Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official STeve Lawler review

Bling

Originally posted by digital7

Lawler was great inside.. played a bit more mellow outside but still pretty good although it was a different kind of set.. Roland rocked it like usual both pre-and-post Lawler. i hadnt heard him in awhile and he never disappoints. Oscar was doin the duties after Lawler inside.. kept the crowd lively and pumping.. good hanging out with everyone from the CP mob... I had a great time..Space always treats me like family.

and kool meeting Muirza! .. still havent met the mysterious and elusive Bling.

DAZ I didn't see you!!!!:( Rats! We finally go out on the same night to the same place and didn't get to excahnge the ever so popular "how u doin' " Foiled:mad: Oh well..perhaps next time...in 10 years:rolleyes: ;):laugh2:

We had a good time as well....glad u had a good time too;) :tongue::D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the main room though, why the heck was Appreciate Me playing so many times?? It's as if it was clip after clip after clip stopping the music each time. WHY?? That was so damn annoying. Who was it that closed after Lawler anyways? I was too banged up to notice...

Actually i was in the booth with oscar during that track and he put a lot of work into that re- edit... then he just worked the fuck out of that mixer and effects pad till it was beggin for mercy then BANG! he dropped that vocal on us like ton of bricks... i was very impressed!

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

but it is STILL house...u feel about Prog. the same way i feel about deep house...give me a pillow and i am in heaven...

Exactly.

Maybe someone on here needs to read the following:

"House was always about freedom, not convention. A truly independent and personal outlook – that’s acid house, not a smiley t shirt in 88, white levis in 90, hardcore v. Balearic in 92, “brand identity†in 96 blah blah blah. Superclub ? I’d rather go to a supper club. “proper†house ? The more improper the better. “real†house ? Who dictates what’s real – as soon as anyone’s dictating, it ain’t real in my book. So i might listen to metal or r’n’b too – without the freedom i found in the spirt of house, techno, electronica whatever you want to call it – well i wouldn’t have found it in me to do that. Everyone is welcome in the house music church – a tribal gathering that means a gathering of all tribes, not a gathering for one tribe only to the exclusion of all others. Something happened when house came along – a democratisation and demystifying of everything about making music and the music industry. Punk had walked the walk, but house talked the talk. Suddenly you really could make & distribute your own music globally without going through legions of “suitsâ€. No amount of corporatisation can change that fact. As the song says, “house is a feeling†– not an old school compilation (sic), not a double page glossy magazine ad., not a convenient musical formula for soundtracking tv ads for range rovers. 4/4 not 4x4. Maybe the time has come to mutate a bit, kick over a few statues. But that needs to evolve away from the spotlight. Maybe that can’t be done in this age of instant media saturation, but we can try. Change or die. My idea of house - therapy for the soul. Whatever your faith – keep it."

Dave Seaman, Friday, August 15, 2003

Originally posted by philippio

Answer to your question:

Considering almost every club in Miami plays progressive house, it's getting really lame and boring. It goes back to what Saleen was saying about playing music that's fun. Fun to listen to and fun to dance to. Prog is neither of those. It's too serious... too dark... too gloomy, too dry, too stale. Yet not quite evil and definitely not funky!!! I still listen to some tech-house but not too much.

Like the song says..."Progressive ain't progress and progressive ain't house."

Hmmmmm....so what you really trying to say is:

PROGRESSIVE HOUSE IS NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA??? :idea:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by macfunk19

brwneydtrouble u paid. thats it your not cool no more. ill take u out from the cool cp people list. lol

;):blank:

AH whatever, I got there at 3:30 in the morning and didn't want to be one of those in the line on the phone waiting for someone to get me in and I hate calling to get on the list. No thanks. I'll just pay the $, although I was surprised it was still only $20 at that time.

And I know im not cool, im a NERD. Matter of fact, I almost bought a t-shirt this weekend that said: I <3 NERDS. ;)

I had a very good time on Saturday night. :cool:

Markus' opening set was VERY good; brought it up nicely and then handed it over to the next DJ. Now, I have to say that this mystery jock had me completely fooled. At first he didnt seem to be Lawler, but after markus' set finished and him introducing this guy, I thought Steve Lawler had shaved his head and beard (seman style, lol)... I thought listening to the music would clear up the uncertainty, and I also was mislead by this guy's "Lawler-esque" style... Very similar, but not quite SL's signature sound. Then, almost 2 hrs later Steve Lawler shows himself up in the booth and starts playing some bangin shit! Very nice vocal house at first, droping a few classic-sounding tunes, right onto some tribally drum filled tracks... I was very pleased by his somewhat short and delayed set... After he was done, Oscar G takes over the Main room, and I will say this in total trancehead fashion.. HE OWNED the room!! Basically, I died LOL. Nah but seriously, he came out picking it up right where Lawler left it and then stepped on it!!! I kept thinking of going up to the terrace, but I was glued to the floor...

The Terrace was fine.. went up there a lil b4 7.. Not too packed, nice cold breeze and sun starting to rise. It was fun to see so many locals all decked out on their snow gear LOL... Roland's set was on point as ususal.. setting up the mood for the customary terrace vibe. I came out to Space this saturday thinking of catching SL's set on the terrace, but after being there for almost an hr, i kept thinking of his delayed schedule and just didnt feel like waiting anymore... I stayed up there til like 7:30... my buddy had work at noon so he was pushing for us to go; but the coolest thing about this is that every time ur on the terrace and u make ur way out of the club, u HAVE to go through the Main room. hehe

On our way down we find OscarG Destroying the floor... He was tearing it up!!!! If ppl say that was tech-house, i have to say it was 75% TECH - 25% House!! LOL Just when I thought I had no energy what-so-ever, I just couldnt help bouncing up and down as if i had just walked in to space... someone mentioned the "nobody listens to techno" track and it totally blew it up. Lots of energy all over the place... ppl must've had plenty of 'space'-bull :rolleyes: Anyhow, we ended up leaving at around 9am... Latest i had stayed in space this year... Excellent time.. highlights were Lawler’s set and OG inside after 7 30....:eek:

Also have to mention.. Very nice seeing many CP'ers in the house, and meeting some new faces... Off the top of my head: junkiexl and gina, always a pleasure hangin w u guys!; nice meeting the sweet poisoniv and lilliz77; spotted the infamous Bling; macfunk; beatfriek and co. nice to finally meet u bro; lulamiska and the other michelle, also a pleasure; mr ‘omfg I died’ arturob; brwneyed for a quick sec; Sobeton hadn’t seen u since the old space, good to see u; nice to meet the lovely house-kitty; and man, a few others in addition to the usual faces… still missed a whole bunch of u, but u can Def say CP was IN the hizzouse! Lol

Great Saturday night indeed… Glad you guys had fun as well. :D See u around;

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Originally posted by digital7

Lawler was great inside.. played a bit more mellow outside but still pretty good although it was a different kind of set.. Roland rocked it like usual both pre-and-post Lawler. i hadnt heard him in awhile and he never disappoints. Oscar was doin the duties after Lawler inside.. kept the crowd lively and pumping.. good hanging out with everyone from the CP mob... I had a great time..Space always treats me like family.

and kool meeting Muirza! .. still havent met the mysterious and elusive Bling.

wow . we def have to meet. go to crobar on fri nite :) even though u dont like trance :tongue: ill be there right behind the booth

The bald guy was DJ Mark Cohen, he came down with Lawler and opened for him, they had a hell of a time getting down to us. They had to take a train from Ny to Phily then caught a plane here. Steve was spent and needed a nap, so this guy mark opened for him.

IT WAS NOT DJ CUE.

damn, i see everyone touched on all the main highlights of the night!!! I thought the party was great!!! Steve lawler's main room set was bumpin... Played alot of classic toons!!!! that main dance floor was on fire... i also liked his intro from disc two on LO2..... Great hanging with the cp crew.... nice to see us representing together.. met alot of new ones as well.... mp3some, liz, mursa for the second time.... got to see alot that i also havent seen for a while which was cool:D

on to sl's patio set... i also feel that it was weak and a bit tooo mellow!!! he picked it up towards the end, but i was sooo fixated on the usaul lawler terrace sets that i was a bit disappointed!!:( oh well, he had a rough trip so ill give that to him... my boy acutally made me write down some tracks on a napkin to get him to play some shit to pick us up!!! Bombdogs - i cant explain!!!!! but he played that that last time he was at space, so he really left me musically unsatisfied on sunday morning!!!! could of played alot more stuff from his cd and his last essential mix, but oh well, he's the big name dj, not me!!!

again, great seeing/chillen with all of you !!!!!;) u guys made it a blast!!!

Originally posted by Bling

2) Lilliz77 (u seemed to have left early we were lookin everywhere for you sweetie ) MUAH always a plesure hanging with you.

Hey, yeah it was a good night. Sorry I left without saying goodbye, Nelson was leaving for PR for 5 weeks and I wanted to walk him out. Plus I got extremely tired all of a sudden and didn't feel like going through the crowd again. Phat ass beats though!