Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NATION reviews (Rob James & Johnny V)

I posted this in another related thread, so for those who already read this, my apologies for the second read:

Got to Nation early (around 11:45), and Rob was already dropping some nasty shit. I wound up leaving around 4 a.m. because the bitch-asses who accompanied me couldn't handle their fuckin liquor. They came up to me at 2:30 a.m. on some "take us home" bullshit. I gave them the key to my car and had them sit in that shit for another hour and a half. The music was unstoppable, as it always is. As usual, Rob set up a dangerous fuckin vibe, and Johnny V brought that shit home with some nasty tracks, including a nice remix of DeLacy's "Hideaway" early on in his set. Johnny was definitely on point, and proved that he can still create a nasty-ass vibe when allowed the freedom to do so. I haven't heard Johnny spin that nicely in a while.

Last night was perfect. Love and respect to all of the Nation staff for outdoing yourselves and bringing us yet another real, intimate, underground house party.

Also, Michelle (the bartender), you do a terrific job every Friday night - thank you for helping to make every Friday night a treat.

- Rudy

Well last night was another great night at NATION, Rob James did what he does everyweek and that is just rippin it. Johnny Vicious thank you for coming out and playing, it was great to hear you spin, haven't heard you in a while and it was great to hear you play the way you like too play your music.

I was there till closing, lights came on crowd started chanting one more song, one more song, one more song, so J.V played Veronicas "Someone to Hold" it was hot hearing a classic and the crowd simply went bezerk.

Now I know many people have heard about this party and read about it on the messageboards, and say I was going to come out, look this is a party honestly you do not want to miss out on.

Next week Jan 9th- Rob James and Friends are spinning. If you want to experience and extraordinary night of beats with great talent then come down.

Jan 16th- Kid Chris (KC)- Played Ministry of Sound- Does the man need anymore credibility- enough said

AGAIN THANX JOHNNY FOR COMING DOWN AND RIPPIN IT UP, AND THE TRU HOUSE HEADS THAT COME THRU EVERYWEEK AT NATION. SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK.

MO

For those of you that were there I hope you enjoyed some of those "Exclusives" that were dropped twards the end of the night! I don't know of any other clubs in the area playing shit like that!

Originally posted by phunkee1

Jan 16th- Kid Chris (KC)- Played Ministry of Sound- Does the man need anymore credibility- enough said

This is KC Anderson not "That Kid Chris" spinning on the 16th!

Beside being a long time friend of mine KC has done a ton in the Dance Music industry. Club DJ, Mix Show DJ, Producer, Label Executive, Radio Host etc etc!

KC has spun along side the likes of Tony Humphries, Robbie Rivera, Tom "Superchumbo" Stephan, Erick Morillo just to name a few... He has spun @ Discotheque, Shelter, Centro Fly, Ministry Of Sound, The End, an original resident @ The legendary "Caffeine" party, as well as being a resident @ Hom and Tavern in the Hamptons!

The 16th will be a killer night!

GREAT 12 PEOPLE 10 DUDES AND TWO CHICKS. IF YOU WANTED TO PROMOTE THIS PLACE I WOULD HAVE LEFT THOSE SORRY ASS PICS OFF. ALSO IAM SURE JOHNNY WAS NOT HAPPY SHOWING THOSE PICS OF A DEAD FLOOR.

I ALMOST MADE THE JOURNEY. NOW I CAN SEE IT IS A BUNCH OF PROMOTER HYPE

Originally posted by zoobar69

GREAT 12 PEOPLE 10 DUDES AND TWO CHICKS. IF YOU WANTED TO PROMOTE THIS PLACE I WOULD HAVE LEFT THOSE SORRY ASS PICS OFF. ALSO IAM SURE JOHNNY WAS NOT HAPPY SHOWING THOSE PICS OF A DEAD FLOOR.

Oh well your loss!

First of all how many clubs have you been to with a filled dance floor @ Closing? Sure it happens on occasion.

Second, every other club on Long Island closes @ 4, we on the other hand have been open till 6am or later every friday since we opened!

Third, at that point Johnny had been done spinning for an hour or so. We put the lights on and as Johnny was packing up his stuff some people in the crowd asked him to spin one more song!

Originally posted by zoobar69

:confused:

but its not promotor hype, u haven't even gone there ???? what do u know??????

6 am on long island is not the same as 6 am in the city, plus this party just started what like a month ago, its not a fuckin super glizty glam ( mirage like ) club, its a house party, its fun, if u like good muisc and to dance then give it a shot, otherwise stick to float and vue;)

All I have to say is I have been there every week and as a paying customer let me tell you it is far from "hype".

I give the people behind this party alot of credit they have the balls to put an awsome soundsystem into this place and bring in some sick djs to tear it up every week. Every dj that has spun there so far has been nothing short of amazing. From the dj's I have heared of before and even the djs ive never heared of (like the guys that spun the party in the blizzard)

I think it's a cool pic. I was there when that pic was taken @ the end of the night. They had the lights on and music off for about 10 minutes before JV played someone to hold.

Pretty Cool Encore!

as for nation keep it happening!

NAH JV WASNT THE ONE WHO PLAY IT BUT I CAN TELL YA ITS NOT GONNA BE REALESED FOR A VERY LONG TIME DUE TO LEGAL ISSIUES MOST DONT KNOW ABOUT.

AND ANYONE WHO THINK NATION IS HYPE WELL COMEDOWN TO SEE FOR YOURSELF.WHERE ELSE CAN U GO TO SEE SICK TOP CLASS DJS FOR ONLY 5$ IF U HAVE A VIP PASS..NO WHERE

I TELL YA THE CITY COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM US CAUSE THIS PLACE IS ABOUT THE VIBE AND MUSIC AND THAS WHAT REALLY MATTERS.BECAUSE OF NATION THE WHOLE HOUSE SCENE STRUCTURE IS CHANGING OUT HERE..

U KNOW WHAT ABOUT FAWKINNN TIME.....

See...people dont seem to understand that NO ONE HYPES THIS PARTY UP! This is how it is.

Sure they can just post pics of the place packed out..but they dont. No lies, Great Music, Great people, Cheap, seriously..i dont understand the problem.

If you dont wanna come down no big deal.

If you dont understand what this party is about and what it means to LI...thats your loss...not ours.

This is for the MUSIC. The thing that brings all of us Club Heads and Music Junkies together!

Tek

PS - I have nothing to do with this place..i just enjoy the party.

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

See...people dont seem to understand that NO ONE HYPES THIS PARTY UP! This is how it is.

Sure they can just post pics of the place packed out..but they dont. No lies, Great Music, Great people, Cheap, seriously..i dont understand the problem.

If you dont wanna come down no big deal.

If you dont understand what this party is about and what it means to LI...thats your loss...not ours.

This is for the MUSIC. The thing that brings all of us Club Heads and Music Junkies together!

Tek

PS - I have nothing to do with this place..i just enjoy the party.

Well said this is what LI needs!! I hate going out around here cause of all the bullshit! People going out for all the wrong reasons! Not for the music and dance! This place brings all that without going to the city! It is a great party/good vibe/great music and its so close! All the haters need to give it a brake!!!