Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brazil to fingerprint US citizens

Yeah, this doesn't go far enough. To be on the safe side I think everyone, I mean everyone, including US citizens, should be fingerprinted. Hell, it does close a lot of safetly holes left open by just fingerprinting a select group of people.

It seems you people have forgotten the number of terrorists who are/were citizens of the US and European countries.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by siceone

It's been reported on the news this morning which I have been listening to since 6:00

yeah, right! Back up your assertation with facts, otherwise don't say it. Because that statement is complete BS! Immigration/fingerpringting is for security....customs, while it does also deal with security issues, is also involved with a whole slew of other issues, including importation of controlled products, per person dutiable goods, and smuggling.

Most states already do when you get your drivers licences Ny is converting to this system already. and I think jersey fucked up in it's implementation

Fingerprinting? All the states in the DC area don't do that. Any links on this?

First of all to when people from Brazil or any country that requires a visa gets fingerprinted it's not the old-fashioned way of rolling your fingers in black ink and risk smudging yourself. The airports are using an inkless system that pretty much requires just scanning your finger. I really doubt that Brazil has that kind of technical capability right now but I could be wrong for I have yet to travel there.

Getting fingerprinted would not deter me from traveling somewhere, so I don't see the big deal. Passports and visas can be faked but a fingerprint is unique.

FROM FACE SCAN CAMERAS TO THUMSCANNERS:

BIOMETRIC TECHNOLOGY IS THE POLICE STATE SYSTEM FOR TOTAL CONTROL

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: AUGUST 16, 2001

http://www.infowars.com/biometrics_pr.html

Austin, TX – From fans at the Superbowl having their faces scanned to kids thumscanning to purchase lunches in the school cafeteria, Americans are being conditioned to give up their privacy and independence in exchange for the "safety" of biometrics technologies. Police departments across the country are debating the implimentation of invasive and unconstitutional Big Brother biometrics "for our safety and convenience," or, in the case of Ybor, Florida they have already instated and misused faces scanning cameras to victimize an innocent man.

Across the US and the world, from Odessa, Texas to Beijing, China populations are being forced to accept the incredibly invasive technology of biometrics. Right out of the gates biometrics is being used only in Big Brother type surveillence monitoring and tracking efforts. Just imagine elementary school children in Pennsylvania who attend the Lakeside school district classes being forced to digitally fingerprint to obtain their lunches. We’re talking about everybody – all the children – no cash allowed!

Two things are happening here: The children are being trained to accept a cashless society where all of their transactions are recorded and, more importantly, they are being put into Federal and State databases. In the past, only criminals were fingerprinted.

You see, we’re all being treated as if we’re guilty until proven innocent. In fact, Detective Todd who runs the biometric cameras in Tampa, Florida stated to the press, "I don’t see the big problem with it if you don’t have anything to hide." Yes, this was the mantra of Nazi Germany: "You are free to go – once we see your papers." Imagine what Hitler would have done with this Orwellian tool which is already being used in England to deny people to stores and sports arenas.

(full article)

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

FROM FACE SCAN CAMERAS TO THUMSCANNERS:

BIOMETRIC TECHNOLOGY IS THE POLICE STATE SYSTEM FOR TOTAL CONTROL

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: AUGUST 16, 2001

Austin, TX – From fans at the Superbowl having their faces scanned to kids thumscanning to purchase lunches in the school cafeteria, Americans are being conditioned to give up their privacy and independence in exchange for the "safety" of biometrics technologies. Police departments across the country are debating the implimentation of invasive and unconstitutional Big Brother biometrics "for our safety and convenience," or, in the case of Ybor, Florida they have already instated and misused faces scanning cameras to victimize an innocent man.

Across the US and the world, from Odessa, Texas to Beijing, China populations are being forced to accept the incredibly invasive technology of biometrics. Right out of the gates biometrics is being used only in Big Brother type surveillence monitoring and tracking efforts. Just imagine elementary school children in Pennsylvania who attend the Lakeside school district classes being forced to digitally fingerprint to obtain their lunches. We’re talking about everybody – all the children – no cash allowed!

Two things are happening here: The children are being trained to accept a cashless society where all of their transactions are recorded and, more importantly, they are being put into Federal and State databases. In the past, only criminals were fingerprinted.

You see, we’re all being treated as if we’re guilty until proven innocent. In fact, Detective Todd who runs the biometric cameras in Tampa, Florida stated to the press, "I don’t see the big problem with it if you don’t have anything to hide." Yes, this was the mantra of Nazi Germany: "You are free to go – once we see your papers." Imagine what Hitler would have done with this Orwellian tool which is already being used in England to deny people to stores and sports arenas.

(full article)

Get used to it...biometrics is coming fast

i dont think the other countries should be exluded from fingerprinting... i have a friend who's an INS agent working at JFK airoport and he has arrested several UK citizens, from high class hookers to terrorist, as well as other trash from nations not required to have a visa.

Maybe not the most popular answer on here, but I don't think its right this whole fingerprinting and picture issue. I could see how it helps people feel a bit more secure and in that sense its a great move, but it also makes tourists and other visitors to the united states feel unwelcomed. The move does nothing to help international relations with the rest of the world and thats why I think brazil has decided to fingerprint the us citizens.

Originally posted by pattbateman

everyone from every country should be fingerprinted

it would deter any terrorists from entering that way

I don't care if any other country, not just Brazil, fingerprints US citizens. Thats their right, just like it is ours. And anyone who is against this is just another anti-American who is looking for something to bitch about. Its already helped capture 50+ people who shouldnt be in our country...people who have already been deported from the US, people who have warrants in other countries or international warrants, and people who have close ties to terrorists. People who have nothing to hide should have no reason to worry. Its an extra 10-15 minutes out of their stay in the airport that wont kill them. If it makes them and us US citizens safer, why not? I think every country should start a program like this.

Originally posted by livin42nite

Maybe not the most popular answer on here, but I don't think its right this whole fingerprinting and picture issue. I could see how it helps people feel a bit more secure and in that sense its a great move, but it also makes tourists and other visitors to the united states feel unwelcomed. The move does nothing to help international relations with the rest of the world and thats why I think brazil has decided to fingerprint the us citizens.

I kinda see what you're saying...but people arent gonna come to this country because they have to have their picture taken and leave their fingerprints. Unless they're coming here for some reason they shouldnt be...which is exactly why it was implemented.

Brazil holds 'obscene' US pilot

An American Airlines pilot has been detained in Brazil after making an obscene gesture when photographed on arrival, Brazilian police have said.

_39739461_brazil203bodyap.jpg

The pilot was being photographed at Sao Paulo airport in line with new entry requirements for US citizens.

The crew of the flight arriving from Miami were also detained, police said.

Brazil has been photographing and finger-printing US visitors in response to similar US requirements for visitors needing a visa.

American Airlines spokeswoman Martha Pantin denied that the pilot had been detained but said he and the plane's crew were still at the airport on Wednesday afternoon.

"There was a misunderstanding upon entry into Brazil," Ms Pantin said. "Questions have been raised and we are investigating the matter".

Full Article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3397183.stm

the Brazilian system of fingerprinting isn't the same anyway It takes up to 9 hours some time for americans to clear customs in brazil where it takes seconds in the US.

also we didn't just arbitrarily pick countries to exempt there are Concrete objective requirements for exemption none of which brazil meets.

fngerpt.jpg

Chances are the police dept already have your fingerprints on file Everyone in this country also has an ID number. This really doesn't do anything or take away any freedoms. show me what freedom this takes away

Chances are the police dept already have your fingerprints on file Everyone in this country also has an ID number. This really doesn't do anything or take away any freedoms. show me what freedom this takes away

I'm sorry. I just don't buy into the system of total control over my life and where I've been and what I do daily. I'm not a terrorist so I shouldn't be treated like one. That's not freedom, buddy.

Oh and do you honestly believe that "the police dept already has your fingerprints on file, and that Everyone in this country also has an ID number."? Not true.

I'm sorry. I just don't buy into the system of total control over my life and where I've been and what I do daily. I'm not a terrorist so I shouldn't be treated like one. That's not freedom, buddy.

Oh and do you honestly believe that "the police dept already has your fingerprints on file, and that Everyone in this country also has an ID number."? Not true.

What Control ?

Everyone does have an ID number its called a social security number where have you been ?