Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PM SESSions AT NV review

Bling

I had a wonderful time at this event first of all. IT was great to meet so many new people.

I must say this was my first progressive breaks dj that i have seen and i was very impressed.

First things first. Let me say the hospitality offered to me by Marcos and Carla was second to none. Marcos is as cool in person as he is online and carla is a sweetheart.

great to see the following people

1) cianci and avila (thanks for the autographs it was great to talk to u for a while while jonathan was tearing it up)

2) digital 7 (u finally meet the elusive bling.. nice to meet u )

3) mp3some (great as always)

4) Leo (my fellow OMFG I DIE member) in the house and def enjoying the vibes.

5) oscar fonseca (great to meet u)

6) dj fx (cool guy. nice to met u as well)

damn there were a lot of djs in the house. industry was represented well at this PM SEssions party.

7) and drum roll plese PHILLIPO yep i finally met him. (though i wont condone what he said about Oscar on this board) let me say this. Phillipo is really a cool guy. lots of fun to hang with.(thanks for the vodka tonic dawg)

it was my cup of tea :)

anyways on to the show

dave preston took the decks first. great underground feel to his set. very dark and moody stuff. then Jonathan hits the decks

and this is for carla and marcos OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG i died i think 3 times. it was great. LIke nothing ive heard. (Of course thats cuz i go to all house djs and trance) but i was so glad i came tonite to hear progressive breaks.

got into the booth courtesy of marcos got jonathan's autograph. got to talk to him a bit. he told me that it was a pleasure to play for a crowd that enjoys the music so much including myself.

at around 530 i left. i wanted to stay longer but i was so tired. though blendprod was tearing it up . great hard house. i have to come out and see u spin an entire set one day :)

nothing but good times. ill def be out for ur events carla and marcos. keep it up

:)

BLING... Now that was a really good review!!! Thanks Blingster! :D

I've never met Marcos, but he really is a class-act and I truly hope what he and Carla are doing are a sign of "things to come!" :D (Who books Mazi and goes "bad"???) LOve ya!

Originally posted by Bling

I had a wonderful time at this event first of all. IT was great to meet so many new people.

I must say this was my first progressive breaks dj that i have seen and i was very impressed.

First things first. Let me say the hospitality offered to me by Marcos and Carla was second to none. Marcos is as cool in person as he is online and carla is a sweetheart.

1) cianci and avila (thanks for the autographs it was great to talk to u for a while while jonathan was tearing it up)

damn there were a lot of djs in the house. industry was represented well at this PM SEssions party.

7) and drum roll plese PHILLIPO yep i finally met him. (though i wont condone what he said about Oscar on this board) let me say this. Phillipo is really a cool guy. lots of fun to hang with.(thanks for the vodka tonic dawg)

anyways on to the show

dave preston took the decks first. great underground feel to his set. very dark and moody stuff. then Jonathan hits the decks

and this is for carla and marcos OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG i died i think 3 times. it was great. LIke nothing ive heard. (Of course thats cuz i go to all house djs and trance) but i was so glad i came tonite to hear progressive breaks.

got into the booth courtesy of marcos got jonathan's autograph. got to talk to him a bit. he told me that it was a pleasure to play for a crowd that enjoys the music so much including myself.

at around 530 i left. i wanted to stay longer but i was so tired. though blendprod was tearing it up . great hard house. i have to come out and see u spin an entire set one day :)

nothing but good times. ill def be out for ur events carla and marcos. keep it up

Originally posted by vaughanz

BLING... Now that was a really good review!!! Thanks Blingster! :D

I've never met Marcos, but he really is a class-act and I truly hope what he and Carla are doing are a sign of "things to come!" :D (Who books Mazi and goes "bad"???) LOve ya!

yup marcos & carla are kick ass :aright: :aright:

shhh dont tell my trance friends so was the music :eek:

progressive breaks is really good. never heard it before :)

:eek:

You listen to music other than trance??? ;)

Hey, don't let people think you are restricted to trance only. I'm not. I like house, breaks, progressive, etc. I just get labeled as a "trance" guy.

Bling sounds like he had an awesome time. :aright:

Very nice put there Blingster....

Even though I didnt get no autographs from the DJs nor I was in the DJ booth I had a great time last night over @ NV.

First of all I would like to thank MArcos and Carla for the invite and for their hospitality, thanks, you guys rock:

As I was heading over to NV i had no idea what expect as for the music,knowing that NV has a great setup and and pretty good sound system and not to mention a freindly staff( great drink prices aswell).

Get there early around 12:00 am and I believe it was Preston throwing down some breaks with some darkness in it which I really digged.First time hearing this guy or these guys and very very intersting sounds in which im not to familiar with.Dave leaves it nicely set for Jonathan to take over.

And as he does he picks it up a bit with some progressive sounds that had me and the crowd that was there moving.Great breaks that I was totally enjoying even though breaks isnt my cup of tea but I will give it a chance and it sure as hell was making a postive impact.Great Prog House aswell, harder beats made the night alot better. Wish i couldve stayed longer to listen Blendprod but im sure ill see him soon.

Great hanging with mp3some,Bling,DJ FX, good seeing Danny(digital), and once again thanks to Marcos even though he's a bostero hes a kool kat.:)

yeah blendprod was awesome really hard house u would have loved it . i def am gonan see cianci and avila in action soon. i only heard 30 min or so of blendprods set

ill def be coming to many more pm sessions events. it keeps me in check . all i know is when ill go to these parties ill hear some great new stuff that ive never heard :)

anyways on to the show

BLING....youre one kool kat!!!....and carla was right you looked like a pimp with that jacket.....glad you and your friends had a great time.....see you next time.

just one little detail....i wont consider what i was playing "hard house".....my first 3 tracks were progressive breaks...and then we played some more preggy stuff....:hat:

Thanx for the words guys. :) Glad you liked the music.

It was our last event of the year, and pleased to have Jonathan Lisle with us. He told me today in the way to the airport that he had a great time playing for all of you's.

Thanx to eNVy as well for giving us the opportunity to have the party there. Great club for music. :cool:

Peace,

MD

What a night...

I went intending to stay for only an hour or two and ended up staying till like 5:30!!! It was a night of firsts for me. I've never heard Dave Preston before and he played a wicked selection of tunes...all kind of genre benders which is right up my alley...he set up Jonathan like a champ!

Jonathan Lisle was also a first for me. Carla has been telling me about his new label M-Theory for a while now at Grooveman and so I was really looking forward to hearing what this new label head was to bring to the decks. I was blown away!

except for Goldie - "Inner City Life" RITM Vocalic City Mix, I didn't recognize a single track...and every one of them was pure heaven!!! Obby...you really missed out on some top notch proggressive breaks, bro! Man, I've got a new man to watch out for in Mr. Lisle. He was a pleasure to talk to, enthusiastic on the decks, and a true pleasure listening to. Major props to him!!!

I was running out of gas quickly by like 5 or so and only got to hear a little bit of Cianci y Avila, but liked the switches back and forth between the straights and breaks!

WAKE UP MIAMI!!! You have no idea what the fuck you're missing out on. PM Sessions brought top notch, top quality talent to Envy Saturday night and it was an honor to be a part of it!!!

Thanks, big time, go out to Marco and Carla!!! What a pleasant surprise to have been able to make it out and enjoy a great night of music, friends and new aquiantences!

Respect,

FX

Once again, PM Sessions delivering a fresh dose of nothing but the dopest beats in the city... I concur w FX there.. Miami WAKE UP!! u guys dont kno what ur missing!

I got in a little after 1am, so didnt get to hear much of Dave Preston's set... I was very eager to hear the sound of Jonathan Lisle.. Before i got there i hadnt heard any of his music; but being one of Digweed's proteges, and a member of the Bedrock label, i was sure he wouldnt disappoint. I was never too big of a fan of breaks, but his sound cmpletely blew me away!! A very interesting fusion of progressive and breaks, that was absolute bliss! It takes a lot of talent to build momentum on a breaks set(and even more to hold my attention while at it), but i must say jonathan lisle delivered it properly. I got even more into it on the latter part of his set, once he tilted the balance slightly more onto the progressive side :tongue: and began letting the basslines roll loose!. It's been a while since i heard the sounds of bedrock in miami (aside from the occasional track on a couple of house sets) but it was the consistency and the color of his set that earned my undivided attention.

Mad props to Marco and Carla for continuing the flow of Quality up-and-coming DJ's. You guys are making maimi a muuuch better place to party on! ;) Keep it uuup!! hehe :aright:

It was nice seeing everyone Bling mentioned on his detailed attendance list!.. hehe

Nice hanguin out and chattin w ya koky, nice meeting fx; and i gotta say.. *tsk, tsk* funniest site of the evening: watching phillippio getting down on the dancefloor, side on side to Bling!! :laugh: after all the drama and the personal attacks by this controversial charachter, it was nice to see them sharing what its all about.. fkn getting dwn on the dancefloor, appreciating the music that we all 'seem' to share a passion for... :)

Great night indeed... Look out for everything coming from the PM Sessions crew in 2004!!

WAKE UP MIAMI!!! u r missing out big time!!

Peace!

Mp3.-:smoke:

Originally posted by mp3some

:

It was nice seeing everyone Bling mentioned on his detailed attendance list!.. hehe

Nice hanguin out and chattin w ya koky, nice meeting fx; and i gotta say.. *tsk, tsk* funniest site of the evening: watching phillippio getting down on the dancefloor, side on side to Bling!! :laugh: after all the drama and the personal attacks by this controversial charachter, it was nice to see them sharing what its all about.. fkn getting dwn on the dancefloor, appreciating the music that we all 'seem' to share a passion for... :)

Great night indeed... Look out for everything coming from the PM Sessions crew in 2004!!

WAKE UP MIAMI!!! u r missing out big time!!

Peace!

Mp3.-:smoke:

lol that was happyface u were talkin to or Leo not koky . and yeah i was having a good tiime . phillipo may put his foot in his mouth on this board but he def knows how to party and have a good time

Originally posted by pod

Neither Eric or I were there, we were on planes headed for our respective homelands at the time.

Besides, Bling gets enough press anyway!:laugh:

i never get enuff press . i love takin pics with all the good lookin ladies on cp :) as well as my buds

dude. I had a great time. Jon Lisle was fantastic. nice mixture of atmospheric, trippy, twisted breakz. As always a pleasure to catch him live. props to Marco and Carla for delivering the goods!.. great hanging out with Dave Preston, although I missed his opening set... Leo, FX, I finally met the elusive Blingster :), Cianci and Avila, Alejandro, Mono, Phillipio and mp3some.. good night out.. thanks a bunch

thanks for the nice words on the opening set, guys. had a good time at envy - what a wicked club!! as far as lisle goes...unbelievable as usual. big thanks to marco and carla for putting on yet another class event. looking forward to the next one in the new year :)

dave