Clubplanet Nightlife Community

arena in new rochelle ny

Palladium was off the hook when it first opened 5 years ago....but times have changed so it is closed....permanaently...HOWEVER....a new spot is opening in Westchester within the next 2 months......the club is gonna be at the location that Jubilations/Guilty was but new owner, new attitude, and a KTU appeal to the older more elite crowd.

This is not a rumor, it is true and should be nice, I know people like to bash Westchester spots but this ones gonna set a nice standard for nightlife!

Originally posted by djpauliefeva

Palladium was off the hook when it first opened 5 years ago....but times have changed so it is closed....permanaently...HOWEVER....a new spot is opening in Westchester within the next 2 months......the club is gonna be at the location that Jubilations/Guilty was but new owner, new attitude, and a KTU appeal to the older more elite crowd.

This is not a rumor, it is true and should be nice, I know people like to bash Westchester spots but this ones gonna set a nice standard for nightlife!

it better be 18+ or else its not gonna last.....arena was 18+ and thats y it did so good......they tried to do a 21+ once and no one went in that place...anyone remember that night??? it was the night they opened back up from being shut down cuz of drugs and shit.....following saturday was 18+ again and the place was packed

Originally posted by trizel

i use to work there too i loved that place but after awhile too many young kids started hangin out there

i definitely agree with you on that one, Trizel. I went there for the first time last summer and it seemed like my friends and i were the only ones who were at the legal age of drinking. everyone else seemed like they should've been home sleeping....it was passed their curfew.

attn: siceone

I know that an older crowd is not teens....guess you never stopped to hear about the children that hung out at arena!!!!

This club is not aiming at teens...thank you....it is aiming at a classy crowd who is over 21.......and all of you will be suprised when you see who some of the head promoters just might be.......they are "well-liked" on this board and others.

Originally posted by ummedunno

i definitely agree with you on that one, Trizel. I went there for the first time last summer and it seemed like my friends and i were the only ones who were at the legal age of drinking. everyone else seemed like they should've been home sleeping....it was passed their curfew.

yea last time i went was over the summer i took some of my LI friends who hasn't ever been there...i mean i had a blast still but it felt like we were older then the rest of the ppl

westchester def needs a good 18+ party...now that arena and pearl are both shut down, there are no good spots to go to...arena will never reopen under another name because it was illegal to have since it was within the radius of a nearby church...someone needs to do something with club westchester, thats prob the only spot in new ro that has potential now that arenas done...as for opening a 21+ spot where guilty was...if your 21, u go to white plains...i dont see that doing well, no offense

what Westchester needs is a totally new DJ who spins REAL HOUSE MUSIC! F*ck KTU... that's garbage (IMO) (although i have caught them late nights rocking some descent tunes... long time ago)

NO club in Westchester rocks either DARK SEXY FEIRCE HOUSE or Beautiful, Fluffy soulful stuff... They dont know what the hell it is! Westchester has no vibe. White plains is full of people standing on a line from here to the corner to try to get in to a BAR!!!!!!!! that plays top 40 hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wont let girls in with hats ie. kangols... They dont allow guys with sleeveless shirts (even in good taste)! You would thing you are going to the Copa... meanwhile it's a bar full of people standing around getting drunk to some tired ass song.... it's pathetic. I went to Trotters not too long ago and the music was a joke! The DJ was a joke as well.

Maybe I've become used to the city, I hope Westchester wakes up n gets w/ the program... they need serious improvement!

Palladium had it going on back when they opened... they were rocking. The place was nice and they had AWESOME dancers and really cool acts... they were on point for a westchester night club... too bad for them now... They should change it to an upscale salsa club... It would rake in some serious $$$$$$$$$.... In westchester there are whole in the wall spanish clubs. Some are really good... but there isnt a nice spacious location with a booming system.

21 plus in westchester has always been tough...there just aren't enough heads that age living there who aren't serious career / married / not going out anymore. There used to be more stuff going on up route 1 just into CT and at place like Art Bar in Stamford and then the bars / lounges in Portchester would pick up around 1am when everything in CT shut down.

Also most people 21+ who are serious into the music scene are going to want to head to the city - just the way of it. I lived up there for a while and you wanted to get out and mix with city kids and stuff on the weekends...

Sorry to say but unless you go 18+ its gonna be a tough ride IMO

Originally posted by soulsauce

what Westchester needs is a totally new DJ who spins REAL HOUSE MUSIC! F*ck KTU... that's garbage (IMO) (although i have caught them late nights rocking some descent tunes... long time ago)

NO club in Westchester rocks either DARK SEXY FEIRCE HOUSE or Beautiful, Fluffy soulful stuff... They dont know what the hell it is! Westchester has no vibe. White plains is full of people standing on a line from here to the corner to try to get in to a BAR!!!!!!!! that plays top 40 hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wont let girls in with hats ie. kangols... They dont allow guys with sleeveless shirts (even in good taste)! You would thing you are going to the Copa... meanwhile it's a bar full of people standing around getting drunk to some tired ass song.... it's pathetic. I went to Trotters not too long ago and the music was a joke! The DJ was a joke as well.

Maybe I've become used to the city, I hope Westchester wakes up n gets w/ the program... they need serious improvement!

Palladium had it going on back when they opened... they were rocking. The place was nice and they had AWESOME dancers and really cool acts... they were on point for a westchester night club... too bad for them now... They should change it to an upscale salsa club... It would rake in some serious $$$$$$$$$.... In westchester there are whole in the wall spanish clubs. Some are really good... but there isnt a nice spacious location with a booming system.

the thing about westchester is that is doesnt cater to the same crowd that the city does. I would like a spot to open up with music that u are talking about, but it really wouldnt do well...theres not enough people that would go to a spot like that...when i go out around here i dont expect to hear sick house music, i go in knowing its gonna be all mainstream shit cause when u stay local u dont expect much...not to mention arena was the only spot that had the size to be a good club which is why it did so well...all the other spots in westchester are small places u go to hang out with your friends at...white plains is an older crowd which is why hats and cut offs arent allowed cause that turns some people away, and with the crowd that goes to trotters, u cant expect anything more than mainstream house and hip-hop music...someone really needs to do something with pearl now that it is vacant and club westchester...in my opinion those are the only two spots around here with potential now that arena is done...just my 2 cents

soulsauce and tathe.....I appreciate all the imput...believe and yes...ur right, the no hats and sleeveless shirts deal suck! I was a guest DJ at the Thirsty Turtle with the radio station I work for and I was wearing a dope outfit with a sleeveless shirt and the bouncer told me I couldn't be in there....I was like then there will be no music....he says to me, next time dress properly and I told him, BRO THIS IS A BAR - NOT A CLUB!!!!!!

But heres the deal with the club in Y.O.......I do understand that an 18 and up party would be more successful and if it were to be an 18 and up party, would people rather have it on a FRI or a SAT....IMO, I say FRI.

FRI -- 18+

SAT -- 21+

I need everyones honest opinion on that one!

Thanks

Paulie Feva

i dunno...thats a tough call...cause there are more 18+ parties on fri right now then there are sat, but for westchester, sat seems to be more of a bar nite so i dunno...id say run the 18+ on sat since right now sat nites are lacking 18+ parties...and i think the big reason that sat became a bar nite around here is cause of the lack of clubs to go to...

Originally posted by tbathe

westchester def needs a good 18+ party...now that arena and pearl are both shut down, there are no good spots to go to...arena will never reopen under another name because it was illegal to have since it was within the radius of a nearby church...someone needs to do something with club westchester, thats prob the only spot in new ro that has potential now that arenas done...as for opening a 21+ spot where guilty was...if your 21, u go to white plains...i dont see that doing well, no offense

During NYE at Exit someone told me that Palladium/Arena whichever one it's called was pretty good. I was about to check it out I'm glad I know that it's closed now. Why did Arena close? I also had heard mixed reviews about Pearl. Some people said it was good others said it was terrible. Why did that place close down? :confused:

Originally posted by klubbheadsor

During NYE at Exit someone told me that Palladium/Arena whichever one it's called was pretty good. I was about to check it out I'm glad I know that it's closed now. Why did Arena close? I also had heard mixed reviews about Pearl. Some people said it was good others said it was terrible. Why did that place close down? :confused:

Arena closed because of underage drinking and violation of its liquor license since it was within range of a nearby church which is why it will never open again...pearl was good, but also had its down times...its closed now because they were sick of the promotion company and im not sure if it has an owner right now...the place has potential and did better when it was 21+