Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Liquid Owner #2 FINALLY behind bars

drewbongiorno

This quite a nice Christmas present for me and many others who were put through hell with this clown. I am glad the truth is finally laid to rest! :blown:

This news artical is taken from the Sun-Sentinel .

Former Miami club owner given 27-year prison term for defrauding investors

By Lisa J. Huriash

Staff Writer

Posted December 23 2003

South Florida residents said they were duped into believing they would either land coveted top jobs at or partnerships in a South Beach nightclub once linked to Madonna and other celebrities. Instead, most went bankrupt and two lost their homes, prosecutors said.

State prosecutors put William Shaw, 38, of Miami back in state prison for violating probation by "committing an organized scheme to defraud" on Friday, when Broward Circuit Judge Ana Gardiner sentenced him to 27 years, the maximum allowed. Shaw, who briefly owned the club Liquid, had been out on probation after serving time in prison for a similar scheme.

"It is apparent that the subject continues to be involved in criminal behavior," Lynette Herrera, Shaw's probation supervisor, wrote in a July 18 report. "This officer believes that if the probationer is released from custody he will continue to victimize others. I also believe he is a threat to the current victims as well as the community."

In the latest scheme, prosecutors said Shaw stole the identities of some victims. With others, he lied by promising they wouldn't have to spend any money on their investment and he would pay off any sums he accumulated on their credit cards.

To those who cooperated, Shaw promised a piece of South Beach's club Liquid, or top spots such as vice president of marketing, if they gave personal information that could be used on corporate records.

Instead, he used the money to open credit cards and buy himself such things as cars, two personal watercraft, a motorcycle and a pony for his daughter. When one man tried to back out of the business, Shaw threatened him, according to state records.

Shaw stole about $2 million from 25 victims between October 2001 and May 2002, according to state papers.

Liquid went bankrupt and closed after less than a year under Shaw's ownership.

Shaw "preys on people's trust and just bleeds them dry -- all for his own greed," said Deputy Chief Assistant Statewide Prosecutor James Cobb. "Billy Shaw now is sitting where he belongs, in prison."

In the earlier scheme, Shaw was charged with racketeering, organized fraud and communications fraud, for convincing victims to obtain cash advances on their credit cards for bogus investments in auto detailing franchises. Shaw falsely promised to make all monthly payments.

More than 25 unsuspecting investors from Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties -- most of them in their 20s and 30s -- lost a total of $1 million, prosecutors said.

Arrested in 1997, Shaw was sentenced the next year to 51 months in prison. That eventually was reduced to 39 months in exchange for his testimony against his boss in the auto detailing franchise scheme. The boss, reputed to be a member of the Bonnano crime family, allegedly directed Shaw and others from his cell in Miami federal prison, federal agents said.

Shaw was released from prison in October 2000 and sentenced to five years probation.

He then bought and reopened Liquid, and in the process of raising investment capital, Shaw reverted to his previous credit card scheme, prosecutors said.

Liquid is best known for its previous owner, Chris Paciello, the businessman who associated with Madonna and, federal prosecutors charged in 1999, used his connections with the Italian mob to terrorize competitors and control the city's nightlife. In October 2000 he pleaded guilty to robbery, racketeering and murder in a Brooklyn federal court. A plea bargain got him into the witness protection program.

Lisa J. Huriash can be reached at:

lhuriash@sun-sentinel.com

or

954-356-4557

Copyright © 2003, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

What Vivek said.

Yeah, BS used to post on here as "liquidowner" or something to that effect. I had dinner with the bastard once and he asked me "hey, how's your credit rating?" ... based on intelligence gathered from my sources, I finished my food, and ran like hell.

27 years, I hope there's no parole, a lot of good people got hurt by this guy.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Is there any affiliation with the Liquid in West Palm? I remember hearing way back when that there was.

Liquid in west palm payed a license fee for the name and logo.

Afterwards billy shaw bought all future rights to the name and opened his club.

billy was one hell of a shadey guy, thats for sure! i remember when i used to do promotions for him and liquid back before and up through conference of 2002. that was prob. the hardest promotions job i ever had. i worked my ass off and there was just NO effort put into that club by the ownership music wise. it was like i was totally waisting my time cause no matter how hard i tried to get people to go there the ownership just didn't want to care about it. they just had no clue and didn't give a fuck. if it wasn't for drew, kris & the other marketing girl (don't remember her name) that club wouldn't have lasted a week! the rest of the crew (drew, kris, dan, the other marketing girl) were ALL very cool people. we (james sheridan mostly) did the FIRST EVER US deeper substance party there at conference of 2002 with demi.

i remember it being a MAJOR pain in the ass trying to get billy to pay me. he would promise one thing and then when it came time to pay up he would get this attitude like "you really want me to pay you? you thought i was serious about that?" i wanted to kill the fucker! i remember one week on pay day i came down to the beach to pick up my money but billy wasn't there...i asked where he was and had to go from liquid down to red back to liquid up to fort laudaerdale, 25 phone calls and messages and FINALLY back down to miami the next day before i FINALLY got paied. i think it took me a total of 2 days to finally track the bitch down and get him to give me my money. needless to say that was the last time i ever promoted for that asshole!

SO glad he got what was coming to him! like was said above...karma's a bitch ain't it hehehehehe

Originally posted by marick

billy was one hell of a shadey guy, thats for sure! i remember when i used to do promotions for him and liquid back before and up through conference of 2002. that was prob. the hardest promotions job i ever had. i worked my ass off and there was just NO effort put into that club by the ownership music wise. it was like i was totally waisting my time cause no matter how hard i tried to get people to go there the ownership just didn't want to care about it. they just had no clue and didn't give a fuck. if it wasn't for drew, kris & the other marketing girl (don't remember her name) that club wouldn't have lasted a week! the rest of the crew (drew, kris, dan, the other marketing girl) were ALL very cool people. we (james sheridan mostly) did the FIRST EVER US deeper substance party there at conference of 2002 with demi.

i remember it being a MAJOR pain in the ass trying to get billy to pay me. he would promise one thing and then when it came time to pay up he would get this attitude like "you really want me to pay you? you thought i was serious about that?" i wanted to kill the fucker! i remember one week on pay day i came down to the beach to pick up my money but billy wasn't there...i asked where he was and had to go from liquid down to red back to liquid up to fort laudaerdale, 25 phone calls and messages and FINALLY back down to miami the next day before i FINALLY got paied. i think it took me a total of 2 days to finally track the bitch down and get him to give me my money. needless to say that was the last time i ever promoted for that asshole!

SO glad he got what was coming to him! like was said above...karma's a bitch ain't it hehehehehe

wow I had no idea you and James had to go through so much trouble to just throw that party (it's me Christina)

karma will bite you in the ass if you abuse it, NO DOUBT!

Paciello used to go out with latin star Sofia Vergara, back in the day and she would sometimes borrow Chris' yellow Lamborghini Countach...nice combo, hu? big tits and a fast car...now, that is life in the fast lane...mind you...back then, you didn't see italian sports cars on every corner...South Beach was not the place some of you think it was...there weren't as many clubs and nightlife spots as there are today...so Liquid did stand out as a "super club"...all the tales of murder, money laundry and deception did not affect the club's popularity...it was always packed to capacity...

Vergara01.jpg

Vergara + Countach = Paciello's rides :eek:

front_400x224.jpg

There was always an aura of shadiness about the club...aside from Pachá and Amnesia, Liquid was one of the few clubs that had been built from scratch to be a club...it had good sound, nice wooden dancing floors, plenty of different spaces to chill...it made you wonder where the money was coming from...I remember the signature iluminated bubbling water towers all over the place...

The whole Madonna/Casares/Paciello blew up over-night and it made headlines accross the country...Madonna vanished from Miami in no time...sold her house soon after...Casares is still all over the place hoggin' press attention and doing the artsy rounds, always surrounded by real celebrities so that she can be associted to fame...I don't really like the bitch...she looks like a bitter dominatrix to me...

It's amazing how people have the balls to open such a notorius business and fool everyone out of their moneys...there has to be some kind of adrenaline rush they're seeking...no way they think they're going to get away with it...rule is..."you play, you pay"

Have a nice stay at the big hotel Billy...don't drop the soap! :D