Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soundfactory Review

Originally posted by barvybe

Perhaps when they have it all tweaked nicely and stuff (which is very infrequently). Typically my friends and my ears hurt during some tracks while there and we leave with the "bad" buzz in your ears.

Never happens at Arc...my point is that its consistently very good and full / used well by the dj's there.

was the opposite for me, i spent countless sundays in factory every week and never left with my ears hurting or ringing, i've had it every time i've walked out of arc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by amd

SF system was installed by GSANY, engineered by AuraTec. Consists of Pulsar drive 6 space amps, and Crown Macro Techs. The speakers are all B&C speakers. 120,000 + watts. It has been rated as one of the best systems in the world in several magazines.

Not to mention that a phazon system is nothing more than JBL speakers in custom cabinet, QSC amps, and they switch some of the internal components on the mixers and EQ....it is a much over rated system.

by who?

how could it be one of the best systems in the world when its barely even the best in the city?

the system at vinyl is far clearer, though they never seem to have it at full power (even danny constantly complains of them messing w/ "his levels")... at factory, again maybe it was the tweaking that week, but i heard spots all over the floor where the bass was breaking up... and back in the day was no different... i liked the system better there years back anyway... until jp killed it of course... even as late as '99 it still was pretty good... not the clearest, but it had some good kick to it and gave off that dirty bass like vinyl's old system...

I've read a few posts from people who visited SF after JP left and said that you can't hear the system when your walking down the block anymore, and you can barely hear it outside when your id is getting checked. If thats the case, then they did something massive to that system, because @ Halloween I could hear it @ about the corner of 11th Ave......

Club Systems Intl. are the same people that nominated the following DJs for "Best Resident DJ" in 2004:

Best Resident DJ

Mark Leventhal, Thursdays @ Rumi, Miami

Jonathan Peters, Saturdays @ Sound Factory, New York

Danny Tenaglia, Be Yourself @ Arc, New York

Marques Wyatt, Deep @ Sixteen-Fifty, Santa Monica

With the exception of DT, if these are the DJs they nominate as the best residents for the "Club World" awards, I don't give much weight to them previously naming SF as best sound system or anything else they have to say for that matter.

They also nominated Deep this year for best sound system. I've been to Deep, and their system ain't all that.

Having been to SF many times, the system is loud with a good deal of bass overload, but it is farrrrrrrrrrrrrr from best in the world, much less the best in the city.