Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why is louie devito playin again at websterhall

WOW, where do you all end and Ricky starts. Yo! YOu got some SH*@ on ur nose. Wanna tissue! Im not denying I go to Webster Hall. but one thing is for sure. I dont go there to here good underground dance (house/ trance/ techno) music. I go there to mack it to all the hot girls from NYU. Second. WTF are you doing knocking Roxy??? Roxy is the only club worth going to now adays. Webster Hall is way more commercail and KTU then Roxy. Wake up and smell the coffee. Sorry, but since Tunnel, Twilo, and Limelight closed, NYC IS DEAD. RIP TUNNEL, TWILO AND LIMELIGHT. Roxy is up there, and I give it mad props. And to the wondrful girls from NYU!!! Whooo Whooo

You Go Girl!!!

Give you much love.

Speaking as a vinyl DJ. There are too many Whack ass DJs in NY. This market is whack And the local DJ with talent is getting fucked. I wish I was back in the day before Napster, .mp3, CDDJs and PCDJS and these faking promoter DJs. Im getting the hell outta here

Long live the 12"

Wanna chill in my studio, we'll hook up and jam!! :)

Originally posted by ianjohn

Wanna chill in my studio, we'll hook up and jam!! :)

What a smooth cassanova lol. I never said rick style is underground. Hmmmmmmmmm maybe Chelsea can you fill in the blanks cause i cant remember how we talked about his style b4. LUZTIDARA you are a clown.

Originally posted by ianjohn

You Go Girl!!!

Give you much love.

Speaking as a vinyl DJ. There are too many Whack ass DJs in NY. This market is whack And the local DJ with talent is getting fucked. I wish I was back in the day before Napster, .mp3, CDDJs and PCDJS and these faking promoter DJs. Im getting the hell outta here

Long live the 12"

Wanna chill in my studio, we'll hook up and jam!! :half:

Oooh! Oooh! Can I hook up with you too you big bad Roxy boy. Oh ianjohn, I am sure you have lots of fun at the Roxy on saturday nights. Can I go with you and party together? You and I, and the rest of the hot ass chelsea boys. You go boy!!!!:kiss2:

Originally posted by chelsea17

JAP no -- I'm a true Puerto Rican Princess baby.... As far as the world in concerned, there are many, many disturbing issues. However, we were talking about the state of the industry - Music. The industry/economy is suffering because of people who don't want to pay real money for a producer's or artist's talents. I was making the point - re bootleg cds, downloading, bootleg movies, bootleg bags.

Back in the day - people went to places like Vinylmania to buy their favorite tracks. The stores made money, the producers made money, the djs were in demand. Now you got people downloading tracks that haven't even been put on vinyl off of demos for prospective signing. That is blatant thievery. Or you got some bullshit dj playing a premade mix cd instead of hauling 100 + pieces of purchased vinyl to a gig and being a REAL dj.

There are so many lower-end djs in the New York industry that won't even get a shake because they don't have a name or the money to purchase the name and they have really wonderful talent. Then you got Louie.... And you wonder what's wrong with the industry..... Very sad - Very disconcerting :(

agreed %150, in fact i couldn't have put it better myself.

Originally posted by nomembername

I am proud to say that I have downloaded every song/cd that I own the past two years.

I also think there are bigger issues in the world right now than whether or not people are downloading music or buying imitation prada bags.

What are you a JAP?

I was also wondering what buying fake Prada bags has to do with the downfall of civilization...yes fake bags are corny as hell but they're really not that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things :blank:

Ok - I thought I explained the point. Read, read, read - please.

The state of the industry is so not the same as it was fifteen years ago - or for that matter before the internet was developed for such widespread use.

THE POINT IS: People use other people's products for their own upkeep. Such has truncated the possibilities for the economy. People use to buy vinyl which kept labels, producers, djs, record stores, nightclubs brimming with business. Now stores are shutting down, producers get their product put on the internet (mostly from demos made for prospective signing), djs download tracks onto cds instead of purchasing vinyl.

Same as with Designers - that is where Prada and the like have similarities. For example, Isaac Mizrahi has implemented a line for a discount store like Target. If people are gonna rip him off - he'd rather not design. He'll make affordable items for consumers, so as to avoid fakes sold on the street.

You see people in the "club world" think that the crap you hear on radio "which is what LOUIE" survives on, is the stuff that is coming from real hard working individuals from their studios and their constant study of music and programs. Hey, its easy to play music from the radio, a pre-mix cd..... It's not easy to produce....Most of you have no idea what so many young and old producers go through to appeal to the masses because of all this crap. And that is what it is - CRAP.... Maybe soon, hopefully soon, the kiddies will wake up.

Another instance is, many big name rappers have decided to stop putting out albums for the same reason. Wasn't Jay Z's album on the net before it was even released? That is his creativity someone stole.

Honestly, some responses make me ponder the thought of age in this forum. :(

Originally posted by chelsea17

Ok - I thought I explained the point. Read, read, read - please.

The state of the industry is so not the same as it was fifteen years ago - or for that matter before the internet was developed for such widespread use.

THE POINT IS: People use other people's products for their own upkeep. Such has truncated the possibilities for the economy. People use to buy vinyl which kept labels, producers, djs, record stores, nightclubs brimming with business. Now stores are shutting down, producers get their product put on the internet (mostly from demos made for prospective signing), djs download tracks onto cds instead of purchasing vinyl.

Same as with Designers - that is where Prada and the like have similarities. For example, Isaac Mizrahi has implemented a line for a discount store like Target. If people are gonna rip him off - he'd rather not design. He'll make affordable items for consumers, so as to avoid fakes sold on the street.

You see people in the "club world" think that the crap you hear on radio "which is what LOUIE" survives on, is the stuff that is coming from real hard working individuals from their studios and their constant study of music and programs. Hey, its easy to play music from the radio, a pre-mix cd..... It's not easy to produce....Most of you have no idea what so many young and old producers go through to appeal to the masses because of all this crap. And that is what it is - CRAP.... Maybe soon, hopefully soon, the kiddies will wake up.

Another instance is, many big name rappers have decided to stop putting out albums for the same reason. Wasn't Jay Z's album on the net before it was even released? That is his creativity someone stole.

Honestly, some responses make me ponder the thought of age group in this forum. :(

are you saying youre questioning the IQ of some one this forum??

tell me yr thinking, theres a bunch of morons here?? gosh- yr right on target if so..kmfao

Hey big boy you are the one that said you went to the Roxy (Saturdays) not I. So I just figured I would go with you hand in hand. Is there anything wrong with that? And since you go to Webster Hall that means you are as much KTU as Louie Devito. Maybe you should make a special ktu mix tape for all of devito's fans like me. Bust out your american dj dual cd decks and maybe do some vic latino obnoxious yelling on the mic. Then maybe you will get some gigs and we won't have to listen to your constant whining about your turntables and your vinyl. But when I was talking about ktu and the Roxy I wasn't referring to our night. I was referring to Friday sexy at the Roxy. When Sexy at the Roxy was hot KTU was always there every friday night doing live spots so silly boy don't lie and face the facts. So we got a date for this saturday or what lovaboy?:love2::half: