter if you have a great time at space,

you are the type that would still go to space because you have fun, eventough they hate black people lets say, as long as you have fun then space is ok, how stupid is that.

ex: lets say you were a german during WW2, you would have agreed with the nazis because you like Germany and as long as they didn't bother you it didn't matter to you what they did to the jews, gays, etc...

It's just a question of PRINCIPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biz, unfortunately i was not able to wish you a happy b-day personally. that was the last time that i went to space. i want you to know biz that was the only reason why i stepped foot in space was to wish you a happy b-day brotha. b-4 then i had not been to space for over 3 months. glad to hear the club is going strong. i might...might....might....just go check out steve lawler on 12.6.03 but the reality is that it's a 15 to 25% chance that i will go. because i think that space is just not the place for me. but, i do know that importance it has on our scene and on peepz discovering this music. so keep up the good work and keep it strong. see u @ space when their is re-entry, and glowsticks, and digital cameras, and a place to sit.:rolleyes:

p.s. dj roland is the best local dj in miami, along with jon cowan, stryke, jimmy t, as oscar fonseca.:cool:

Originally posted by mrmovement33

see u @ space when their is re-entry, and glowsticks, and digital cameras, and a place to sit.:rolleyes:

Someone explained re-entry at Space to me a long time ago, that it was necessary to forbid it, because people would just go at 11 PM, get their hands stamped, run to the beach, and show up at 6 AM for the afterhours...the club wouldn't make any money at the door. I would maybe compromise, letting people get stamped and re-enter after 3 or 4 AM...i.e. if you leave before 4 AM, tough shit, but if you leave after 4 AM, you can get a stamp.

As for glowsticks, I'd forbid them in my club too! Not only are they passé and annoying, but can be a hazard if someone starts doing the string thing. I've been dinged by an errant glowtoy before and it's not fun.

As for digital cameras, well, you can see Space pics almost weekly at .cooljunkie. :)

As for a place to sit, Biz can hook it up for ya if you ask nicely.

You've been missing out on some killer parties lately :)

Originally posted by nico1

bling

it doesn't matter if you have a great time at space,

you are the type that would still go to space because you have fun, eventough they hate black people lets say, as long as you have fun then space is ok, how stupid is that.

ex: lets say you were a german during WW2, you would have agreed with the nazis because you like Germany and as long as they didn't bother you it didn't matter to you what they did to the jews, gays, etc...

It's just a question of PRINCIPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YET AGAIN ... WHAT PRINCIPLES ARE WE TALKIN ABOUT ?? DID ANYONE GET ROBBED ?? DID ANYONE PAY A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT AT THE CLOSING PARTY TO SEE MORRILO ?? NO !! IT WAS THE SAME EVERYTHING AS IF IT WERENT CLOSING ... MAYBE IT WAS GONNA CLOSE MAYBE IT WASNT .. THATS WHAT IM TRYIN TO TELL YOU...WHO CARES ?? MORRILO WAS THERE ..HE ROCKED THE PLACE...PEOPLE HAD FUN .. EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE THEY GOT SHAFTED:confused: WHEN IN REALITY NOONE DID .. ITS AS IF IT WERE A REGULAR NIGHT AT SPACE .. THATS ALL TO IT .. WHY ANYONE THINKS THEY GOT SCREWED IS BEYOND ME ..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: