Clubplanet Nightlife Community

International music

mala

Anyone listen to foreign music? What do you like?

I like:

-Mana-Spanish rock-Mexico

-Los Traidores-Spanish rock-Argentina

-Shakira-Spanish rock/ballads-Colombia (yeah, i'm sure everyone knows who she is by now, but I don't care for her stuff in English)

-Los Fabulosos Cadillacs-Spanish ska/rock-Argentina

-Natalia Oriero-cumbia-Uruguay

-Edith Piaf-old, beautiful, classic-France

-Charles Aznavour-older, the French Frank Sinatra,mostly love songs-France

-Fonky Family-rap-France

-MC Solaar-hip hop-France

Then theres a whole bunch of international electronic music i like, but I want to stay away from that on this thread.

...i've been getting some cds from greece and cyprus lately...anna vissi, despina vandi, etc...i have a couple of african cds but dont know the names off hand...shakira i've liked for a very long time...and sometimes i get compilations from my portuguese friend...i just dont have the time, unfortunately...it is rather amazing how the markets are so different in europe vs america...the rest of the world is so underexposed here...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

gypsy kings

...saw them live in atlantic city like 2 years ago...straight up incredible...we were the only ones dancing though...lol....sometimes idk what's wrong with people...scratch that - i do but i just want to forget...

Originally posted by mala

Well, c'mon. I want to hear your picks for spanish rock.

okie dokie

mana, shakira, that guy that sings a dios le pido i forgot his name ummm thats what i can think of now merengue, salsa, reggeaton, bachata and the list keeps going and going :D

Originally posted by nybeauty

okie dokie

mana, shakira, that guy that sings a dios le pido i forgot his name ummm thats what i can think of now merengue, salsa, reggeaton, bachata and the list keeps going and going :D

I listen to shakira too. The guy who sings a dios le pido is called Juanes. Colombian, REPRESENT:tongue:

Originally posted by iamsamurai

I listen to shakira too. The guy who sings a dios le pido is called Juanes. Colombian, REPRESENT:tongue:

yes thats his name, i love his recent song and his video is hillarious

i also like that song he did w/ nelly furtado

all i ever really listen to is euro trance, anymore ... at least most of it is or like master blaster and scooter(theyre from europe arent they?) ... but i like euro-metal like rhapsody and in flames as well ... come to think of it i dont really like most american music ... early 90s stuff but thats about it as far as american music goes