Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Unrestricted presents DJ Mood @ Jazid Sun 12/14/2003

rcrespo

I'm very happy to have one of Miami's newest residents at the decks at Jazid. It will be a do not miss night.

Here's a few short words on DJ Mood.

Fabian Giannattasio, a.k.a. DJ Mood, is the founder and owner of thequality underground house music label “So Sound Recordingsâ€, an independent label with branches in Chicago and Miami Beach, distributed worldwide by Intergroove, Ltd.

For the past 3 years he had residences in Chicago, spinning at up scale venues like Le Passage, Narcisse and Domaine, where he hosted events for a wide range of DJs from around the world, including: The Rurals, Playing 4 the City, Julius Papp, Jask, Frankie Feliciano, Marques Wyatt, Ron Carrol, Jon Cutler, Rob Mello, Diz, Greens Keepers, Jef K, Frankie Knuckles, Inland Knights and others.

His groovy & sexy house sets made him earn a reputation as one of the fastest rising DJ/Producer among the US house scene. His versatility to spin all types of house from Jazzy, Funky and Soulful to Techie, makes him one of a kind.

About his sets Mood says:

“My roots are in house-music. When I deejay, do mix- cds or produce. I like to keep the funk alive and keep the rhythm going. The rhythm is the most important thing in music and if you play too fast, you lose the rhythm and the funk of it. So it's important to me to keep the house-tempo. When people ask me what I play, it's difficult question, 'cause I play right across the board, but the one thing that stays the same is the elements of the music itself, the funkyness and the bassdrive and the rhythm of the tracks. You can a techno record, but if you pitch it down and play it on house tempo it changes the whole concept of the record, so I don't just play house, garage, deephouse or techno, I play all of above.

I don't see myself as any particular kind of DJ. I just like theelements which I like in records. There are tracks which I play just to build the set to a certain key-point, it's not just hands-up-in-the-air constantly allnite, it's more about picking your moments and dropping the crowd in certain places and controlling them and giving them what they want for 15 minutes and let them explode and take them back down. It's just playing with their minds as much as you can, trying to be as creative as you can with playing other peoples records.â€

For more information go to: www.sosoundrecordings.com

Here's the 411.

Who: DJ Mood and Domingo Castillo

When: 12/14/03 from 10pm till ???

Where: Jazid -- 1342 Washington Ave (Miami Beach)

Price: FREE!!!

for additional info/questions/comments

please contact ramon@restrictedmgmt.com

Mood is great guest....maaaaan....maybe I can drag myself all the way up there on Sunday to hear a hometown boy....we will see!

Ramon how often will he be playing Jazid>>

Did he move here or willl be traveling here to play once in a while?

BTW listening to collette and heather right now...GOD....thank you for house music!