Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NV afterhours...Friday!

CrzyC

This place needs some new promoters because this party was insane!!!! Just coming off of an INCREDIBLE Edgar V set at Crobar, Happyface and I decide that we still want more music so we head to afterhours at NV. I admit I had my doubts and kinda didnt want to go but boy am I gald I did!!!

We walk in about 5:30am and the place is more packed than I have ever seen it. Very friendly crowd...alot of peeps that were also at Crobar. The music was kinda heavy house and to be honest at first I wasnt into it b/c I had just come off of a trance high. I immediately look up in the booth and I see none other than our own DJ BRUNO. Now, I have never met Bruno but was supposed to see him at Crobar once and my plans werent accomplished. Anyway..Im trying to think of how I can say Hi so I grab a pen and napkin and write the following..."DJ BRUNO...CrzyC and Happyface from CP are in the house." And I hand it to some guy in the booth and ask him to pass it along. Well he did I see them reading it and laugh...then they turn up the lights to find us...after that it was insane I tell ya!!!! The music got progressivly harder....DJ BRUNO and NELSON DIAZ took turns all night tagteaming it and it was incredible. I noticed that Bruno was a little more house and Diaz was more progressive (or is that backwards...cant remember)Anyway...by the time I left (9am) it was hard house and progressive (I think). Look I love music but Im never sure about house, progressive house and just progressive. LOL Anyway...I was tearing up the dance floor (thanks again to KOKY for picking out my shirt) and the lighting guy was having a blast with me...I love it when that happens. Bruno and Nelson were really feeling the crowd and I know that once time I looked up at Bruno and told him that I like it harder...LOL (I talk waaaayyy too much sometimes) but somehouw that set got REALLY dark. I had to sit down a couple times cause highheeled boots for 8 hours is not fun but I was up again within seconds because the music was that good!. Around 8am or so BRUNO comes out of the DJ booth to meet me and Happyface, we take a pic...SUPER nice guy. (He said he was at Crobar too but I didnt see him) I had to leave at 9am and I left Happyface there...hope you are okay hon. But before I left I wanted to talk to the lighting guy so he brings me up in the booth (did you see me Happyface?) and he too is really cool, I thanked him for the fun with the lights and Bruno talks to me a little more...did I mention how NICE he was?

Overall, the afterhours that I was skeptical about turned out to be ON POINT!!!! One little thing though...you guys tend to lay on that horn too much IMO. Anyway, I had a GREAT time and I will definitely so back again!!!! Thanks for all the fun and great beats BRUNO...see you again soon.

And to the promoters...get your act together folks...you have great stuff going on and NOONE knows!!! How about a CP password for the guys to get in with? I got in for free but Happyface didnt...howver...it was worth it, I am sure he will agree.

BTW...Grooveeric and Chaflas...did you get lost or lose my cell number??? WTF???

Guest saleen351

good review, yea a little too much blowing the djs, but the horn thing is a sign of rookie djs.... They usually hit it because they feel they can't keep the energy with their tracks...

I'd def check this party out though...

Originally posted by saleen351

good review, yea a little too much blowing the djs, but the horn thing is a sign of rookie djs.... They usually hit it because they feel they can't keep the energy with their tracks...

I'd def check this party out though...

Well,it was mainly the light guy that sat on the horn...the control is by him. Hey, I didnt blow the DJs though...this is truly how I felt and I speak my mind buddy!:D

Originally posted by ogmiami

I don't understand...

If, as you say, the place was packed, why do they need new promoters?

Good point...let me explain...it was more packed than I had seen it before but there was still PLENTY of space to move around and dance in. If they had the right promoters in there I think that place would have alot more peeps and it wouldnt have the stigma of being "NV" (the club down the street from SPACE). I think its great and smart that NV has afterhours on Fridays especially now that SPACE is closed on Friday nights. If more peeps knew about what a great party it was to check it out they would be making LOTS more $$$$.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CrzyC

Its too late for you Saleen...they OPEN at 4am.:laugh:

after football season, i get wild again, so after jan 28, I'M BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Good point...let me explain...it was more packed than I had seen it before but there was still PLENTY of space to move around and dance in. If they had the right promoters in there I think that place would have alot more peeps and it wouldnt have the stigma of being "NV" (the club down the street from SPACE). I think its great and smart that NV has afterhours on Fridays especially now that SPACE is closed on Friday nights. If more peeps knew about what a great party it was to check it out they would be making LOTS more $$$$.

Fact is they've been doing good for some time now. Technically, they forced Space Friday afterhours to close.

And the one thing I pointed out to the owners was, "get the horn away from the hands of the lights guy". :mad:

Originally posted by marcodavalos

And the one thing I pointed out to the owners was, "get the horn away from the hands of the lights guy". :mad:

True! No offense to him if he is on this board but he doesnt know how to use it right. He blows it on the buildup and doesnt let go when the heavy beats come back in so you miss what the buildup was all about. That was my only complaint of the night. Well, besides the men that kept trying to dance/hit on me at Crobar also went to NV and tried again there. I dont know how many guys I pissed off last night.:laugh:

Originally posted by philippio

I'm glad you had a good time! :)

Was Jody V. there last night? I forget whether he spins on fridays or saturdays. Usually he's got his drums with him.

:D:hat:

It was Dj Bruno and Nelson Diaz in the main room...not sure if there were other rooms open.

147440NV-med.JPG

Hey Crazy!!!!LOL Thanks alot for coming. Happy Face too.... I had the most fun of all !!!! I'm sure if you looked in the booth i was jumping up and down the whole night....Anyway, I'm still tired from this morning, so I have very few words.. Just thanks SOOOOOO MUCH for coming and for this awesome post!! when ever you want to come to NV (and this goes for anybody)..Send me an e-meil bruno@djbruno.net ., and ill put you on my list.. I usually post on here with an e-mail address for guest list to NV.. but just e-mail me directly anytime.. Again, thanks and I'm glad you guys had a good time...

BTW...Grooveeric and Chaflas...did you get lost or lose my cell number??? WTF???

:(

Sorry CrzyC, I was way to tired to go NV. My first night of non-stop dancing caught up to me!!! ;)

Btw, did you attachment.php?postid=1909329 at NV too? :tongue:

I got some well needed rest and I'll be ready to head out to Space tonight for possible round 2 of dancing? :eek: