Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 20 Trance/Progressive Tracks Of The Year

xxgrooveericxx

On Armin Van Buuren's "A State Of Trance" show today, they revealed the top 20 trance/progressive tracks of the year. And here they are:

01 Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Sweeping Strings Remix)

02 Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)

03 Armin van Buuren feat Justine Suissa - Burned With Desire (Rising Star Remix)

04 Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix)

05 Agnelli & Nelson - Holding On To Nothing (Club Mix)

06 Oceanlab feat Justine Suissa - Satellite (Original Above & Beyond Mix)

07 Tiesto - Traffic (Original Mix)

08 Scott Bond vs Solar Stone - 3rd Earth (Original Mix)

09 Sarah McLachlan - Fallen (Gabriel & Dresden Anti Gravity Mix)

10 Envio - Touched By The Sun (Original Mix)

11 Fictivision vs C-Quence - Symbols (Original Mix)

12 Signum - Push Through (Original Mix)

13 Solid Globe - North Pole (Original Mix)

14 Aalto - Rush (Super8 vs Orkidea Remix)

15 Paul van Dyk feat Hemstock & Jennings - Nothing But You (Club Mix)

16 Pulser - My Religion (Original Mix)

17 Plastic Boy - Live Another Life

18 Ace's Delight - Mental Theme (Ultra Trance Mix)

19 Mark Otten - Mushroom Therapy (Lightscape Remix)

20 Firewall - Sincere (Pulser Remix)

These were voted in on Armin's website. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the trance/progressive genre bending title clearly goes to ...

AGNELLI & NELSON

If you look at some of their earlier work through current (including their blissful remix of "Summer Sun" by Afterburn), they have consistently made music that could easily work on a house or trance floor...

Originally posted by spinstar

the trance/progressive genre bending title clearly goes to ...

AGNELLI & NELSON

If you look at some of their earlier work through current (including their blissful remix of "Summer Sun" by Afterburn), they have consistently made music that could easily work on a house or trance floor...

:werd:

They have many excellent production under their belts :D

u need dsl or cable to download effectively....if not, downloading a 10 min song will take 2 hours ..maybe more

ok when i had dial up in a year i only had like 300 or so tracks.....on dsl which ive had for 10 months ive downloaded over 2000 files two times!! cuz the first time my hard drive died....and im talking about all kinds of music not just electronic stuff.

so get dsl and soulseek and youll have some fun.

Originally posted by trojanman

u need dsl or cable to download effectively....if not, downloading a 10 min song will take 2 hours ..maybe more

ok when i had dial up in a year i only had like 300 or so tracks.....on dsl which ive had for 10 months ive downloaded over 2000 files two times!! cuz the first time my hard drive died....and im talking about all kinds of music not just electronic stuff.

so get dsl and soulseek and youll have some fun.

Nice, Im getting POWERLINK next week. Will that do? Thanks for the info.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

On Armin Van Buuren's "A State Of Trance" show today, they revealed the top 20 trance/progressive tracks of the year. And here they are:

01 Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Sweeping Strings Remix)

02 Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)

03 Armin van Buuren feat Justine Suissa - Burned With Desire (Rising Star Remix)

04 Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix)

05 Agnelli & Nelson - Holding On To Nothing (Club Mix)

06 Oceanlab feat Justine Suissa - Satellite (Original Above & Beyond Mix)

07 Tiesto - Traffic (Original Mix)

08 Scott Bond vs Solar Stone - 3rd Earth (Original Mix)

09 Sarah McLachlan - Fallen (Gabriel & Dresden Anti Gravity Mix)

10 Envio - Touched By The Sun (Original Mix)

11 Fictivision vs C-Quence - Symbols (Original Mix)

12 Signum - Push Through (Original Mix)

13 Solid Globe - North Pole (Original Mix)

14 Aalto - Rush (Super8 vs Orkidea Remix)

15 Paul van Dyk feat Hemstock & Jennings - Nothing But You (Club Mix)

16 Pulser - My Religion (Original Mix)

17 Plastic Boy - Live Another Life

18 Ace's Delight - Mental Theme (Ultra Trance Mix)

19 Mark Otten - Mushroom Therapy (Lightscape Remix)

20 Firewall - Sincere (Pulser Remix)

These were voted in on Armin's website. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ahh, i needed a good laugh tonight, and that list is classic comedy...

for new jacks on this board, there is a clear distinction between trance and progessive house. The cross over is much more distinct then people let on, and its done so trance djs aren't labeled as "trance" djs..... FOR EXAMPLE Ralph Falcon PLAYS PROGRESSIVE HOUSE AND NO SIGN OR HINT OF ANY TRANCE IN HIS SETS. SO FOR ALL THOSE WHO GET SHIT ON , AND MADE FUN OF, AND BEAT UP IN THE CLUBS FOR THEIR LOVE OF TRANCE, SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH PROGRESSIVE IS TRANCE BULLSHIT! IT'S NOT. GOD DAMM IT, YOU IDIOTS HERE IN MIAMI HAVE BEEN CLUBBING FOR 5 MINUTES COMPARED TO THE REST OF WORLD. PLEASE SHUT UP AND KILL YOUSELVES..

THERE IS LITTLE IF ANY PROGRESSIVE HOUSE IN THAT LIST... you fockers are trying to take over the progressive genre, and it ain't gonna happen. Trance is trance, and progressive is progressive... Don't try and repackage it and relabel it so you don't look like fools. Its pure cheese for kids so don't ever put progressive house in a pure trance list...

BTW, I HEAR IF YOU SEND IN 10 UPC CODES FROM KRAFT MAC AND CHEEESE THEY WILL SEND YOU THAT CD...

HAPPY COLLECTING...

STUANDS I SAY...:blown:

Originally posted by saleen351

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ahh, i needed a good laugh tonight, and that list is classic comedy...

for new jacks on this board, there is a clear distinction between trance and progessive house. The cross over is much more distinct then people let on, and its done so trance djs aren't labeled as "trance" djs..... FOR EXAMPLE Ralph Falcon PLAYS PROGRESSIVE HOUSE AND NO SIGN OR HINT OF ANY TRANCE IN HIS SETS. SO FOR ALL THOSE WHO GET SHIT ON , AND MADE FUN OF, AND BEAT UP IN THE CLUBS FOR THEIR LOVE OF TRANCE, SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH PROGRESSIVE IS TRANCE BULLSHIT! IT'S NOT. GOD DAMM IT, YOU IDIOTS HERE IN MIAMI HAVE BEEN CLUBBING FOR 5 MINUTES COMPARED TO THE REST OF WORLD. PLEASE SHUT UP AND KILL YOUSELVES..

THERE IS LITTLE IF ANY PROGRESSIVE HOUSE IN THAT LIST... you fockers are trying to take over the progressive genre, and it ain't gonna happen. Trance is trance, and progressive is progressive... Don't try and repackage it and relabel it so you don't look like fools. Its pure cheese for kids so don't ever put progressive house in a pure trance list...

BTW, I HEAR IF YOU SEND IN 10 UPC CODES FROM KRAFT MAC AND CHEEESE THEY WILL SEND YOU THAT CD...

HAPPY COLLECTING...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by saleen351

HAPPY COLLECTING...

Where on my post did it say PROGRESSIVE HOUSE? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't see it anywhere; putting words in someone else's post again? :rolleyes:

I was just merely posting the list from the show. I didn't come up with it. No one here in Little Havana, Miami, or whatever you wanna call it today came up with that list. It's a list that was compiled world-wide. Just because your favorite track didn't make the list, don't get grouchy. Oh yeah, that's right, this isn't your cup of tea.

Ohhhh, and it's so "adult-ish" and "Godly" to like HOUSE music, a.k.a. Saleen's taste of house music? Bro, get over it. Let the people like what they like and that's it. Good beats are good beats. Be it trance, house, breaks, tribal, drum n bass, whatever! If it's good music, people will listen.

Enough from me. My 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth to ya!

Peace!

As you can see from that list, trance has evolved a lot from a few years back.

A lot more smooth and melodic. (Holden's Nothing is definitely a cross over track that both trance DJ's AND progressive DJ's play).

Quality list! :aright:

Hey Saleen, why don't you name your top 10 HOUSE tracks PRODUCED THIS YEAR? And to make it harder, produced this year in THE US???

Oh and it' so funny that trance is purely for kids yet when a trance DJ plays Space it's packed to the wall and I'm pretty sure they ID every person going in that place to make sure they're 21 and over. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh and btw that goes for NY too...

Originally posted by southof5th

Oh and it' so funny that trance is purely for kids yet when a trance DJ plays Space it's packed to the wall and I'm pretty sure they ID every person going in that place to make sure they're 21 and over. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh and btw that goes for NY too...

:laugh:

Don't worry, he's in Guido Denial :rolleyes: