Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EXIT NYE...Need Opinion

Im gonna make this as short as I can and to the point...I checked in mine and my friends coats into Exit at about 3:00AM..When i was ready to leave at 8:00am we realized that the tickets had been LOST..We waited on line patiently..There was about 100 kids rushing the coat check at once..I was in the mix waiting, and sweating from the heat that I almost passed out..No exaggeration. The coat check people were moving slow and actually COMPLAINING that they werent gettin tips. So I guess that made it right to move at the rate they were moving at.

I get up to the counter and they tell me to come back at 5:00pm the next day. I explain to them that i had my uncles funeral in the morning and would not be able t make it the next day. I end up rushing out of my uncles funeral reception early to go and get my jacket. Then they tell me there was is nothing they could do until the party was over. I paid $60 to get in, I paid for my coatcheck, now i loose a piece of paper with a # that tells them where my coat is at and am not allowed to get my jacket due to their policy. I understand they weredoing their job but there were extreme circumstances and I think that they could have definetly handled the situation a lot better. Instead they treated me like I was an idiot, and my stuff was not worth their time. I have been to many clubs in ths city,(SOUNDFACTORY, ROXY, and ARC etc..) and am a frequent club goer. But never have I had a bad expierience with security or customer service like i did at EXIT NYE . If the club isnt paying the coatcheck people enough money or they are not happy there thenget rid of them!!I dont think people should have to pay $60 to get in and get B.S@## from the coatcheck people when you are also even paying for your coatcheck!IF they want tips then maybe they should organize the line better, not have everyone rushing at once, and not complain about their tips out loud.. That was pathetic. ..The service was horrible, JP ripped the place up like Exit was his you know what!!! If it wasnt for JP that party would have flopped just like the friday Exit party flopped with draper..What do you guys think about this situation..I still have to go back and get my jacket again tomorrow..

Thanks

ANGRY PROMOTER

Originally posted by CoPa99

Im gonna make this as short as I can and to the point...I checked in mine and my friends coats into Exit at about 3:00AM..When i was ready to leave at 8:00am we realized that the tickets had been LOST..We waited on line patiently..There was about 100 kids rushing the coat check at once..I was in the mix waiting, and sweating from the heat that I almost passed out..No exaggeration. The coat check people were moving slow and actually COMPLAINING that they werent gettin tips. So I guess that made it right to move at the rate they were moving at.

I get up to the counter and they tell me to come back at 5:00pm the next day. I explain to them that i had my uncles funeral in the morning and would not be able t make it the next day. I end up rushing out of my uncles funeral reception early to go and get my jacket. Then they tell me there was is nothing they could do until the party was over. I paid $60 to get in, I paid for my coatcheck, now i loose a piece of paper with a # that tells them where my coat is at and am not allowed to get my jacket due to their policy. I understand they weredoing their job but there were extreme circumstances and I think that they could have definetly handled the situation a lot better. Instead they treated me like I was an idiot, and my stuff was not worth their time. I have been to many clubs in ths city,(SOUNDFACTORY, ROXY, and ARC etc..) and am a frequent club goer. But never have I had a bad expierience with security or customer service like i did at EXIT NYE . If the club isnt paying the coatcheck people enough money or they are not happy there thenget rid of them!!I dont think people should have to pay $60 to get in and get B.S@## from the coatcheck people when you are also even paying for your coatcheck!IF they want tips then maybe they should organize the line better, not have everyone rushing at once, and not complain about their tips out loud.. That was pathetic. ..The service was horrible, JP ripped the place up like Exit was his you know what!!! If it wasnt for JP that party would have flopped just like the friday Exit party flopped with draper..What do you guys think about this situation..I still have to go back and get my jacket again tomorrow..

Thanks

ANGRY PROMOTER

Yes they were doing there job,but hoewver there attitude is way off base.Did you ask to speak with a manager.Hope everything works alright for you.

messed up, i hope you get your coat back.. one tip that i always do anytime i leave anything in coatcheck, Remember the number!! I do it all the time because after nights of clubbing things fall out of your pants, wallets whatever..

Yeah its too bad about your jacket, but the only person you should be mad at is yourself. think about it. do you think you are the on ly person to go there and tell them you lost your ticket? do you think that if they believed everyone that said that it would be better. point is, you lost the only proof that they had your jacket and now they are not going to give it back unless you have a way of proving it is yours.....

frankly I am glad they didnt believe you, because I dont lose my ticket and hope that my jacket is still there when i go to get it.

If they were to just give you your coat back, with out your ticket it would be pointless for people to pay, they might as well just leave the coatroom emty so anyone can go in and pick what jacket they want to take.

I'd be pissed if I lost my coat check ticket....but I'd be mad at myself not the people working the coat check. I'm gonna try that next time "Hey, I lost my coatcheck ticket..but that really nice Gucci over there is mine, can I have it please!" Riiiight....I know that's not what you were doing but people have tried it and will continue to. It's normal procedure if you lose your ticket to come back at the end of the night...just dont lose the ticket next time. :idea:

yeah that blows but seriously they aren't going to go hunting through hundreds of coats for one that might be yours...and probably if its a nice coat there are unfortunately some disreputable folks who will take it home at the end of the evening.

you gotta remember your number or (if u'r like me and have no memory) have a spot that is secure to put it. I have a little flip wallet that i can't imagine losing with a photo id sleeve...i put it behind my license - can't fall out and i don't keep my money in there when i'm in a club anyway...

I still think the EXIT coatcheck staff should all be fired because they were not professional at all on a major night for the club, they had no control of the lines, and they had major ATTITUDE problems..If they would have dealt with me and all the other people that misplaced or lost their tickets in a more professional manner than it wouldnt have been such a big of a deal. Now I realise the great job that all the other coat checks in the city are doing and how hard their job really is. Those people behind the counter just couldnt handle it. By the way I GOT ALL THE JACKETS BACK...Thanks for posting your opinions it helped me out!

Originally posted by CoPa99

I still think the EXIT coatcheck staff should all be fired because they were not professional at all on a major night for the club, they had no control of the lines, and they had major ATTITUDE problems..If they would have dealt with me and all the other people that misplaced or lost their tickets in a more professional manner than it wouldnt have been such a big of a deal. Now I realise the great job that all the other coat checks in the city are doing and how hard their job really is. Those people behind the counter just couldnt handle it. By the way I GOT ALL THE JACKETS BACK...Thanks for posting your opinions it helped me out!

I was at Exit too for NYE and boy was that place packed!! I mean Exit's a huge club but to see it that packed was something else!:party: Anyways back to the topic at hand I think that if you lost your ticket you should be beating yourself up for it. Take responsibility for your blunder!! Most people know that if they lose a coat check ticket they are pretty much screwed until the night's over. Now it's everyone's responsibility to be careful with their ticket and not careless. If you lose your ticket it's pretty much your own fault and your at the mercy of the club's personnel. That night was a crazy night I assume the people whom were working the coat check had a lot of people to take care of. They may have been overwhelmed but if they had treated you rudely then I can't blame you for being a little upset at them. Having that being said you can't expect them either to give you your coat back when you don't have your coat check ticket at the snap of your fingers!! The coat check ticket is proof you paid to leave your coat there. Next time be more careful so you can avoid situations like this. I'm glad it was a happy ending for you and that you got your coats back!! :cool:

Thats Bullshit, there is no reason for the coatcheck attendants to act like Assholes. They are in the service industry. Their ONLY job is to check coats. It is thier obligation & responsibility to take care of the incoming/outgoing jackets & if someone has a problem or loses a ticket they(coatcheck attendants) should be helpful. Yes it is a shame you lost your jacket & I hope you found it, but you other people saying it is ok for the coat chk. people to act like that is ok is the real root of the problem in the clubs these days. You cannot allow people to treat you like shit and that happens all too often in that dump EXIT.

yeah they shouldn't act like dicks regardless of how hectic it is.

but its policy pretty much everywhere that if you lose your ticket you have to come back at the end of the night...just the way it is and honestly i'm happy that's the policy cause its much hard for someone who "lost their ticket" to scam mine off the rack.

no excuse for people being dicks though. thing is there's no way if you lost the ticket you're gonna be happy so you have to read this whole thing with a grain of salt.

Thanks..but like I said before I understood the policy and was not complaining about that(although it could be better)..The manner in which they were taking care of everyone including myself was unexcusable..You dont complain about not getting tipped when your acting like a jerkoff #1 and #2 why is there 100 people rushing your coatcheck at once in the firstplace? control??? Just some of the problems Exit should fix before having great dj's like Jonathan Peters grace their dancefloor!