Clubplanet Nightlife Community

help-thinking of moving to south beach

SFsuperstar

Originally posted by macboy

A New York waitress? You are definitely welcome down in SoBe. We need people that know the meaning of service. You'd be able to take over anyone's job down here. SoBe waitresses are the WORST. My two cents? Shoot for the high end restaurants first.

i went to news cafe and the guy ligitly waited until he brought out everyones meals to tell me that they did not have what i ordered.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SFsuperstar

i was in sobe for NY last week and we stayed in kendall??

ask lilliz77 how she feels about kendall.. t1.gif personally I was born and raised in ny. I have lived in both broward and dade county. quite frankly I prefer Dade county.. if you’re looking for a northern flavor; as far as a living and working situation.. you will find Dade fits that bill quite well, however that just my unbiased opinion. ;)

Originally posted by SFsuperstar

i was in sobe for NY last week and we stayed in kendall??

thats where I live and POD is right, its like suburbia hell. But I am enjoying it while I can. I remember applying for Emeril's on Miami Beach and getting the job, but regrettably declined. See if they are still hiring.

SoBe vs. Broward

is like

Manhatten vs. Jersey

a lot of people would only live in Manhatten (or maybe Brooklyn) because they have class and culture, and NJ is just full of meatheads, plain and simple, actually there are a lot of cool and interesting people in New Jersey, though most move away when they grow up, but the ones with extra meat in their heads move down to Florida, Broward county...

now if you love subrban living, and having to drive everywhere, and you think a 20 to 30 min drive ain't so bad because some people in NJ commute like 90 min each way every day to work in the city.... then by all means move to broward

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by eKiTeL

SoBe vs. Broward

is like

Manhatten vs. Jersey

a lot of people would only live in Manhatten (or maybe Brooklyn) because they have class and culture, and NJ is just full of meatheads, plain and simple, actually there are a lot of cool and interesting people in New Jersey, though most move away when they grow up, but the ones with extra meat in their heads move down to Florida, Broward county...

now if you love subrban living, and having to drive everywhere, and you think a 20 to 30 min drive ain't so bad because some people in NJ commute like 90 min each way every day to work in the city.... then by all means move to broward

my communte to broadway and 36th or one libery plaza wall st was 4.5 hours a day round trip..

Originally posted by pod

Most people in Miami would rather that Kendall not exist...:laugh:

My neighborhood isn't too bad at all. Macboy lives nearby too...you're a block from the beach and it's not too expensive and it's clean and friendly...

Can u please elaborate on why "most people in miami would rather kendall not exist"??

Jesus, whats up w/ the "this is this and that is that" bc - I'm from Manhattan, moved to Miami, my boyfriend is Cuban, from Kendall, and we live right near Flamingo Park in central SoBe, (I'm JEWISH btw lol) There are ALL walks of life in Sobe, the jew from NYC, the cuban from kendall, the millionaire tourist, the model, the homeless, the DJ.........its a great mix of everything, so unless for some reason that turns you off - I can't see how you wouldnt enjoy that- and being within walking distance of everything.....

All of the stereotyping and generalizations mean nothing its WHAT YOU WANT and is important to you - if you want to walk outside, be @ the beach/club/lincl. road and the buzz , move to Sobe.. if you're into more peace & quiet, culture and maturity/9-5ish lifestyle, move elsewhere.....there are clubs/restaurants/bars/lounges EVERYWHERE - saying "there are more here than there" is ridiculous, you can find your life/niche/fun anywhere it just depends on what specifically you're looking for and what type of surroundings you want. If you're from NY and looking to spend a year or so here, dont bother going anywhere other than SoBe, waste of time -if you're her e for good and want to start a life/family/buy a house or something - a more residential neigborhood would work better than Sobe (I can't see raising kids in Sobe - but I couldnt see moving here from NY and living 30 mins from Sobe when that's the main place I'd be going ......)

Originally posted by sobeton

it's a suburban jungle built on swamp land. :tongue::D

it also happens to have some of the best schools in the city, pretty, quiet neighborhoods, lots of great restaurants/bars,low crime, awesome shopping (can u say Saks and Bloomies?) :D......and its close enough to the downtown/beaches without being smack in the middle of it....which i would never consider actually living in since I happen to have a 10 yr old daughter :)

I like dade- county also ( cause I was raised here) But to tell you the truth this shyt is over-crowded,trafic sucks and work isnt all that great I would say...Like I said before I love Kendall,la cuarenta and so on but if your looking for a place ot live and find a good job,move either to the beach or to Broward where its growing and its real nice, have to admitt the few times I headed out to Ft.Liquordale it was great and its expanding, great looking people and great places either pubs,lounges,clubs,etc....

Good Luck........

Originally posted by houze-kitty

it also happens to have some of the best schools in the city, pretty, quiet neighborhoods, lots of great restaurants/bars,low crime, awesome shopping (can u say Saks and Bloomies?) :D......and its close enough to the downtown/beaches without being smack in the middle of it....which i would never consider actually living in since I happen to have a 10 yr old daughter :)

perhaps if I where raising a family .then kendall would be ideal.. the amenities are nice, but you can really find similar, and even better options outside of kendall. ;)

Originally posted by sobeton

perhaps if I where raising a family .then kendall would be ideal.. the amenities are nice, but you can really find similar, and even better options outside of kendall. ;)

Im not saying you cant find similar options, I just thought Pod"s statement was a strong (and incorrect) one. Not everyone in Miami wishes Kendall didnt exist....quite the contrary----As far as suburbs go, I cant think of a nicer,(or closer) one when your"e considering proximity to everything---i.e.--gables, grove,beaches,the falls, hell, even homestead and the keys...(just gotta jump on the turnpike)

As far as the statement of " suburb built on swampland" newsflash----its ALL swampland, Tony! In fact, the whole damn state is at sea level!:eek: And noone has answered my question yet with a real answer---why the bashing on Kendall? Youre not going to find that suburb/city combo anywhere else in Dade county (im not talking broward here, just Dade) Anyone??

Another vote for Broward here. I'm actually moving from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow. :) I'm really can't wait because it's 20 degrees here and I'm pasty white.

I spent a lot of time in SoBe, and it's nice, but I wouldn't want to live there. Too many tourists for me. The upside is that, unlike the rest of SoFla, you don't need a car. I guess it all depends on your lifestyle though. SoBe is great if you want to get a job as a cocktail waitress, go to after-hours every night, and stumble home. I've also spend time in Kendall because my ex lived there. Nice little community, but not the place for a young New Yorker. I'll let you know what I think of Ft. Lauderdale once I get settled.

Im not saying you cant find similar options, I just thought Pod"s statement was a strong (and incorrect) one. Not everyone in Miami wishes Kendall didnt exist....quite the contrary----As far as suburbs go, I cant think of a nicer,(or closer) one when your"e considering proximity to everything---i.e.--gables, grove,beaches,the falls, hell, even homestead and the keys...(just gotta jump on the turnpike)

As far as the statement of " suburb built on swampland" newsflash----its ALL swampland, Tony! In fact, the whole damn state is at sea level!:eek: And noone has answered my question yet with a real answer---why the bashing on Kendall? Youre not going to find that suburb/city combo anywhere else in Dade county (im not talking broward here, just Dade) Anyone??

Pod's comment is a bit extreme, but certainly in line with his persona. LOL "it's a suburban jungle built on swamp land" was cynicism. :eek: hence the grin that followed the statement. the geographic makeup of florida is fairly obvious. :laugh::tongue:

Best schools in the city? So by the standard yardstick of education, the kids are only somewhat retarded rather than absolutely stab-myself-with-a-fork-i-got-the-gold-star-donkey-kong fucking retarded? Present children excepted of course, board moms and dads take care of their chillins.

Shopping? Who gives a shit. I have every store in the world at my fingertips, and so do you.

I don't blame you for the kid issue though, I wouldn't raise a kid within Dade County at all. They could run into someone like me.