Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tell me about Fort Lauderdale

mala

I'm moving from New York to Ft. Lauderdale this January. Although I've spent a lot of time in South Florida, I really haven't spent that much time in Ft. Lauderdale. So, I'm looking to you guys to fill me in. Tell me everything and anything about Ft. Lauderdale.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ft. Lauderdale has a great beach........good resturants..........

Stay away from any club on the beach (i.e. Iguanas) - the music/crowd are horrid.

Downtown Laudy has one place that plays nothing but house music... it's called Karma Lounge.. I love that place, all though the bar staff are slow and the music is a little too loud, too early. Other than that, the other clubs are Rush Street (cheeeeese) and Voodoo Lounge (alwaysssssssss packed, cheezy 93.1 music, but a good time.).........

Bulldog brings in some good Dj's too - thats not in downtown - more by the beach....

Another bonus for Ft. Lauderdale - you are only 10 minutes from Hollywood - home of Monday nights @ Mia's... great party at Mama Mia's in the circle - plus its free:)

Just up the road in Delray, our own rudeboywarrior, Matt Spector, spins there saturday nights.... i haven't been, but the place got GREAT reviews last week:) Sheldon & Vaughan spin the Lust party the 1st friday of the month there as well;)

You have questions, let me know. Welcome down.

:D

Congratulations and you are making as good choice of locations. Ft. Lauderdale is a great area since you are in the middle of everything. I live in Northeast Ft Lauderdale and would not want to live anyplace else.

The clubs that are good:

Karma -decent lounge/club with house music

Voodoo- packed with people, but don’t care for it

Sutra – pretty good place have a decent house night

Bulldog - cool little place, just needs more promotion

Favorite places: Venu - for the breaks, techno, and electro parties with some house. Love the place!

Delux in Delray Beach – Great place, good DJ’s, fun times, top notch.

There is tons of other stuff to do like movies, arts, and fitness all over. The biggest thing is to live near where you are going to work. If you can avoid

I-95 in your commute, that is best.

I have friends all over from Miami to Del Ray to Weston, and you end up driving for nightlife but for every day stuff like work it is a great area. I enjoy this area since the beach is easier to use, more laid back, more open areas.

I have a friend moving in 2 weeks up here and she has lived in South Beach, now Aventura, and soon Ft Lauderdale and she can’t wait for the change for the better.

Thanks Lolahotass. Great info. What's the name of this place in Delray? I have a friend who lives there and swears there's nothing to do up there. I tend to agree with him, but it's interesting to know there's something in Delray other than their annual garlic fest.

C'mon guys...more comments and opinions.

Restaurants, bars, shops, anything....

Guest brwneydtrouble

Lauderdale is great to live in that you are close to everything while not being smack dab in the middle of chaos. Thats my next home of choice. Lola pretty much summed it up, I've been to Delux in Delray and even if you dont like House, you'll love the place, totally worth the drive. Matt is fantastic in the booth and a super sweet guy to boot. After Delux closes at 2 (bummer) the majority of that crowd heads up to West Palm to go to Flow. The music is NOT the best, but by then everyone is happy drunk and wants to continue, I sometimes head down to space. Usually its home for me to do something on sunday.

We'll have to all get together when you get down here to welcome you! There are a few broward/palm beach peeps on here....Me (Jupiter), CrzyC & Prof (Boca), Erickamikazi (Laudy), Matt (Boca), Mirza (Boca) and a few more that its too early to remember...

Welcome to South Florida!

Originally posted by pbrane

Where does Matt Spector spin in Delray?

Oh and for the Ft. Lauderdale newbie, WONDERFUL dinning experience at Sublime (if you like well prepared vegetarian cuisine)

Matt spins every Saturday at Delux, I believe. Just look for one of his posts...he has the flyer in his signature. Oh and there is a nice little review that was just done by Mr. Saleen351 himself on this website www.cooljunkie.com

(did I just say Saleen did something nice) :blown:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by mala

Thanks Lolahotass. Great info. What's the name of this place in Delray? I have a friend who lives there and swears there's nothing to do up there. I tend to agree with him, but it's interesting to know there's something in Delray other than their annual garlic fest.

For bars, hit Riverfront/Las Olas, they are a dime a dozen. Shopping, I'd go up to Boca to Town Center Mall, they have everything up there. Some might not like to drive, but being that I am in BFE and drive to miami every weekend, it doesn't bother me.

Guest saleen351

well if you are white then welcome to the neighborhood, if you are a spic, then MOVE TO MIAMI AND KEEP YOUR KIND OUT OF our COUNTY.... If you are a Jew move to wpb and buy a benz and stay the fuck out of broward...

Oh and for the Ft. Lauderdale newbie, WONDERFUL dinning experience at Sublime (if you like well prepared vegetarian cuisine)

I'm not a vegan, but i was BLOWN away by the food in Sublime..... it was fantastic:D

Give me a big fat steak or give me death... but for a place with stuff made from tofu or whatever the vegans eat, the shit was da bomb fo sheezy:)

Lola and pbrane,

What is the prices like at Sublime? pretty large menu and good service?

I live really close to Sublime and drive by it all the time, I guess I need to go to it soon.

CP dinner party @ Sublime?

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by erickamikaze

Lola and pbrane,

I live really close to Sublime and drive by it all the time, I guess I need to go to it soon.

I'd be down for that.

Originally posted by mala

You're welcome...........

Resturants ----> Dan Marino's in Las Olas Riverfront has an awesome porterhouse steak:) And go down Las Olas Blvd east to hit up my other fav, MANGO'S... live jazz... great food... good atmosphere:)

Live jazz clubs - Mangos or O'Haras on Las Olas (or there is one in Hollywood)...

Best Italian food - Anthony's Runway 84 (I think that's the name) and Mama Mia's in Hollywood.... and there's a good place on Ft. Laudy beach (can't think of the name of it though)....

Max's Grill - in Riverfront or on the beach - 3 for 1 HAPPY HOUR and they have great food as well.... that's the only place I suggest you hit in BeachPlace (along with the Irish bar there... that place rocks when they get live Irish bands in there...)

Ale House - $1.50 drafts - decent food (Chicken Nachos are da BOMB!!!) - 100 TVs with nothin' but SPORTS.... (GOD I love that place!)

HOOTERS ---------> the bitches at the one in Beach Place are wayyyyyyyyyyy hotter than the pigeons that work at Riverfront (fyi).......;) Nicer tits and ass and wayyyyyyy prettier faces...

If I think of more, i'll post it:)

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Lola and pbrane,

My cousin and I went - dinner for 2 plus we split dessert was around $35 plus tip (she paid, but I think thats a good estimate)... Our flameing waiter was amazing... the owners walk around and check on you... really really awesome... clean and just a great experience.

I'm definately down to go back there... let me know!!

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by lolahotass

(along with the Irish bar there... that place rocks when they get live Irish bands in there...)

I've been there a few times.....AWESOME burgers, and their live acts are incredible. That reminds me, next time I go on a date to go there.....

Guest saleen351

i know the owner of that irish bar, i'll probably be working with him again at my new job, we spend one day in there drinking free Baileys.... I was hammered and the food is good too..

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

i know the owner of that irish bar, i'll probably be working with him again at my new job, we spend one day in there drinking free Baileys.... I was hammered and the food is good too..

Does free baileys taste any different than regular, paid for baileys?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Does free baileys taste any different than regular, paid for baileys?

yes, free always tastes better...

Originally posted by lolahotass

My cousin and I went - dinner for 2 plus we split dessert was around $35 plus tip (she paid, but I think thats a good estimate)... Our flameing waiter was amazing... the owners walk around and check on you... really really awesome... clean and just a great experience.

I'm definately down to go back there... let me know!!

fucking hippy ass food.

You have to drink a protien shake before you even eat.:blown:

I would pay no more than $5 for any thing on the menue.

BUT IM GLAD YOU GUYS LIKE IT.:D

Count me in on the Sublime trip! :letsgo: I love that place. It is a little pricey (compared to where I'm from, but I'm sure it's not compared to other restaurants down here, pricey to me is over $10 for a meal!) The atmosphere is cool though and I definitely trust how the food is prepared there (considering it's all vegan so I know if I get grilled veggies, there won't be any stray meat pieces in it) :vomit2: I won't be here for 3 weeks though, going home for the holidays. :hoparound: (where I can get good cheap veggie food, mmmm grilled tempeh mellow mushroom hoagies... ) Can ya'll tell I'm hungry?

Originally posted by thehog

fucking hippy ass food.

You have to drink a protien shake before you even eat.:blown:

I would pay no more than $5 for any thing on the menue.

BUT IM GLAD YOU GUYS LIKE IT.:D

The place is not anything hippy - it's a nice joint and the food is good... and it was filling - I'm glad I didn't eat anything prior to going...

btw, have you ever been there:confused:

Thank you, Everyone, for all the great info. I've been checking out the Miami board for the past couple of weeks, and everyone seems cool (with the exception of maybe one person :tongue: .) I'm definitely going to check out some of the places that have been suggested. I look forward to meeting you guys at some point. Let's keep this thread going.