Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY Night Clubs...CODE BLUE

Originally posted by ianjohn

>>> sounds like you cant spin bro- or you aint as good as ya think- prhaps? perhaps? maybe sell yr records- flea market ??<<<

Wanna challenge me? Let go? two Technics and a RANE. Lets see what you got.

...You could have 15 turntables and steve dash sucking your dick, it doesn't mean you can spin worth a shit...A good DJ good equipment does not make...Assmackerel...:jerkoff:...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear and fully understand your point. But on that same token, you just have to understand that technology is the future. I am not going to sit here and write out a history report on how valuable tech is, but i will tell you this; I have never heard you spin, and I will never judge a DJ before hearing one. All you need to do is do what every dj in the past 3 years has done. work harder than the next and promote yourself, don't rely on some promoter to promote you. And when the crowd comes, cater to them first, and introduce them to your style later. DJ's have become vitcim to the las of supply and demand, the market is full, therefore you have to work that much harder.

PVD definitely uses a few cd's-- listen to his set from Ultra Fest 2003 in Miami. He played a promo copy pf Nu NRG's track End Kiss which doesnt come out till 2004 and the cd skipped like crazy on the build up.

Erick Morillo has gone on record saying that the new Pioneer CD players are the wave of the future and he thinks they will replace vinyl.

I agree these MP3 dj's are ruining the scene, but the bigger prob i have with them is they dont buy recs thus labels fold thus music availabilty sucks.

Check me out

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/music/showphoto.php?photo=46&password=&sort=1&cat=503&page=1

Why have I spent years perfecting a talent? Give respect to Talent...Not Technology.

Why do I feel like I just wrote the last post for no reason. I always respect talent, but since you use technology does not mean you do not have talent. Do you agree with that?

o btw. Luis Dias, and PVD...Didnt see 1 CD the whole night while I was there.

That's because PVD was using FINAL SCRATCH... He uses his Mac Laptop to run 90%of his set... Didn't you notice how few times he actually changed the records...he has most of his vinyl on the laptop and runs it through final scratch...

if you don't believe me...

here's some pics...

2PVD_Roxy_nov_2003_046-med.jpg

X10.JPG

also check out Deep Dish's charts and notice how many listings are CDRs not vinyl... But I guess since they are using CDs they have no talent??

Originally posted by pumavisor808

That's because PVD was using FINAL SCRATCH... He uses his Mac Laptop to run 90%of his set... Didn't you notice how few times he actually changed the records...he has most of his vinyl on the laptop and runs it through final scratch...

also check out Deep Dish's charts and notice how many listings are CDRs not vinyl... But I guess since they are using CDs they have no talent??

thank you:D

also Apoth - thanks for backin my point up from the earlier post

IAN - i dont want to sound crass but one way to notice that your going about this the wrong way is simple

1) read this thread and ONLY read the posts oyu have made here

2) how many times in the past 3 weeks did you honestly need to post this link?

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/music/sho...&cat=503&page=1

Now any dumbass with a laptop computer, and internet connection and software can get a job DJing in NY, and they are taking away my money!

Mean while, im investing all my shit into this In the Studio!!! When ever I can. Curents:

Hardware:

1) Custom Built PC: Pentium 4, w/ 2800 MHZ, 1024 MB RAM Primary HD 36 GHz SCSI

2) Kurzweil K2500

3) Yamaha CS2X

4) RANE MP24Z

5) Pioneer EFX 500

6) Technics SL1210MKII turntables (2)

7) American DJ Dual CD Player DCD-PRO300MKII

8) JBL SF15

9) Ortofon Night Club (2)

10) JBL CAB 45 (2)

This does not include all my records. Im not jokin when I say I have thousands of records. Maybe even 10k+ ??? Who knows? wanna count them?

why the fak did I buy all this crap???

i feel u on this one. i dont play no where but i love to spin. if i neva get a job i'll still be spinin for fun. but u have to keep up with techknology.(and spellin and gramma too) i download cause i can't afford to shop for vinyl everyweek. any and any one can be a dj. its take time and practice u know that. anywhere u go people dont wanna buy music or movies( when dvd recorders go cheaper its gonna hit the movie makers too) but whether u mix a record or a cd (cd alittle easier) u still have to know what u doin.

I agree. I love the music. thats why I stick with it. I could sell out, and play music that I dont like to get bigger, but I stay with what drives me. you said you spin both, but you think CDs are easier? Just 1 question, which did you start out on? I started on Vinyl, and I think records are easier.

Originally posted by apotheosis

my final reply on this:

CD's, Vinyl, MD's, SD, 8-Track whatever..................

They're all tools in your toolbox to use

It's like saying "Oh I'll NEVER use a Screwdriver! I like Hammers"

Done.

EXACTLY!!!

IANJOHN - quit your bitchin. you sound like a whiney 10 yr old.

waaa, why did i buy all this stuff for, it's not fair, waaaaaa.

like apotheosis said, they're all tools. you're the fool for not takaing advantage of all that's out there.

and so what if now these new technologies make it easier for the beginner to get in the game. it puts the pressure on the best to be the best and stay on the top of their game.

if ya can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen or make your dj-ing a hobby not a career cause there's always gonna be somebody trying to take your spot.

and as was said b/f. lot's dj's use the mac, that's a fact.

just goes to show you're not as knowledgeable as you think.

And another thing. Whats with these DJs that use the EFX-500 in between all of there transitions because they dont know how to match a beat and fade between songs???

my guess is there is more to that then just matching a beat ? i am not a dj but i am pretty sure that it would sound boring if all you do is beatmatch and fade.

Originally posted by tolyk

my guess is there is more to that then just matching a beat ? i am not a dj but i am pretty sure that it would sound boring if all you do is beatmatch and fade.

for someone who is NOT a dj

you hit the BIGGEST nail about spinning on the fukin head bro

good work:D

Now any dumbass with a laptop computer, and internet connection and software can get a job DJing in NY, and they are taking away my money!

Mean while, im investing all my shit into this In the Studio!!! When ever I can. Curents:

Hardware:

1) Custom Built PC: Pentium 4, w/ 2800 MHZ, 1024 MB RAM Primary HD 36 GHz SCSI

2) Kurzweil K2500

3) Yamaha CS2X

4) RANE MP24Z

5) Pioneer EFX 500

6) Technics SL1210MKII turntables (2)

7) American DJ Dual CD Player DCD-PRO300MKII

8) JBL SF15

9) Ortofon Night Club (2)

10) JBL CAB 45 (2)

This does not include all my records. Im not jokin when I say I have thousands of records. Maybe even 10k+ ??? Who knows? wanna count them?

why the fak did I buy all this crap???

you probably suck. And by the way you also have cd players in that list. So do you also spin cds in addition to vinyls you hippocrite(sp)?

o btw. Luis Dias, and PVD...Didnt see 1 CD the whole night while I was there.

This is a lie. PvD uses cds all the time. Why do you think the cdj is there in the first place? For example, the song that had German lyrics isn't pressed on Vinyl idiot, so there would have to be at least one song.

Also, they use the effects to enhance the mix as well. Plus, there are things such as "piss breaks" which at a big club such as Roxy could take longer than a certain song.

what about the fact that DJs use CDR because they have cutting edge tunes on that medium that have not yet pressed to vinyl. If I want my music played out in a club quickly to see crowd reaction, or demoed to a label or A&R person, I'm buring it to CDR and they're hearing it instantly. Kind of like the dubplate is to drumnbass and ragga...feel me?

Do you really think that things will be better in Cali, or anywhere else in the world for that matter? Naive if you think cats on the Leftcoast aren't using CDs. How could one possibly think that they are not getting DJ gigs because they choose not to use CDs (even though in re: your equipment list, it appears you do)?

Regardless, this post doesn't deserve as much attention to this guy's equip., as the "N@#$%!ized" term does. Did we ever get a clarification on this?

Originally posted by smgarret

This is a lie. PvD uses cds all the time. Why do you think the cdj is there in the first place? For example, the song that had German lyrics isn't pressed on Vinyl idiot, so there would have to be at least one song.

Also, they use the effects to enhance the mix as well. Plus, there are things such as "piss breaks" which at a big club such as Roxy could take longer than a certain song.

Well..when I saw PVD live at Virgin...he was using CD's...

unless those were some shrunken down pieces of vinyl..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: