Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The PVD Review thread

Bling

I will break out of character and write my first real review i put a lot of thought into it..

first of all i have been clubbing for two years. So far my favorite nite was armin at maze a year ago. Mostly because it was such a small group and i got to talk to armin at the bar for quite a bit.

but tonite is now my favorite nite of all time at a club.

I along with my fellow cper liz being the true hardcore fans got there at 930 we were second in line (we rock). Ok so after an hr of waiting we get in and markus is at the decks. I have only seen markus spin in person 3 times now but I listen to him all the time and this past week, markus has converted me to a true believer of his craft. After hearing him on ASOT and tonite, he is such a talent that this city should be proud to have.

First person I met from CP/cooljunkie was my pick for the cooljunkie contest Adam/dj hydra. WE get into the booth for about 5 minutes as I watched markus spin. Let me tell u the honor it was for me to sit behind the decks and watch him spin. and to stand there in the space dj booth (my second time now) still amazes me.

LP u got yourself one hell of a club . May I add as much as i love roland and oscar g as well, please LP get markus to spin the main room as an opener once in a while since i dont normally stay long enough to hear his sets on the terrace.

Ok so i am downstairs now with Bobbalou (great to meet u). globalgirl (great to see u again) and arturo (thanks for the pic with markus)

Then PVD graces the decks. and my journey not only into myself but what music is all about begins. Track after track from Crush (incredible) to the one track that got me goosebumps. I had to go to edgar because I actually forgot the track name .

ANOTHER WAY

that track got me into electronica music and trance in general the first time i heard that was on an old PVD cd my friend leant me and hearing it tonite almost brought tears to my eyes . :D Then of course he dropped another fav tune of mine... "Sands of time" (not the name im sure but u all know the one)

Ok. a lot of u saw me not dancing but i was so exhausted my mind at this point was going at lightspeed my feet couldnt keep up with the exhilaration i was feeling.

Ok so then im standing there leaning against the dj booth when P DIDDY walks by. OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

ok so risking decapitation by his bodyguards.. i went up to him tapped his shoulder and extended my hand and he shook it. MY god i got chills the man is a true pimp hes the MAN!!!!!

Then the sheet from tenaglia nite makes a triumphant return.. of course seeing it again didnt have the impact of the first nite but it was still incredible to see it used again.. and rightfully so for a talent of PVD's caliber.

This truly has been an incredible experience that i wish did not have to end.

PS (tigerclaw u have to hook me up with the set from tonite.. i just know everyone on the global djbroadcast board must have been goin nuts to it tonite. it was the best opener i have ever heard at space in my life)

great to see

jennice,

grooveeric

heather

bobbalou

matt damon ver 2 lol(my gawd even up close it looks like matt)

crazy c (a pleasure as always)

the professor

Edgar V

Miriam

mpssome

nydia (great to meet u. well keep in touch for sure.. deep dish perhaps :) )

etc etc......

What an event:) :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

koky and leo fer shame to miss this nite i asked crazy c where u were she said u decided not to go at the bbq

que paso compadre

im serious about tonite i dont want to make those that missed it feel bad but in my mind its the best nite ever.. though the club was packed and i was shoved for the first time i didnt care .. though like djm said in his review it got me very distracted and i didnt concentrate on what he was spiing for quite a while which sucked :(

i needed to say it . ... and yes all u house heads i like house in fact i like it a lot but

I LOVE FUCKIN TRANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

if phillipo and pod are the defenders of house.. Ill be the defender of trance on this board (thanks for the vote globalgirl ) LOL

Bling shut the hell up already!

We get the point, Space has more of a crowd for trance than house. Blah Blah blah, OMG I died, sickkkk and all that.

Trance is appealing to the masses since it most closely resembles pop music in structure and form. 4/4 beat, verse, chorus, verse, yadda yadda ya...

So of course Space will pack it in for someone who knows how to do it right. I'm not saying PvD is bad, I'm just saying that it's not suprising that it was packed. I'm glad to see it though, Space needed a shot in the arm like this for sure. The word has gotten out that they are not closed, and I'm expecting a large crowd for DJ Vibe next week, and Lawler on the 6th.

Not for nothing, but there was a substantially larger crowd for Roland that was dancing their asses off as well...the PvD trance was a gateway to the house of Roland.

Guest saleen351

bling you love trance due to the fact you weren't in the scene since you were younger... It seems to me most trance fans are Jhonny come latelys and since trance apeals to the simpletons due to it's cheesey synths and fast beat...

Adults don't listen to pvd, kids do....

I've noticed that too..trance appeals to the folk who just got into the scene, like i was saying, it's accessible to the masses due to the common song structure...again, I'm not going out of my way to trash it, PvD did drop quite a few decent tracks while I was there (3:30 AM on...less cheese, more rough fuck-you beats...even a hard techno track or two...), but still the trance crowd is a bit younger...they'll grow into house :)

Originally posted by saleen351

bling you love trance due to the fact you weren't in the scene since you were younger... It seems to me most trance fans are Jhonny come latelys and since trance apeals to the simpletons due to it's cheesey synths and fast beat...

My thoughts exactly.

Bling started out clubbing just 2 years ago so he is still in the transition of learning what good music really is....and in time he will start liking more "mature" sounds. :D

Originally posted by Bling

koky and leo fer shame to miss this nite i asked crazy c where u were she said u decided not to go at the bbq

Glad to hear you had a good time blingster....yeah I wanted to attend but to tell you the truth I was beat and coming all the way from Mr.Miami's house in bufu then come all the way down south to our house then goooooo to downtown it was just to much,maybe next time.

Originally posted by laliux

My thoughts exactly.

Bling started out clubbing just 2 years ago so he is still in the transition of learning what good music really is....and in time he will start liking more "mature" sounds. :D

attachment.php?s=&postid=1867113 ive been in the scene longer than you have for sure & yeah i grew into house but i still love trance .. its all in your taste .. has nothing to do with age , race , or any of that shit !! and im older than you saleen ... but i guess you do have to age to be fully into house saleen .. that would explain the baldness :D:laugh: :laugh: you aged wayyyyyyyy more than i have being younger :laugh:

Originally posted by Bling

I will break out of character and write my first real review i put a lot of thought into it..

first of all i have been clubbing for two years. So far my favorite nite was armin at maze a year ago. Mostly because it was such a small group and i got to talk to armin at the bar for quite a bit.

but tonite is now my favorite nite of all time at a club.

I along with my fellow cper liz being the true hardcore fans got there at 930 we were second in line (we rock). Ok so after an hr of waiting we get in and markus is at the decks. I have only seen markus spin in person 3 times now but I listen to him all the time and this past week, markus has converted me to a true believer of his craft. After hearing him on ASOT and tonite, he is such a talent that this city should be proud to have.

First person I met from CP/cooljunkie was my pick for the cooljunkie contest Adam/dj hydra. WE get into the booth for about 5 minutes as I watched markus spin. Let me tell u the honor it was for me to sit behind the decks and watch him spin. and to stand there in the space dj booth (my second time now) still amazes me.

LP u got yourself one hell of a club . May I add as much as i love roland and oscar g as well, please LP get markus to spin the main room as an opener once in a while since i dont normally stay long enough to hear his sets on the terrace.

Ok so i am downstairs now with Bobbalou (great to meet u). globalgirl (great to see u again) and arturo (thanks for the pic with markus)

Then PVD graces the decks. and my journey not only into myself but what music is all about begins. Track after track from Crush (incredible) to the one track that got me goosebumps. I had to go to edgar because I actually forgot the track name .

ANOTHER WAY

that track got me into electronica music and trance in general the first time i heard that was on an old PVD cd my friend leant me and hearing it tonite almost brought tears to my eyes . :D Then of course he dropped another fav tune of mine... "Sands of time" (not the name im sure but u all know the one)

Ok. a lot of u saw me not dancing but i was so exhausted my mind at this point was going at lightspeed my feet couldnt keep up with the exhilaration i was feeling.

Ok so then im standing there leaning against the dj booth when P DIDDY walks by. OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

ok so risking decapitation by his bodyguards.. i went up to him tapped his shoulder and extended my hand and he shook it. MY god i got chills the man is a true pimp hes the MAN!!!!!

Then the sheet from tenaglia nite makes a triumphant return.. of course seeing it again didnt have the impact of the first nite but it was still incredible to see it used again.. and rightfully so for a talent of PVD's caliber.

This truly has been an incredible experience that i wish did not have to end.

PS (tigerclaw u have to hook me up with the set from tonite.. i just know everyone on the global djbroadcast board must have been goin nuts to it tonite. it was the best opener i have ever heard at space in my life)

great to see

jennice,

grooveeric

heather

bobbalou

matt damon ver 2 lol(my gawd even up close it looks like matt)

crazy c (a pleasure as always)

the professor

Edgar V

Miriam

mpssome

nydia (great to meet u. well keep in touch for sure.. deep dish perhaps :) )

etc etc......

What an event:) :)

i think im going to cry

Guest saleen351

i had a fake id at age 18, so since 1995, while majority of fools were at teen night or dinking in the woods, I was in all the clubs from philly, nyc, AC, NJ, NJ Shore etc.... I use to like trance but two things happened

1. trance died in 1999

2. i grew up

house is a feeling

trance is a feeling based on what drug you took...

Originally posted by pod

Trance is appealing to the masses since it most closely resembles pop music in structure and form. 4/4 beat, verse, chorus, verse, yadda yadda ya...

And House music has never crossed over? Just like there are more accessible Trance tunes, there have always been House records that have done the same.

This year for example you had Room 5 "Make Luv", which topped the charts all over Europe.

Saleen's favorite type of Dance music is commercial Diva House of the kind KTU plays, and the type Jersey girls are known to love much more than Jersey guys...I'll admit I actually like a lot of those records, loved Reina's "No One's Gonna Change "You".

Are remixes of Deborah Cox and Monica supposed to be more underground now than Trance??!!

And I'm sorry but if Trance is for Johnny come latelys then Deep dubby West Coast House is a lot of times for the former crackheads that are trying so hard to get away from the drugs. I've never done drugs so I've never had a reason to turn to Deep sedated sleepy House....Sounds great when we stereotype music like that, doesnt it?

Based on the past months posts Bling is actually getting more and more into different types of House, Progressive, Breaks, and Techno music. That's more then I can say for a lot of people on these boards. He even had the balls to say he didnt like Tenaglia's set. I may not agree with him, but at least he wasnt afraid to speak his mind.

i had a fake id at age 18, so since 1995, while majority of fools were at teen night or dinking in the woods, I was in all the clubs from philly, nyc, AC, NJ, NJ Shore etc.... I use to like trance but two things happened

1. trance died in 1999

2. i grew up

house is a feeling

trance is a feeling based on what drug you took...

ive been clubbing before trance ever started ... when house & freestyle went hand in hand... i think u know when that was.... the 80's my friend :cool::D;) ;) so i heard it all , & i know what i liked more .. so u see ? its just a matter of taste .. most that stop liking trance are usually the people who just age faster & cant keep up with the beats ... thats all to it

Originally posted by CHRles

And I'm sorry but if Trance is for Johnny come latelys then Deep dubby West Coast House is a lot of times for the crackheads that are trying so hard to get away from the drugs. I've never done drugs so I've never had a reason to turn to Deep House....Sounds great when we stereotype music like that, doesnt it?

chrls, your posts are always on point. I respect you the most out of all the trance heads cause you've taken the time to get to know all the other genre's of dance and still chose to listen to trance, but this part of your post sounds like your just making stuff up.

todays kids love 80's music. They grew up with it but were to young to participate. hence the whole retro movement in house music now.

the deephouse crowd has the same attachement to the 70's. Most have been into deephouse for many years and like it because they grew up listening to to disco NOT because deephouse is some safehouse for recovering druggies :rolleyes:

If you want to talk about druggies lets talk about shadow lounge, space and the mix.

I went to all of these places and they were full of zombies asking for X. I'm not stereotyping either. this is the truth. I loved all those places but the truth is the truth.

If you want to say deephouse is boring I accept that. If you want to say deephouse is gay I also accept that but dont' say deephouse is full of recovering druggies cause it's just not true.

Im glad you had a good time Bling!

Even though our musical tastes differ somewhat, its good to hear that PVD took you on a journey----youre beginning to "feel" the music like a true music fan, not a drugged up x user or k snorter......this means you are growing musically!

So now that u had your damn trance fix.....are you ready to be taken on the journey of "house"???:D

Don't worry GA2, I actually like some Deep House, but don't tell anyone ;)

I respect what guys like rcrespo are trying to do with their nights, and I respect people like you for their taste in music. You're actually a good example of someone who listens to mainstream Hip Hop, but does not go out dressed like a wannabe thug.

I was just using the same type of stereotypes other people on the board so freely use all the time. I don't think I completely made stuff up though. I recall when Deep House started gaining a lot of momentum a few years ago that many of the DJs who jumped on the bandwagon said they're now more mature and "don't party hard like they used to", meaning they were no longer Rave DJs doing rolls half the night. You can also go back and read interviews with the pioneers of House and Disco music, and read about all their "private parties" with all the drugs they would encourage people to do.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

chrls, your posts are always on point. I respect you the most out of all the trance heads cause you've taken the time to get to know all the other genre's of dance and still chose to listen to trance, but this part of your post sounds like your just making stuff up.

todays kids love 80's music. They grew up with it but were to young to participate. hence the whole retro movement in house music now.

the deephouse crowd has the same attachement to the 70's. Most have been into deephouse for many years and like it because they grew up listening to to disco NOT because deephouse is some safehouse for recovering druggies :rolleyes:

If you want to talk about druggies lets talk about shadow lounge, space and the mix.

I went to all of these places and they were full of zombies asking for X. I'm not stereotyping either. this is the truth. I loved all those places but the truth is the truth.

If you want to say deephouse is boring I accept that. If you want to say deephouse is gay I also accept that but dont' say deephouse is full of recovering druggies cause it's just not true.

i agree with you lee... trance listeners t so do all the crackhead house followers on the patio .. listening to oscar & the ones that used to listen to bellini... so i agree with you that you cant stereotype.. but some idiots just blame the trance people .. thats just ignorant as fuck !!!

hummm....Trance was wicked back in the early to mid 90s right along side Acid house. I do belive Kimball Collins brougth trance to america...and being one of the originals to witness Sasha's first American performance I must say........Trance has become like the "brittney Spears" of Global Sounds.

However.......as a dj my self......i find PVD to be a master at working the boards. I have played with him a few times and to watch him work the mids/highs/lows and never look up at the crowd much is amazing....he does not get fucked up like many others i have played with.

However, i just did a set at Filter 14 in NYC.....Satoshi T. was spot on and just as focused as PVD.....of course for you that know Filter 14......i holds maby 200 if that.

I also feel that PROGRESSIVE in the sense is becoming more and more like Trance. It is played everywhere.

I have been a way, London, La, nyc and in the underground scene i have noticed HOUSE is making a comeback. A great sounding house, with rollen basse lines, snaping highs, and some real phat lyrics. Much i the records i have gotten latley are HOUSE, and House has incorporated the breakdowns.....

So, keep an eye and ear out for this sound.....Its not Played in Miami much at all but you can find it if you look hard enough.

Keep an eye out for Darren Emersons next CD, should be out by WMC.....it has that HOUSE sound im speaking of.

Originally posted by koky

i agree with you lee... trance listeners t so do all the crackhead house followers on the patio .. listening to oscar & the ones that used to listen to bellini...

lets not get on the topic of progressive house. It's some of the most boring music ever made. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of little jewels hidden away but my overall progressive experience had to do with drugs. the music is just plain repetitious. That coupled with the slow beats and you have a recipe for sleeping disorders.

I can pick apart every genre of music.

even my favorite

Deephouse - Boring, slow, sounds to much like disco, to many old people are into it.

IMO, take the criticism and accept it. It's not a big deal, no genre is above criticism.

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us Kid.....

contents04.gif

Trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house!!!

:blah: :blah: :blah:

The never ending saga of Trance Vs. House

I got a question: I like trance and house.

What does that make me?!? Trouse head? :confused:

Originally posted by koky

attachment.php?s=&postid=1867113 ive been in the scene longer than you have for sure & yeah i grew into house but i still love trance .. its all in your taste .. has nothing to do with age , race , or any of that shit !! and im older than you saleen ... but i guess you do have to age to be fully into house saleen .. that would explain the baldness :D:laugh: :laugh: you aged wayyyyyyyy more than i have being younger :laugh:

LMAO :laugh: