Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYE at Therapy & Pulse, RI

hellofromri

how was the hotel? the asian hookers?

i most obviously went to therapy and pulse, as well.

i heard some great music at therapy but i think everyone was either busy sobering up from a long night of drinking before pulse or was just plain too excited about the prospect of pulse to really get into things. so the vibe in there lacked but i had a nice time hanging out with a couple friends at therapy. great line up, though, wish this night could have been held with a full audience. repeat performance?

as for pulse, what a good time. mike did an absolutely stellar performance with this reunion set. i think i got a lot of my own energy from the energy he was blasting out of that booth. i didnt think i was going to make it but i got a second, third and fourth wind and ended up closing out the house.

oh and if i dont mention wil on lights he will probably hurt me. well ya still have the touch, kid. right ON all night. you and mike work well together.

it was also nice to be able to see flava spin somewhere other than at flavazon, and fester somewhere other than the sawdust joint. heard a bit of martin and don's sets too. it was the first time at pulse that i was actually interested in the music in the lounge. i have not been to pulse in years but i could never stand that room.

good to see the franks and hang out with my gals.

becca was sorely missed :(

and irish.... i told you so! ;)

oh, and nice meeting newbie1980 and mrs newbie! :D

Originally posted by assbag

Well if it makes you feel any better, I just got home...ooooooooooof

Thought I told ya to go to bed, Franksta!

Reading this makes me miss my east coast home a helluvalot. :(

Rach, of course you closed the place out. ;)

Originally posted by kaydup

Why your knees hurt?

sorry had to :laugh:

:swallow::laugh:

From dancing so much silly and from partying from 9:30pm until 9:30am yesterday, standing and dancing all night really does a number on them now that I'm getting so old... lol

I had an awesome time yesterday and Wednesday night too, music was tight, loved the lounge and seeing and partying with everyone. Fester your girlfriend is adorable:D

First I would like to thank Ras, Fester, Flava and their crew for such a great time at Pulse...I do want to apologize for coming on a little strong, but it was good to finally meet you all and finally meet some people who really do like going to after hours

Onto the music portion of this post...Mike was just amazing, I tried to leave 3 times and everytime he just sucked me right back in...Willy the lights were amazing and I can't wait to see your stuff on the 24th at Therapy...Also guys thanks for putting up with me in the booth...Frank, Frank Jr, FlavaFrank and Fester were awesome out in the lounge...Well I am at work so I should try and get some work done.

I think that it should be considered cruel and unusual punishment to have to work the day after New Years.:blown: =ME

we had a great time at THerapy and Pulse .... thought there would've been more people at Therapy, but we met some new friends and as always, enjoyed the music and light show. It was our first time at Pulse, looking forward to upcoming Sunday mornings; vibe was a little subdued, and we had to rally just to get our asses there, but its only a couple minutes from our house, so we really had no excuse. Didn't hang out in the lounge too much, but loved the 'funkadelic' spinning.

Nice to meet ya Ras, I'm sure we'll see you in Prov or Boston again soon. (I had on the ski hat and glasses, she was short and cute.)

I had a great time...really made me feel better about having to werk on NYE b/c the true party didn't start till the Pulse rats reunited! Holy "oof", as Don would say! I saw so many ppl I haven't seen since the heyday of the Emerald Room / Pulse days!

Highlights...Let me see...PLace was rockin, I stuck to the floor but I didn't care, lights were awesome (I sat in a couch in the corner of the stage for like an hour, just absorbing all the lights/sounds...amazing!), I had to move stuff out da way to get more room to dance in da lounge (Fester, Flava & da Frankstaz, mount up!), CP Boston representin, Whalen's speech made me cry, and "Blackwater" was sounding in my ears till I woke up Friday!

Good times, people! I luff you guys, and happy new year!