Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tis' the season to give....

lolahotass

Hey guys, as the holiday season is approaching, I just wanted to remind everyone that a lot of people in Florida (actually worldwide) are not as fortunate as many of us. So this is just a friendly reminder to please try to donate either some canned food or extra cash to your local food-drive or charity.

My favorite station, 94.9 Zeta, hosts a Food-drive at Bass Pro-Shops (Outdoor World) off Sterling road (in Hollywood) beginning on Monday. They do a live broadcast from Monday 6am through 10am on Wednesday (52 straight hours). If you get a chance, swing over and drop of your non-perishable items (canned food) or money (24 hours a day!).

I know the Miami Heat are also doing a food-drive somewhere in Miami - if you get info, please post it!

I hope you all can contribute a little to help the less fortunate.

Happy Holidays! :D

The best way for CP to contribute during the holidays, is to have our own Miami board fundraiser. It's easy! With all the dj talent on this board, all we have to do is rent a place to throw a party and charge $5 at the door. The dj's will have to sacrifice their time to play for free and all the proceeds collected at the door will be donated! I mean, if we promote well, it could bring in a lot of money and make us clubbers look a bit more like outstanding citizens. Compared to the cover that some clubs charge just to showcase their residents, this will also be a way for new talent to be recognized! And we might get a break on renting a place if all proceeds go to charity.

Originally posted by philippio

The best way for CP to contribute during the holidays, is to have our own Miami board fundraiser. It's easy! With all the dj talent on this board, all we have to do is rent a place to throw a party and charge $5 at the door. The dj's will have to sacrifice their time to play for free and all the proceeds collected at the door will be donated! I mean, if we promote well, it could bring in a lot of money and make us clubbers look a bit more like outstanding citizens. Compared to the cover that some clubs charge just to showcase their residents, this will also be a way for new talent to be recognized! And we might get a break on renting a place if all proceeds go to charity.

ok who are you, and what have you done with philipio ?:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by philippio

You guys should take a collection at the BBQ today then bring it to Bass Pro Shops on Monday....

I'm sure they'd mention on the air that it was donated by the CP Clan;)

Guest saleen351

why donating money during the holidays is wrong by saleen351!

People who need help, need help all during the year, not just the holidays.... It's a marketing ploy done by radio stations for years, so people see them in a better light...

Fact remains, the holiday season is only 40 days out of the year... So for the other 342 days of the year, we say to the needy "you are shit out of luck, wait till next thanks given"...

AND LOTS OF ASS, I BETTER SEE SOME MOFO COOKIES FOR FOOTBALL THIS WEEK OR ELSE HOG IS GONNA BITE YOUR ASS.

Originally posted by saleen351

People who need help, need help all during the year, not just the holidays.... It's a marketing ploy done by radio stations for years, so people see them in a better light...

Fact remains, the holiday season is only 40 days out of the year... So for the other 342 days of the year, we say to the needy "you are shit out of luck, wait till next thanks given"...

AND LOTS OF ASS, I BETTER SEE SOME MOFO COOKIES FOR FOOTBALL THIS WEEK OR ELSE HOG IS GONNA BITE YOUR ASS.

I agree with you that people need help year round..... I donate stuff to charity year-round through the Church and the Goodwill.

But the point I was making is during the holidays, we tend to blow a lot of cash on gifts for family/friends (and i blow a lot of cash on myself:laugh: ) - but to keep in mind that there are KIDS that don't get anything for Christmas/Hannakah, let alone a nice warm meal.

I might go golfing on Sunday... but I'll try to go early;) And yes, I'm baking cookies tonight...........;)

wow. I actualy agree with Saleen!

Originally posted by digital7

wow. I actualy agree with Saleen!

I don't agree with him at all. I think that people are in a more giving mood during the holidays. There is no better time to hit them up. Saleen is just a deadbeat looking for an excuse not to give.

Come on Saleen, COWBOY UP! Give me a can of peas for my office collection.

When did they extend the year to be 382 days????