Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL Official INFO

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey does anyone know if they announce the actual times the dj's are playing before hand so you can have an idea of where you want to be and when. I want to see people at all the stages and would like to be able to see who I'm going to have to choose over others beforehand instead of right when I get there or even worse to play it by ear. HELP?!?!?

Originally posted by markm81

Hey does anyone know if they announce the actual times the dj's are playing before hand so you can have an idea of where you want to be and when.

No. They'll give you a schedule when you go in. But in general, you can assume the later it is, the "bigger" the DJ's, in all of the tents or stages. But if you have specific people you want to see then you probably want to be there by 2 or 3. You'll just have to read the times and formulate a plan accordingly.

I gotta say this is the most overated event down there. I went last year and its def not worth the $$$$ or time. Very over priced. Last year we showed up and they wouldn't let me bring my camera in. So I had to throw my camera away because I wasn't about to drop another 50-60$ for a cab ride back tot he hotel and then back to ultra. Then once I got inside I saw they were sellin cameras, at this point I was so fucking pissed(this event is all about $$$ and obviously nothing else) A few djs did not show up, and I guees when you got over100 djs booked you can't avoid shit like this, and thats understandable. But then the main area got shut down by the cops right before pvd was supposed to go on, after that I had enough and just went home. Another thing, all the djs tend to play the same set all week along. I can say for a fact, that Tiesto and Oakenfold both played the same exact set with each song in the same order both at space and at ultra with the exception of like 2-3 songs, this was another dissapointment. Dont waste your time with this ultra bs.

Alexx, pretty much everything you said about last years event is true. I had to sneak in my camera along with other things. But if there is a will, there is a way my friend. And if I hadn't seen PVD the night before at Space, I would've been pissed off also. But considering all the negatives, it was definately an experience that I will cherish. Especially from NY, it is not often to be at such an incredible outdoor venue, think of all the Boo parties. There is a huge difference. The vibe at Ultra was the best that I had experienced in all long time. And if you plan accordingly, you are able to see most of your favorite DJ's there. For me Ultra during the day is relaxing, dancing among people who are there for the same reasons, and absorbing the incredible experience. And then at night, the real party begins in SOBE! Whoa hoo!

I agree with eastcoastbabe, and I'll go further. Ultra was awesome. I worship Underworld and any chance to see them is worth just about any amount of hardship. The vibe at Ultra was really great and everyone I saw was superb. I didn't see Oakey and Tiesto at Space so I can't comment on the duplication of sets, but this year I doubt such a thing could happen. The sets at Ultra are only about 2 hours, but the sets at Space are 4 or 5 hours, so there's no way you'll hear the exact same set. And as for money, I can't possibly imagine a better use of $55 than to see a lineup like they get at Ultra. That's nothing, good lord folks a ticket to see any band in concert nowadays is $40 or $50. At Ultra at least you get 10+ hours of ass kicking techno and trance in a great outdoor atmosphere. Just my 2 cents.

Ultra is not 50$, last year I paid around 90$ at the entrance. Thats why I was saying its not really worth it. For 50$ you can't go wrong. I guess its best to put it this way, if your down there for the entire week, your way better off going to the clubs to hear the djs. But if your just down there for a day or 2, Ultra lets you catch a lil bit from alot of dif guys, which is pretty cool. But this thing last year was more hyped than any other party at WMC. So I figured all the djs would play redic for this event, and they just played the same shit they did the nights before. I should of def went to DD that night at space. Another thing which I said, some dj's didn't show up, and it just happened to be some of the guys whos parties I didn't go to, because I said fuck it, ill hear them at Ultra. Plus the camera thing really pissed me off the most, that was just absolutely rediculous.

Ultra tickets are indeed $55 right now at Groovetickets.com, anyone can go and buy one right now.

Yes the camera thing was annoying as hell. But other than that I had a great time. Only a couple of DJ's didn't show up and first, that's not Ultra's fault it's the dumbass DJ's fault. And second, the people I really want to see (and that I think most people really want to see) like PVD, The Chemical Brothers, Oakenfold, Tiesto, Sasha, Digweed, Rabbit in the Moon, Ferry Corsten etc. are absolutely going to be there. Just for them alone I'd pay way more than $55 to see. Everything else is just gravy to me. So yes, I suppose if you think that list of big names isn't worth $55 then Ultra may not be your cup of tea. I think most people would say $55 to see that list of performers is a downright bargain.

yeah, you can't go wrong if you bought it early...

i got mine for free...

(my credit card company had some weird offer, a 50.00 credit if I use my card... so i used it for the ultra tix...)

The real trick will be sneaking my camera into the various festivities...

gotta come up with a technique...

in the sock?

hmmm...

Originally posted by random7d

I definitely want to go, are regular tickets still for sale? And do i have to do it over the internet or can i buy them somwhere in NY? (probably a stupid question, but its worth a shot)

General admission tickets are still up for sale and can be purchased from groovetickets at http://www.groovetickets.com/OrderSystem/groove/eventviewqb.asp?Affilid=93&EventsID=8038&PGName=Ultra

I have been told the camera decision is being made now. Obviously we can not prevent Phone/Cameras in the park. Due to a few carefree photographers in the past not respecting the artists rights we have kept it down to just still photography being allowed with disposables. I will have a more sold answer for you shortly.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

I have been told the camera decision is being made now. Obviously we can not prevent Phone/Cameras in the park. Due to a few carefree photographers in the past not respecting the artists rights we have kept it down to just still photography being allowed with disposables. I will have a more sold answer for you shortly.

I didnt get it last year. They wouldn't let me bring my disposable camera in, so I figure its for security/copywright reasons or w/e. But then I see them selling cameras inside. This camera thing just sounds like one big fucking scam.

Originally posted by brian428

Ultra tickets are indeed $55 right now at Groovetickets.com, anyone can go and buy one right now.

Yes the camera thing was annoying as hell. But other than that I had a great time. Only a couple of DJ's didn't show up and first, that's not Ultra's fault it's the dumbass DJ's fault. And second, the people I really want to see (and that I think most people really want to see) like PVD, The Chemical Brothers, Oakenfold, Tiesto, Sasha, Digweed, Rabbit in the Moon, Ferry Corsten etc. are absolutely going to be there. Just for them alone I'd pay way more than $55 to see. Everything else is just gravy to me. So yes, I suppose if you think that list of big names isn't worth $55 then Ultra may not be your cup of tea. I think most people would say $55 to see that list of performers is a downright bargain.

:werd: man, my thoughts exactly... :)