Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So what's the scoop on Nocturnal?

stogiey2k2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sonic1212

they fired the contractor again so they got a lonnnnnnnng way to go maybe like in a year or soo. :laugh:

Ahhhhh...the famous Sonic alter-ego once again somehow shows up to spread misinformation. Keep dreaming, Baby. Maybe someday you'll show your true face...until then just keep worrying.

I did a search of Sonics 15 posts and there seems to be a pattern. Hmmmmm...

For those who want the truth...

WE WILL BE OPEN FOR CONFERENCE!!! More later.

Originally posted by ogmiami

Alright...What do you want to know? Ask and I'll answer.

Residents????

Also I know there is sort of a Chicago tie...any chance of the residets of the Chicago nocturnal coming down here to play....like Paul Anthony?

What music will be your main format?

WMC??????? WHO???? WHAT?????WHEN????

Originally posted by lyrik

Residents????

Also I know there is sort of a Chicago tie...any chance of the residets of the Chicago nocturnal coming down here to play....like Paul Anthony?

What music will be your main format?

WMC??????? WHO???? WHAT?????WHEN????

The Chicago connection is only that the owner lives in Chi Town. He's not in the club biz there and as far as I know, there's no Nocturnal there.

Residents...Well there are tons of talented DJs here and we've made deals with a few to play regularly at Nocturnal. I really don't want to let the cat out of the bag on that just yet for a lot of reasons but you'll recognize the names when you see them.

WMC...I've done conference parties with some groups for years now and they've become like family to me so it's safe to assume you'll see some of that this year at Nocturnal. Nothing's set in stone yet but as soon as it is, we'll announce it here and on CJ as well as our web site.

Music Format...With three rooms and the extended hours, we can be diverse. Expect something different and fun.

The Chicago connection is only that the owner lives in Chi Town. He's not in the club biz there and as far as I know, there's no Nocturnal there.

Residents...Well there are tons of talented DJs here and we've made deals with a few to play regularly at Nocturnal. I really don't want to let the cat out of the bag on that just yet for a lot of reasons but you'll recognize the names when you see them.

WMC...I've done conference parties with some groups for years now and they've become like family to me so it's safe to assume you'll see some of that this year at Nocturnal. Nothing's set in stone yet but as soon as it is, we'll announce it here and on CJ as well as our web site.

Music Format...With three rooms and the extended hours, we can be diverse. Expect something different and fun.

Dade that was the most eloquent dodge I have seen in a long while.....and you are right about nocturnal I was getting it confused with Narcisse and a local promotion group called nocturnal up in Chicago.

Well then can you let us know what national and international acts and headliners we may potentially see???? Just a few examples??

How about bone people??

Guest brwneydtrouble

I can't wait till Nocturnal opens up. Honestly, I dont really want to know the details till it opens.....the anticipation is great!! *lol*

I know that whatever Dade does, it will be cutting edge.

All I have to say, is that sushi bar better be good, and fully operational when you open. ;)

Originally posted by lyrik

Dade that was the most eloquent dodge I have seen in a long while.....and you are right about nocturnal I was getting it confused with Narcisse and a local promotion group called nocturnal up in Chicago.

Well then can you let us know what national and international acts and headliners we may potentially see???? Just a few examples??

How about bone people??

The honest answer is "not really". I guess that you could potentially see anyone there. Space does a great job, in my opinion, of the "Superstar DJ thing" so the guys you're used to seeing there will be seen there. We intend to be different. I'm sure this sounds like another dodge to you but it really isn't. Once we get open and get a feel for the place, we'll make a lot of those decisions. Also, the venue will determine a lot of that.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I can't wait till Nocturnal opens up. Honestly, I dont really want to know the details till it opens.....the anticipation is great!! *lol*

I know that whatever Dade does, it will be cutting edge.

All I have to say, is that sushi bar better be good, and fully operational when you open. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. Flattery will get you everywhere...or at least on the list. Sushi bar will be open from the beginning...we'll do our best to make it good.

Not a question but a few demands :laugh:

Once in a while live pa's (hybrid, infusion, stryke, adam freeland's band)

Try out that classics thing once every quarter of the year twice with residents, twice with a special guest. I'd love to see an erick morillo or sasha play their favorites from the past.

Don't book the same big names as always, look at the nubreeds as well.

Stryke a resident in one of the rooms whether it be for afterhours or opening or main sets.

Your main night friday nights, so I can keep enjoying my luna and space saturday nights and actually have a great party when it comes to music on friday nights.

Quarterly residents cattaneo, zabiela, satoshi tomeii, erick morillo.

Dress code at door so people dress decently, re-entry at all times, no glowsticks or whistles please, and since u gonna have food up there why not add a lil sandwicherie there so i could save the trouble of goin back to the beach after being downtown for the night.

Now I ain't saleen so can't say your club will fail if u don't follow my advice but hey would be perfect for me with those things. :)

I don't know if you guys remember this but Club Glow in DC will be starting a weekly party Miami in 2004, most likely on a Friday night. Hmmm now where do you suppose a Trance weekly like that will occur? ;)

The Nu Breeds are so far not living up to the hype of the veteran Progressive DJs. Most of the Nu Breed guys are hot for a year, and then seem to lose their popularity. Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, Sasha, and Digweed are still the biggest names on the Progressive front. Some of the Nu Breeds would be excellent though for one of the smaller rooms until they, or the club, firmly establish themselves.

As much as people in Miami were'nt that impressed with Gabriel & Dresden's set the first time around you might see a big change in the next year. And also be on the lookout for James Holden's name to get bigger.

Hernan won't be able to pack one of the big rooms in Miami until he releases tracks people will be talking about. His sets are good, but he's yet to attract a large enough following in most of the US. As much as I like his sets most people in Miami will not flock to see him without a headliner like Oakie showing up as well.

Zabiela, Satoshi, and Morillo on the other hand are all excellent choices. They know how to bang it out for a big room, or how to play smaller rooms as well.

I loved your idea of having live P.A.s, and you named great acts there. Classic nights on occassion would also be interesting.

Great suggeestions :cool:

The honest answer is "not really". I guess that you could potentially see anyone there. Space does a great job, in my opinion, of the "Superstar DJ thing" so the guys you're used to seeing there will be seen there. We intend to be different. I'm sure this sounds like another dodge to you but it really isn't. Once we get open and get a feel for the place, we'll make a lot of those decisions. Also, the venue will determine a lot of that.

Honestly I have not been to Space since before it moved, well over a year. I always look forward to seeing the people you bring in. You have always managed to get a pretty diverse flow of talent at your events, especially back at Shadow. Miami needs a little change of pace.

Originally posted by CHRles

As much as people in Miami were'nt that impressed with Gabriel & Dresden's set the first time around you might see a big change in the next year.

I loved your idea of having live P.A.s, and you named great acts there. Classic nights on occassion would also be interesting.

Great suggeestions :cool:

Not impressed, christ I was ready to shoot myself after a half hour of it. Roger Sanchez must've been so pissed...though he saved it eloquently...RS rocks, he's probably one of my favorite NY DJs. G & D are just hype really...maybe they're good producers, but horrid behind the decks...nevermind the fact that they kept playing what seemed like works in progress from their Crapintosh.

The venue's sound system has a high degree of automation, making a live act totally doable...Underworld would rock there...I'd love to see them outside of a big festival, Ultra is nice and all, but I think a club set would do them proper.

I'm really looking forward to the live acts, something like underworld in a smaller venue like that would be :aright:, the sushi bar, re-entry, and especially the diversity of music throughout the three rooms.

One thing I'd really like to see is the return of the chillout room, a concept long lost in Miami. Ambient, downtempo, and I'll even go as far as deep house, an oasis of relaxation from the main room(s).

Regardless, I have a feeling that what's in store will be just the change of pace everyone is looking for.