Clubplanet Nightlife Community

corporate gift dilemna

bumpdaddy

Originally posted by dgmodel

i stay away from gifts... in my industry anything over $100 is considered illegal... and a gift for anything less really cant buy anything... so a simple card will do...

In my industry... its pretty much expected and while you dont gain anything...you risk losing business from an established client....Some clients are so brazen they'll actually tell you exactly what they want....

Originally posted by mala

What's up with giving dough or gifts to the subcontractors and job managers? I dated someone in construction who told me about this. Always seemed a bit seedy to me.

id never do it ... but there are some subcontractors who offer cash for inside info... for example...if they're budding a job and having trouble pricing it... they might offer some cash to find out the lowest bid and come in slightly under... Material suppliers will also kick back money if you recommend or use their products.... there's alot of it going around..... I'd never take cash these days ... tooo many people have gone down for that.....

BTW its not only people within the construction industry who do this... there are city/state/federal employees who are riding the "gravy train" too..... it happens in other industries too... mostly with corporate purchasing agents... they get kickbacks for buying certain amounts of certain products regularly.... this is all part of why it costs so much to do business in this city..... Its all built in to the end user price.... I could go on and on with this subject for days.....just assume that everything you buy costs 10% more than it should ....

• 3 weeks later...

61564l.jpg

...one of my clients gave me the ghiradelli basket last year...it rawwwwwwwwwwwwwked...but idk marko...if you were to get me one, this is the one i want...

a8.jpg

Cabernet & Cheese Basket

Some things were just made for each other, like wine and cheese. This gift basket brings the two together in an elegant display that lends itself to any occasion.

Two bottles of Kendall Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon and 1 Mondavi to enjoy with Brie Cheese (3.75 oz), Camembert Cheese (3.75 oz), Carr's Traditional Crackers (2 oz), Wine and Caviar Crackers (1 oz), Salami, chesses straws

Gift measures 16.5" x 12.5" x 6" and weighs 7 lbs with one bottle of wine or 10 lbs with two.

Originally posted by phatman

61564l.jpg

...one of my clients gave me the ghiradelli basket last year...it rawwwwwwwwwwwwwked...but idk marko...if you were to get me one, this is the one i want...

a8.jpg

Cabernet & Cheese Basket

Some things were just made for each other, like wine and cheese. This gift basket brings the two together in an elegant display that lends itself to any occasion.

Two bottles of Kendall Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon and 1 Mondavi to enjoy with Brie Cheese (3.75 oz), Camembert Cheese (3.75 oz), Carr's Traditional Crackers (2 oz), Wine and Caviar Crackers (1 oz), Salami, chesses straws

Gift measures 16.5" x 12.5" x 6" and weighs 7 lbs with one bottle of wine or 10 lbs with two.

lmao.. im surprised you picked that one... i was making a comment to the trader who sits next to me, and i was like "im going to open up a firm and call it cabernet and cheese" lol i dont know that i repeat it doesnt sound to funny... but it was...

now heres the real dilemma... what would you get the senior managing director of your division??? this is a person who i really want to impress (outside of my production in the office), and i dont want to be like every other toms dick is hairy, and get him a tie or a bottle of something... what would you do???