Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJS Unite!!!

You and me both. Once apon a time I was a music director for a radio station in San Jose California. I DJed at a lot of venues and parties in the bay area.

When I moved out to NY I established a residency at the legendary Tunnel. Probolly the best night I have ever worked at. Now...My avg crowds are either 16 or 60.... Take that for what its worth, but the scene today is breaking my heart. I have scene a better NY.

Now liquid, you wanna throw down. I have a system. I am moving back to California by the end of the month. But I am not dead. If you cacn get a venue, keep me in mind. I am sure that we have stured up enough controversey on this board to get people just to check it out.

Originally posted by Roxxia

My story..

I was involved in the West Coast

Originally posted by ianjohn

I am sure that we have stured up enough controversey on this board to get people just to check it out.

not from this board

a message board is not the way to get the message across

QUOTE: (POINTING AT COMPUTER)

This is just a cop-out - it is NOT the way to have your message heard UNQUOTE

--Roxxia

and this is true-

a message board is such a small tool-

wait--have pacients --people know what when i am not around - i come back with big toys

I "invite" any "DJ" to come to my studio and make a mix. Ill take care off all the production work for them. Here's the basics:

Technics SL1210MKII turntable (2)

RANE MP24Z Mixer

Bring needles, headphones and 12"

I posted a new mix

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/music/showphoto.php?photo=101&password=&sort=1&cat=503&page=1

I will even upload it on the site if you want. I have broadband.

that being said can i come over to your studio. All that equipment sounds like too much i can mix with one turntable. just kidding.

Originally posted by donnie

that being said can i come over to your studio. All that equipment sounds like too much i can mix with one turntable. just kidding.

Sure Donnie. This weekend is good for me. just hit me up

AIM "The Nice Pilot"

I "invite" any "DJ" to come to my studio and make a mix. Ill take care off all the production work for them. Here's the basics:

Technics SL1210MKII turntable (2)

RANE MP24Z Mixer

Bring needles, headphones and 12"

I posted a new mix

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/music/showphoto.php?photo=101&password=&sort=1&cat=503&page=1

I will even upload it on the site if you want. I have broadband.

Yeah cause you know an average DJ could come into a studio and pick 13 or 14 tracks that flow and mix in an hour or two......

gimme 2 weeks and ill bring my CDJs 1000 and My Laptop down......

Originally posted by rollindeep11

Yeah cause you know an average DJ could come into a studio and pick 13 or 14 tracks that flow and mix in an hour or two......

WTF, do you listen??? Holy Shit. please do not respond to this post anymore, Its for real DJs, which you are not! what, cant mix vinyl? What do you need. Ur laptop, and PCDJ software. How about this, why dont you develop some talent then call me in the morning.

I bet my girl friends have more talent in their pinky than you do. I bet you dont even know how to "Put the Needle on the Record"

um, my mom could "mix" tracks using one of those dj programs and a laptop.

Originally posted by liqidtouch

how about all us djs get together and fund a LOFT in ny

for a weekly party that will have NO

problems with noise and whatnot

i know a few places-

one in particular can hold about 400 ppl easy-

or more then that +/-

ha...get the ball rolling. There are a LOT of people who would be interested.

Originally posted by lasix

it has been my experience that demanding djs are never in demand.

LOL

Originally posted by liqidtouch

how about all us djs get together and fund a LOFT in ny

for a weekly party that will have NO

problems with noise and whatnot

i know a few places-

one in particular can hold about 400 ppl easy-

or more then that +/-

NOOOO dont do that!

That would require you all to stop being lazy and become promoters!

oh god forbid!

WTF, do you listen??? Holy Shit. please do not respond to this post anymore, Its for real DJs, which you are not! what, cant mix vinyl? What do you need. Ur laptop, and PCDJ software. How about this, why dont you develop some talent then call me in the morning.

I bet my girl friends have more talent in their pinky than you do. I bet you dont even know how to "Put the Needle on the Record"

First of all i dont use PCDJ...I carry alot of tracks on my lap top but mostly use CDR...and three are a viable and respectable reasons for this....

Vinyl and Up keep of Turntables are expensive....being 19 and 20 years old it is very hard to build a respectable record collection and still afford to : Go to school, Pay Car Insurance ( New Jersey Rates for Males under 25) , Club, Make my car payment, rent payment, and still have spending money for drugs and my girl.....

SO fuck you faggot and if i ever see you in a club or find out who you are ill call you out and find out how talented you are with your fists.....Calling me out cause i dont own vinyl and or turntables....yes i know how to mix i just dont own them or vinyl

DJ's who currently use more Cd's than Vinyl:

Saeed and Palash

James Zabiela

Danny Howells

Lee Burridge

The Market (NY) Is saturated with DJs. I rather go back 3 years ago when it was all vinyl. Granted I am spending 50% less up front now, but I am getting 10% of the gigs I once got because now everyone is a DJ. And these kids dont know the first thing about beats or measures. I dont even go out anymore. Its not fun. The Music is whack, the DJs are whack, and the promoters are whack (well, most anyways, not all) All I have to say is NY Night Life RIP, Im outta here.

GOOD RIDDANCE COCKSMOKER

First of all i dont use PCDJ...I carry alot of tracks on my lap top but mostly use CDR...and three are a viable and respectable reasons for this....

Vinyl and Up keep of Turntables are expensive....being 19 and 20 years old it is very hard to build a respectable record collection and still afford to : Go to school, Pay Car Insurance ( New Jersey Rates for Males under 25) , Club, Make my car payment, rent payment, and still have spending money for drugs and my girl.....

SO fuck you faggot and if i ever see you in a club or find out who you are ill call you out and find out how talented you are with your fists.....Calling me out cause i dont own vinyl and or turntables....yes i know how to mix i just dont own them or vinyl

DJ's who currently use more Cd's than Vinyl:

Saeed and Palash

James Zabiela

Danny Howells

Lee Burridge

Dude, I am in the same boat you are. I am graduating from college this month. Let me help you with the math.

1. you spend money on clubbing? How lame is that? I dont pay for clubs or drinks, i get comps on both the door and the bar.

2. durgs...well, which is more important to you. Shit, maybe I should do what Danny does, and start calling out the druggies at clubs. I dont really care what you do. But when I was doing Tunnel until 10:00, 11:00, noon. I was just as high as everybody else. But it was purely from the music and the lights. I never touched a drug.

3. Girls... If you got game, they'll buy u shit.

Also: when I started a few years ago, it was only vinyl. I had no choice in the matter. I also had to pay for rent, car insurance, bills, etc. I do give you credit on 1 thing. At least you are independent, and not living under mommy and daddy (thats a good thing). Do what I did. Make friends with common interests. Here I am with a full studio invinting anyone that wants to come over and mix to do so. When I started I used to go over my friend Richards house with the cuppiccino machine, and we would mix all day, night, over night, whenever we could. And when we met, I was just some kid with a cell phone, trying to get into club X.

And start 1 record at a time. I have thousands of records. Do you think i got them in 1 shot. No, I started with 2 records. And my first mix CD was mad off beat. But I practiced, and invested.

so..Now you are gonna beat me up...wow....where is our maturity level on this 1. Im not a fighter. I never claimed to be. Im not about to ruin my life over some petty BS. DJing for me is a hobby, something i love to do, and I have fun doing it. If you want a punching bag to get out your agression, then go to a gym.

>>>

PAIR OF TECHNICS FOR SALE

Heres the scoop--- i just a got a new set of technics and want to pass along my old set to someone i only want 350 for the pair and thats a steal so if ur interested lemme know here or im me on aim or aol heron333

Last edited by heron on 12-08-2003 at 10:59 PM