Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what school does everyone attend?

murrrr

Originally posted by funks0ul

my best friend from high school went there for photography....

its a very good school, i did my masters in 3d animation/motion graphix, my roomate there was doing photography and from what i've seen they've got a very nice setup in the photography building...

Originally posted by thrillfire

I've graduate from Blacksburg High, but didn't go to VT although all of my friends from high did. And my dad was a professor there.

Whats your major?

Mechanical Engineering ... I'm trying to get a minor in CS... might get it might not... I'm not really trying to be a 6th year senior... I'm in my 4th right now... my co-op set me back a year...

what did your dad teach?

Originally posted by scruffe

Mechanical Engineering ... I'm trying to get a minor in CS... might get it might not... I'm not really trying to be a 6th year senior... I'm in my 4th right now... my co-op set me back a year...

what did your dad teach?

Chemistry... I have a friend who's finishing his Phd in Computer Engineering there, I'm not sure if thats the same as mechanical engineering.. probably not! :tongue:

Originally posted by origskeemr

damn I go to Hofstra a lot cause one of my good friends goes there. haha I should be goin there soon because I just finished classes and next semester is my boy's last year i think.

Oh yeah?? It's actually not that bad considering it's *school*. I always register for morning classes because parking isn't such a bitch, plus I wanna be done knowing I still have the full day ahead of me..But I'm psyched because next semester I only have classes twice a week :D

Originally posted by mala

nybeauty: what's the deal with NYFA? How long is the program there? I know a few people at NYU who study film. Most are very happy with the program. The only thing is that you have to do your own film in order to get your degree, and the whole thing costs loads of money. I remember one friend telling me that NYU suggests asking family members for donations to fund the project. LOL...I could just imagine my family's reaction if I tried to hit them up for this kind of cash. I know that USC is another popular school for film students.

LOL thats the only bad thing about NYFA, its very fucking expensive but you do get your $$ worth. I know people who go to NYU, their own their 2nd semester and still haven't touched equipment to do their own film @ NYFA on the very first day you get to shoot for practice and they show you everything. For the film course is 1 yr but i'm going to take the 1 month editing course since thats what i enjoy doing. The best part about the 1yr film program is that you leave the school w/ either a 16mm film or 35mm! I think its so awesome for anyone who wants to be a producer, director, camera person or just anything to deal w/ production it self. I on the other hand prefer post production, u just have to deal w/ the producer and not everyone else :D

if you're intrested u should go to their website and see when they will have another open house, i strongly recommend this school, im currently searching for grants and even scholarships to go to this school :D

Originally posted by nybeauty

LOL thats the only bad thing about NYFA, its very fucking expensive but you do get your $$ worth. I know people who go to NYU, their own their 2nd semester and still haven't touched equipment to do their own film @ NYFA on the very first day you get to shoot for practice and they show you everything. For the film course is 1 yr but i'm going to take the 1 month editing course since thats what i enjoy doing. The best part about the 1yr film program is that you leave the school w/ either a 16mm film or 35mm! I think its so awesome for anyone who wants to be a producer, director, camera person or just anything to deal w/ production it self. I on the other hand prefer post production, u just have to deal w/ the producer and not everyone else :D

if you're intrested u should go to their website and see when they will have another open house, i strongly recommend this school, im currently searching for grants and even scholarships to go to this school :D

I have a good idea of what your first movie can be of ;):licker::hump:

Originally posted by thrillfire

Chemistry... I have a friend who's finishing his Phd in Computer Engineering there, I'm not sure if thats the same as mechanical engineering.. probably not! :tongue:

nah, I started in computer engineering but i hated half the people in that major... and a teacher that gave me a D for not showing up to her class even though I had a B average... bitch...:mad: .... so what made you want to get out of the blacksburg metropolitan area? :laugh: