Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY Night Clubs...CODE BLUE

There are a few exveptions to this, but most of the scene in NY is DEAD!!! In the past year I have had friends of mine that are DJs / Producers move away from NY because the scene is dying. To list a few examples: Tampa, Hardford, Italy. And I am probolly going back to California my self by the end of the year. This whole situation is frustrting.

So... Here is a challange to all the clubs in NY. GET RID ON YOUR CD PLAYERS!!! AND DONT HIRE THE NEW TREND OF PCDJ ON THE LAPTOP DJS EITHER!!! Restrict the DJs on using turntables and see what happens. You might actually get real DJs and have a party that lasts more than 6 weeks.

They say that since the innovation of CD players with pitch control, and .mp3 file downloads I can save money....NOT TRUE. I rather buy thr records and get all the gigs. Now anyone can be a DJ, (and a pretty sucky one at that). These ass holes that DL music, and play their CDs dont know shit about DJing. And they are taking my money! whats worse is now they have software that can DJ for you. SO anykid with a laptop can DJ now. Thats some whack ass shit.

I had a friend who is very influential in the scene go to a party the other night. Went up to the DJ booth. 2 Turntables, 2 CD players, and his laptop computer. He didnt even know how to use the equepment, with the exception of his computer. God! If I ever see this, I am gonna smash ur little toy over your head. and tell you to get the fak out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ianjohn

There are a few exveptions to this, but most of the scene in NY is DEAD!!! In the past year I have had friends of mine that are DJs / Producers move away from NY because the scene is dying. To list a few examples: Tampa, Hardford, Italy. And I am probolly going back to California my self by the end of the year. This whole situation is frustrting.

So... Here is a challange to all the clubs in NY. GET RID ON YOUR CD PLAYERS!!! AND DONT HIRE THE NEW TREND OF PCDJ ON THE LAPTOP DJS EITHER!!! Restrict the DJs on using turntables and see what happens. You might actually get real DJs and have a party that lasts more than 6 weeks.

They say that since the innovation of CD players with pitch control, and .mp3 file downloads I can save money....NOT TRUE. I rather buy thr records and get all the gigs. Now anyone can be a DJ, (and a pretty sucky one at that). These ass holes that DL music, and play their CDs dont know shit about DJing. And they are taking my money! whats worse is now they have software that can DJ for you. SO anykid with a laptop can DJ now. Thats some whack ass shit.

I had a friend who is very influential in the scene go to a party the other night. Went up to the DJ booth. 2 Turntables, 2 CD players, and his laptop computer. He didnt even know how to use the equepment, with the exception of his computer. God! If I ever see this, I am gonna smash ur little toy over your head. and tell you to get the fak out.

start packing-nothing stops technology

>> start packing-nothing stops technology <<

Yea, but technology is killig the scene. An established DJ said they are "niggerizing" the whole scene.

It was better the way it was. Technology doesnt mean better.

"niggerizing" huh?

Please explain....this I gotta hear

Now any dumbass with a laptop computer, and internet connection and software can get a job DJing in NY, and they are taking away my money!

Mean while, im investing all my shit into this In the Studio!!! When ever I can. Curents:

Hardware:

1) Custom Built PC: Pentium 4, w/ 2800 MHZ, 1024 MB RAM Primary HD 36 GHz SCSI

2) Kurzweil K2500

3) Yamaha CS2X

4) RANE MP24Z

5) Pioneer EFX 500

6) Technics SL1210MKII turntables (2)

7) American DJ Dual CD Player DCD-PRO300MKII

8) JBL SF15

9) Ortofon Night Club (2)

10) JBL CAB 45 (2)

This does not include all my records. Im not jokin when I say I have thousands of records. Maybe even 10k+ ??? Who knows? wanna count them?

why the fak did I buy all this crap???

Originally posted by magyarcica

the fact that everyone can drive does not make everyone a race car driver.... there will always be a market for the really good DJs regardless of technology.... no computer can mix like a top DJ.

yep, there are very good horse back riders in amish countryn also- lmao

>> start packing-nothing stops technology <<

Yea, but technology is killig the scene. An established DJ said they are "niggerizing" the whole scene.

It was better the way it was. Technology doesnt mean better.

yeah youre correct i go way back in the day, this shit sucks big time, and have sucked big time for a long time lmao

Now any dumbass with a laptop computer, and internet connection and software can get a job DJing in NY, and they are taking away my money!

Mean while, im investing all my shit into this In the Studio!!! When ever I can. Curents:

Hardware:

1) Custom Built PC: Pentium 4, w/ 2800 MHZ, 1024 MB RAM Primary HD 36 GHz SCSI

2) Kurzweil K2500

3) Yamaha CS2X

4) RANE MP24Z

5) Pioneer EFX 500

6) Technics SL1210MKII turntables (2)

7) American DJ Dual CD Player DCD-PRO300MKII

8) JBL SF15

9) Ortofon Night Club (2)

10) JBL CAB 45 (2)

This does not include all my records. Im not jokin when I say I have thousands of records. Maybe even 10k+ ??? Who knows? wanna count them?

sounds like you cant spin bro- or you aint as good as ya think- prhaps? perhaps? maybe sell yr records- flea market ??

>>> sounds like you cant spin bro- or you aint as good as ya think- prhaps? perhaps? maybe sell yr records- flea market ??<<<

Wanna challenge me? Let go? two Technics and a RANE. Lets see what you got.

yo- grasshopper, you're the one whining and pissing and moaning, i aint no DJ, but a pay pretty well for good ones lmao

Dude - take a look deeper at

ARC - DH and DT using cd

TiestO - uses cds partially

Oakenfold

do you think that JP was ONLY using vynil when he produced something new to drop?

dont make me list a TON of big names playing weekly that use cds----

technology is killig the scene. An established DJ said they are "niggerizing" the whole scene.

soooo are you saying that everytime a new TECH12 is produced

it shouldnt have been cause its TECHNOLOGY? and its new?

well since you are NOT using the "NIGGERIZED " technology- explain to me again why it is that you have not been able to land a gig?

i do know the reasons and id be glad to share them with you -but you have my #

were you trying to be something your not? or did you go about the whole process the wrong way?

pick one cause ONLY one is correct

by the way

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

technology is killig the scene. An established DJ said they are "niggerizing" the whole scene.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chage this or ill be forced to come over and smack you (seriously)

i dont like this tone-

im not a board mod

but i am human

soo much drama on this board.....i started out mixing cds then went to vinyl.....now i buy my music......i like mixing records better than cds.....its my opinion.....just as it "some big dj's" opinion to use cds......sure it seems more respectable when djs spin vinyl, but if u closed ur eyes would u be able to tell the diff??? prob not....and if u could, u would have some pretty good ears......

And another thing. Whats with these DJs that use the EFX-500 in between all of there transitions because they dont know how to match a beat and fade between songs???

Umm...it's called ENHANCING a mix Ian..something you wouldn't be too familiar with...

BTW..who's to judge what DJ's use...I'm sensing a little hostility here..

I personally love vinyl and wouldn't use CD's..but..all the money I spent and spend has and never will be a waste of money..because if it's your passion and u are truly serious about yourself as an artist,then money should never be an issue..

Unless you're a hobbyist...

Next...

"Niggerizin"

Ya..I'm not feeling that too much myself...

:blank:

Originally posted by liqidtouch

An established DJ said they are "niggerizing" the whole scene.

didnt i ask oyu to change that?:mad:

It's a very sensitive word but I understand it.

btw: IanJohn you have some valid points but your letting your anger dictate you. and thus drama is started...