Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's Been To Ibiza Already? Need Advice

i'll be goin this august/september, and we'll be booking the trip within the next month. but i need some advice on the best way to go about this trip. i got some questions:

how long did u go for?

where's a good place to stay?

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal?

wut kind of package did u get(all-inclusive, etc.)?

how much did u pay for airfare/hotel?

how much did u spend during the trip?

answers to any of these questions will help me out. im just trying to get a general idea of how other ppl went about this trip. my main concern is whether we should use a travel agent or try some online deal.

thanks

how long did u go for? for a week

where's a good place to stay? dont stay at an expensive hotel, not worth it...you won't be spending any time there anyway ;)

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal? we booked everything through a travel agent in barcelona..see, if you book hotels from here, you'll get some expensive hotel in a shitty area..don't do that...book something online..if you want..i'll find out what my hotel was called and you can book that. It was in a great area and not a bad hotel (except the tv was reallyyyyyyyy tiny haha but we never used it anyway lol)

wut kind of package did u get(all-inclusive, etc.)? i don't think they have all-inclusive packages in ibiza..

how much did u pay for airfare/hotel? airfair was..um..$900 to Barcelona..(there and back to NY) and $300 for Ibiza (there and back to Barcelona..hotel was cheap..I don't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't expensive..!

how much did u spend during the trip? The whole trip cost me almost $4000 ...BUT... we stayed a week in Spain (barcelona, madrid, cardoba and saville)..so it'll be cheaper if you're only going to Ibiza..the clubs are not that expensive there...if you compare them to the NYC clubs, you'll be fine haha (they cost as much as SF used to on a theme night, some are a little cheaper actually..there are promoters on the street promoting clubs usually and if you're good with them, they might drop prices..so be nice)

Enjoy

if you want to know anything else..feel free to PM me

good nights are at least 60 euros which makes it almost $ 80.............u ll be spending a lot of money there so be prepared........but needless to say that every dollar is worth it............and they have all-inclusive packages but i wouldnt go for them.u usually end up paying more than without them

I think he's trying to tell you its not the best time to go. Its overcrowded and everything costs a bit more. I was there for 2 weeks last aug. and it was definately packed. As far as the best place to stay I could'nt tell ya except stay away from the high price hotels your never in the room anyway. Make sure you have a/c thankfully I did but we knew of some people who were dying without it.

Originally posted by puzzledprod

I think he's trying to tell you its not the best time to go. Its overcrowded and everything costs a bit more. I was there for 2 weeks last aug. and it was definately packed. As far as the best place to stay I could'nt tell ya except stay away from the high price hotels your never in the room anyway. Make sure you have a/c thankfully I did but we knew of some people who were dying without it.

Are you crazy?? Thats the best time to go there..!!! Closing and opening parties are great!! The best DJs are out there!!!

oh and btw..i recommend to rent a car there..cuz it's a headache standing in line and waiting for those buses to take you to clubs!!

i was there in the middle of august 2 years ago and had the best fucking time...

as far as all inclusives there arent any....i went for 10 days and you need at least $200 per day and thats if you want to eat 2 meals a day....

i stayed in the los molinos...it was nice and clean and you could escape from the madness for a little while if you want some sleep...

i booked through a travel agent so i wouldnt have to worry about confirming anything....

i woould def go in august because thats when the island is really pumping...

as far as renting a car i would def scratch that idea...people are soooooooooooooo fucked up on that island espicially in the morning hours....when i was there there was a huge accident wheere people were killed and the gov't banned the taxis from driving anyone to space for a day or so....

just find the taxi stands and you wont have a problem...its not like nyc where you just hail a taxi down....they have lines where everyone waits...

hope this helps

It takes forever to get a cab and I think it's so much cheaper to just rent a car..we rented a car for 5 days for like $300 i think. But honestly, I wasn't the one driving..we had a designated driver, maybe that's why it wasn't AS bad, you know?

Originally posted by sexxyme

It takes forever to get a cab and I think it's so much cheaper to just rent a car..we rented a car for 5 days for like $300 i think. But honestly, I wasn't the one driving..we had a designated driver, maybe that's why it wasn't AS bad, you know?

This is SO no true.

Just like in big metropolitan cities, THERE ARE designated Taxi Stands, and Ibiza IS not an exception.

There mad TAXI STANDS in San Antonio by the bay, PlayaEnBossa just blocks from space, Molinos, even at las SALINAS.

There is an extremely large number of TAXIS WAITING OUTSIDE THE CLUB.

My suggestion IS TAXI or Disco Bus. OR REGULAR BUSES. Check the bus schedule IS SO FUCKING EASY and cheaper ALSO a/c.

how long did u go for? We went for 13 days last year...end of Aug begining of sep...

where's a good place to stay?Playa d' en bossa

We stayed at the torre del mar...really nice clean rooms on the beach and you could walk to space and bora bora

friends stayed at the Sirenis Hotel club Goleta closer to space

sirenishotels.com

wut kind of package did u get(all-inclusive, etc.)?no all ins...most hotels that are 4 stars will give you breakfast(not that we every ate it)

air was 692.00 from Jfk hotel was 1800 car was 325.00

We really did use the car a lot to get to the other side of the island...by the time we left the clubs we were pretty sober

how much did u spend during the trip?3000ish (goes really fast)

but well worth it

:)

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i'll be goin this august/september, and we'll be booking the trip within the next month. but i need some advice on the best way to go about this trip. i got some questions:

how long did u go for?

where's a good place to stay?

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal?

wut kind of package did u get(all-inclusive, etc.)?

how much did u spend during the trip?

answers to any of these questions will help me out. im just trying to get a general idea of how other ppl went about this trip. my main concern is whether we should use a travel agent or try some online deal.

thanks

i went this past year for t he clossing parties. we went for a week. booked our airline tickets through priceline for $600 each! (note: we did have a 5 hour layover in madrid but we took the opprty to get out of the airport and do some mini-exploriing of the city)

yes we did rent a car, and i would also back that. (if you knokw how to drive stick... if you dont.. you are fuct.) I booked through the national Car rental website for a little over $200 for the week.

stayed at the Jet Apartments... heard mixed reviews but we loved it. right on the beach next to Bora Bora :party: cant better than that. it cost us about $550

so my advice, dont go trhough travel agent.. we priced out the trip through a couple and they were all alot more. we met two guys from NY and they ended up paying $1000 for air, $700 for hotel (same place and they didnt have AC) and even more for their car.

if you have any other questions, let me know. :)

After Sept 1'st everything gets cheaper - sales, discounts, vendors, stores - since there are less people in Sept they try to encourage spending/shopping etc. It was a HUGE difference overall - we went for a week in August and 3 weeks in September. I'd suggest going at least 10 days so you dont cram everything in and overexert yourself (we went for 28 days - SAME $ for the ticket and we got a month deal at a hotel 5 mins from Ibizatown and 5 mins from Space ($500 for the entire MONTH because it was an apartment style hotel) I strongly suggest doing that as opposed to aregular hotel. We had a HUGe top floor studio, 2 queen beds, kitchen area, huge closet, sofa, and HUGEEEE balcony overlooking the water. Most people spend $5-600 a week for a hotel, our bill for that apt was $530 for 28 days!!!! They will negotiate w/ you if you give them your length of stay - say, if you ask for a week but say "what deal will you give me if I extend it to 12 days" or whatever........In Sept there are much more vacancies and less tourists so you can bargin w/ them and they are more likely to be flexible.

Also HUGE plus - it is cooler and more comfortable in Sept, August is unbearable.........Plus less lines, less crowd, and less drunken brits :))

Ticket will be $650-$750 ish if you find a good deal online, got it through expedia... Could get them cheaper w/ layovers or at priceline, but I suggest planning to arrive around noon so you get the full day of your hotel (not coming in at 11pm so you have to pay for a day you missed) And leaving around noon, checkout time for the airport on the way back.........

In Ibiza town people sell tickets for that nights clubs cheaper - usually 10-15 off each ticket, find one guy you like and KEEP going back to him every night - tell him you'll get all your tickets from him if he hooks you up. We ended up buying them all from him and paying 1/3 of what we would. Also they sell good "supplies" :) really cheaply and they want you to keep coming back, so they negotiate.

Food is CHEAP - nice dinner for 2 is $40-$50 , equivalent to $100-$130 in the US. We had kitchen so had breakfast/lunch stuff in the room and groceries were dirt cheap too. Power bars and shakes etc - good idea!

Its a good idea to plan for 2 or 3 nights out for ever one night in (on off nights we did a nice dinner/wandering around ibiza town/local bars etc) .......You enjoy the big nights much more when you're not completely exhausted and cracked out. Going for 6-7 nights is just too short, with traveling and getting adjusted and trying to cram everything in........Figure out whos spinning and what night and schedule it around that.....

Def. the disco bus and cabs......no worries about parking ,gas, damage, driving mangled - cabs are EVERYWHERE.

Most places have wristbands for re entry - sometimes we went really early (usually really cheap at that time) got the band and left, went back for afterhours....depends on the timing and event though..

Cafe Mambo and all the beach bars next to it in San Antonio is a must - u can lay out all day there and watch the sunset/drink at night......Bora Bora near Space is the other option for day/evening /beach and drinks. If you stay right between Space area and Ibiza town yo ucan walk to BOTH - ur about 7-8 minute walk from either , thats what we did and it saved us a lot of time and cabs....Ibiza town, Pacha, Bora Bora and Space are within walking distance, we went to those places most so that made sense.

Theres a bus that takes u to San Antonio during the day - best bet.....

Ok think thats all - email me for more info :) good luck!

Originally posted by faith11878

how long did u go for? We went for 13 days last year...end of Aug begining of sep...

where's a good place to stay?Playa d' en bossa

We stayed at the torre del mar...really nice clean rooms on the beach and you could walk to space and bora bora

friends stayed at the Sirenis Hotel club Goleta closer to space

sirenishotels.com

wut kind of package did u get(all-inclusive, etc.)?no all ins...most hotels that are 4 stars will give you breakfast(not that we every ate it)

air was 692.00 from Jfk hotel was 1800 car was 325.00

We really did use the car a lot to get to the other side of the island...by the time we left the clubs we were pretty sober

how much did u spend during the trip?3000ish (goes really fast)

but well worth it

:)

to add to this...(since we went together...)

def. stay in play d'en bossa... perfect area. We stayed at a more expensive hotel (it was our honeymoon), but you can stay at someplace like Jet Apartments for cheaper in this area... close to Space and Bora Bora and Ibiza Town.

When to go - First Week of Sept was an awesome time... Clubs were packed, but not overpacked. It was hot during day and cooled off a little @ night... When we go back we're going to go the same time again.

Best Advice = RENT A CAR.... this was the best idea we had. made our life so much simpler than worrying about taxis/buses. Plus you can see more of the island...(don't worry if you get in small accidents, we got in 3!!!)

Best club night = Roger Sanchez @ Pacha and Sundays @ Space. 2 parties not to be missed.

Food is hit or miss on the island...unless you go to a good restaurant, then it is usually up to par.

Don't buy "candy" in the club or on the street.... We actually met a guy and still have his business card... The dude would come to wherever we were in Ibiza Town on a bike and give us pre wrapped 5 packs of candy for $20.00. God life was so good...

VIP in Amnesia is your Friend...the mainfloor is way to packed.

Check out

IBIZA SPOTLIGHT for all the info you'll need.

for some pics of what you're in store for...

AFTERHOURSNY.COM Ibiza Pics

2ibiza127.jpg

2ibiza121.jpg

So funny - we were there that night when PVD was wearing his Vandit shirt at Amnesia (unless he was there diff years wearing the same shirt!) 2001 right? What a night!!!!! I wore my twilo tank top and 203948309 people came up to us yelling TWILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by MissDiva

So funny - we were there that night when PVD was wearing his Vandit shirt at Amnesia (unless he was there diff years wearing the same shirt!) 2001 right? What a night!!!!! I wore my twilo tank top and 203948309 people came up to us yelling TWILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nah, that was this September, 2003... I'm sure he's got a closet full of those T-shirts to wear...

The people are mad cool... I make friends every year.

I hear there is a lot of crime like pickpockets, but I've never had a problem... watch out for the sketchy black guys that walk up and down the beach trying to sell stuff, or the looky looky men that offer drugs in town... they are to be avoided.