Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 20 Trance/Progressive Tracks Of The Year

xxgrooveericxx

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by southof5th

As you can see from that list, trance has evolved a lot from a few years back.

A lot more smooth and melodic. (Holden's Nothing is definitely a cross over track that both trance DJ's AND progressive DJ's play).

Quality list! :aright:

Hey Saleen, why don't you name your top 10 HOUSE tracks PRODUCED THIS YEAR? And to make it harder, produced this year in THE US???

I have put up my top 5 of the year, but I would have to all my choons in front of me to to a top 10 and right now i'm in NJ not fla, but certainly when i get back, i would put up a top ten...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saleen knows little to nothing about Progressive House and Progressive Trance. Just go back to listening to Freestyle and Whitney Houston remixes :tongue:

Saleen, Armin Van Buuren was originally discovered by Progressive House DJs Sasha and Nick Warren.

Gabriel & Dresden's records (Motorcycle, Andainmm, etc. ) get played by a cross section of DJs, including Sandra Collins (who's from the US) who spins both Prog House and Progressive Trance.

A number of Tiesto's records were supported by way more than just the Trance DJs. In fact, a big number of Progressive House DJs played his remix to "Silence"by Delerium, and "Flight 643".

James Holden is a Progressive House DJ. Even Deep Dish played "Nothing" in their sets.

Just b/c Ralph Falcon chooses not to play these records in his sets doesn't necessarily mean none of them are Progressive.

Guest saleen351

ralph was just an example this board knows of and who plays progressive house in miami. Fact is the trance djs know the label "trance" hurts them, so they are all trying to mesh the two together. There is always tons of tracks that cross over, but more and more trance fegs use the word progressive house/progressive trance too much. It's clear the trance crowd is trying to repackage their garbage and call it progressive house... flight 643 was played by everyone and so was dark beat. a hit is a hit, but overrall flight 643 is a TRANCE RECORD..

Yes, but is it Progressive Trance? Or just Trance?

That's why the title of the top 20 is Trance/Progressive....b/c some of those songs can be seen as Progreessive, and are played by DJs who arent necessarily ones to mainly play Trance in their sets.

As for repackaging Trance, give me a break. Over the years the labelling for some DJs changed from Progressive Techno, to Trance, to Progressive House, to Epic house, to Dream House, and back again into Trance. It's the media that renames a genre every few years.

Saleen, every type of genre gets re-packaged and re-labeled.

I mean, you have country music (Johnny Cash), and you have pop-country (Faith Hill).

You have trance, and you have progressive trance.

West Coast House, Progressive House, Deep House.

Leave the list alone. The people that listen to this genre of music listed their fav songs. So fucking what......

Sometimes you drive me insane:eek:

Originally posted by mrmovement33

dude, this souds like the top 20 cheesiest trance trax this year. garbage i tell you. but, i respect anyone's taste in music but dude, these tracks are 90% trance, not my cup of tea. i too am laughing saleen:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let me get this straight ...

.. You call the music "garbage " , but yet "respect anyone's taste in music " and finally "laugh" along with saleen . :confused: :confused:

stop contradicting yourself . :idea:

Guest saleen351

i find it so funny about the whitney houston remixes. Years ago when they came out, not sure what year but i think 99 or 98, those mixes on that cd sold like hot cakes. They were remixed by every dj on earth but jr, vicious and jp mixes were the best. So i find it funny the same tracks that were played all over the world are now being shunned by the very same people who can sing every word and also owned at one point all the mixes. everyone had that cd. Miami always tried to be too cool when it comes to vocals, and look where it's gotten yous, no chicks go out clubbing anymore due to no vocals. <<< and a person who runs a huge club in miami said the same thing...

look at that eddie baez cd i posted about, that live mix is dopness...

oh wait, if you guys hated WH, you really must of hated madonna.. well then i guess frozen was cheese too....

you guys make no sense and i really need to stop talking tunes to people who have been clubbing for 3 years...

btw, there is a rare mix of a WH track, the first 131 is an accapella and then the track unloads on you..I wish you guys could have seen the clubs in nyc and nj in the 90's... nothing but fun fun fun fun fun...but you had acosta and models.. I feel bad for yous since you guys love clubbing a lot, you reall missed out on the good years and don't fully understand back then it was varitey of music and vibe like no other and that included vocals such as whitney houston.

club music isn't under ground and never will be, but having mass apeal while staying true to the sounds of the underground is where it's at, look at dark beat, look at satisfaction etc...

Trance came and gone, let it die and it might make a comeback, but as long as the idiots pump dollars to the tiestos and pvds, then trance will always be terrible, it's time for the new kings of trance to step up and take over and then and only then will it be like the old days..

1. I've never heard any WH in any club I've been to in Miami...not even in 98,99.

2. The only club-worthy Madonna tune I've heard in a club in Miami is Music - Deep Dish remix.

3. No girls in clubs?? I don't know which clubs you go too...

4. Who the fuck is Eddie Baez....lol

1+2+3+4 = Miami's got it covered pretty good, thanks

Originally posted by saleen351

, no chicks go out clubbing anymore due to no vocals. ...

They come out to the Trance parties :tongue:

Originally posted by saleen351

, Trance came and gone, let it die and it might make a comeback, but as long as the idiots pump dollars to the tiestos and pvds, then trance will always be terrible, it's time for the new kings of trance to step up and take over and then and only then will it be like the old days..

This is the biggest misconcepttion amongst some of the younger Trance kids, and ppl like you. Tiesto and PVD ARE THE NEW KINGS OF TRANCE.It's amazing how some people think these guys were always number one.

The truth is that in 1998 Paul Van Dyk debuted on DJ Mag’s annual Top 100 DJs list at number 42. The following year he skyrocketed to number 6!

In 2000 DJ Tiesto debuted at number 24 on DJ Mag’s annual Top 100 DJ list, and the following year he catapulted to number 6. One year later, in 2002, he rose to the top of the list as the number one DJ. That means that 4 years ago he wasn't even on that chart.

2001 is the year in which Armin Van Buuren debuted on DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJ list, at the number 27 position. The following year he rose all the way to number 5, and this year he moves up to number 3.

Paul Van Dyk started spinning in the early 90s, and 2 years later he was already spinning abroad. In 93 he was already spinning in Ft. Lauderdale and Gainesville, and then later in Orlando. In fact, Simons in Gainesville used to be his favorite club in the whole world. So that gives him a pretty strong connection to the Florida scene. Don't forget that by the late 90s he had a residency at New York's best club, Twilo.

Tiesto was a local DJ spinning in his hometown of Breda for almost a decade before he started spinning abroad.

Armin’s story is among the most remarkable of all. Up until 1999 Armin never even Djed abroad. 2 years after he started playing out of his home country of Holland Armin was already ranked in the top 30, and 3 years after he was playing abroad he was already ranked in the top 5.

So get your facts straight!

BTW, Benni Benassi's "Satisfaction" is Underground? Give me a break. It is the "Zombie Nation" of 2003. The guy for the most part just rips off Robbie Rivera's sound. Benassi's better under his KMC alias.

Everybody bought the Whitney remixes when they came out? Is this some sort of joke? Look, I really don't mind hearing her songs on Soft Rock stations, or at an 80s party with "I wanna Dance With Somebody". But Saleen, Whitney is OVA! The only thing keeping her alive in any Dance scene right now is a cheeky bootleg that meshes her record with a U2 song.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

Best year clubbing was in 2000/2001 for Madonna re-mixes.... Victor Calderone re-mixed the entire Ray of Light CD..

Sky Fits Heaven

Frozen

Ray of Light

Also SKIN, and Deeper were big hits.

I will say I did hear these played in clubs in Miami.....

:D

you forgot

jr vasquez - if maddona calls

:tongue:

my top 20 ...

1. ozone - rock (original mix) & (inzite remix)

2. cern - the message (northern mix)

3. space brothers - one more chance (riley & durant remix)

4. holden & thompson - nothing

5. attention deficit - what

6. jose amnesia - eternal ( thomas datt remix )

7. polaroid - so damn beautiful (dogzilla remix)

8. dj tiesto - nyana

9. thomas datt - antarctic rain

10. this fuckin track i dont have the name of ... i asked edgar what it was and he doesnt even remember ... its on nocturnal sessions 4-30-03 .. part 2 , track 2 ... :D

11. terry bones vs fred baker - introspection (john askew remix)

12. tkak & haverlik - tyra

13. coast to coast - searchin (coast to coast 2003 remix)

14. blank & jones - a forrest (ron den beuken remix )

15. mid atlantic science - 7th day

16.agnelli & nelson - holding on to nothing

17. riley & durant - candesco (original instrumental mix)

18. & I KNOWWWWW eric is gonna drive me nutts cause of this one but i really loved this track when it came out .. GOOD TIMES !!;) but "as the rush comes" was definately one of my all time faves :D:cool: there eric ... u heard it from me :D

19. david gahan- dirty sticky floors

20. jose amnesia - eternal (sunrise remix) all i have to say is that i been listening to this track for over almost this whole year & it still gives me the chills when i listen to it loud !!! :eek: :eek: its kinda mellow but just sends a KRUCIAL feeling thru my entire body :cool: probably my fave track of the year :D

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix)

:love2: :love2: :love2:

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Sweeping Strings Remix)

Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)

Tiesto - Traffic (Original Mix)

Scott Bond vs Solar Stone - 3rd Earth (Original Mix)

:D :D :D

As heard on this past weeks Global DJ Broadcast:

Markus Schulz's 2003 Year In Review Hour 1

01. David Gahen - Dirty Sticky Floors (Junkie XL Remix)

02. Roc Project - Never (Filterheadz Remix)

03. Scott Bond vs Solar Stone - 3rd Earth

04. Ictus - The Look (Chris Lake Remix)

05. Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)

06. Sworn - Treatment Declined (Demented Mix)

07. Kate Bush vs Infusion - Running Up That Hill

08. Paul Oakenfold - Hypnotized (Deepsky Reaktor Radio Mix)

09. Sattva - Echo Of Silence (Way Out West Remix)

10. Avril Lavigne - I'm With You (Leama & Moor Remix)

Markus Schulz's 2003 Year In Review Hour 2

01. Jewel - Intuition (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)

02. Coldplay - Clocks (Gabriel & Dresden Bootleg Mix)

03. James Talk - Eggs Are Cute

04. James Holden - A Break In The Clouds (Markus Schulz Reconstruction)

05. Holden & Thompson - Nothing (Returning 93 Mix)

06. Fischerspooner - Emerge (Junkie XL Remix)

07. Sander Kleinenberg - Buenos Aires

08. Little Wonder - Eclipse (Fictivision vs C-Quence Remix)

09. Paul Van Dyk - Nothing But You (PVD Club Mix)

10. Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Sweeping Strings Mix)

Originally posted by globalgirl

As heard on this past weeks Global DJ Broadcast:

Markus Schulz's 2003 Year In Review Hour 1

01. David Gahen - Dirty Sticky Floors (Junkie XL Remix)

02. Roc Project - Never (Filterheadz Remix)

03. Scott Bond vs Solar Stone - 3rd Earth

04. Ictus - The Look (Chris Lake Remix)

05. Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)

06. Sworn - Treatment Declined (Demented Mix)

07. Kate Bush vs Infusion - Running Up That Hill

08. Paul Oakenfold - Hypnotized (Deepsky Reaktor Radio Mix)

09. Sattva - Echo Of Silence (Way Out West Remix)

10. Avril Lavigne - I'm With You (Leama & Moor Remix)

Markus Schulz's 2003 Year In Review Hour 2

01. Jewel - Intuition (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)

02. Coldplay - Clocks (Gabriel & Dresden Bootleg Mix)

03. James Talk - Eggs Are Cute

04. James Holden - A Break In The Clouds (Markus Schulz Reconstruction)

05. Holden & Thompson - Nothing (Returning 93 Mix)

06. Fischerspooner - Emerge (Junkie XL Remix)

07. Sander Kleinenberg - Buenos Aires

08. Little Wonder - Eclipse (Fictivision vs C-Quence Remix)

09. Paul Van Dyk - Nothing But You (PVD Club Mix)

10. Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Sweeping Strings Mix)

I DEFinitly got to get my hands on that set sounded great :)