Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's up CP?

xioman

New to the boards....

trying to do the crossover from latin / hip hop 2 more underground-club type of house!

any suggestions 2 make the transition a lil smoother?

hits, promo's, record pools, charts???

Thanks!

btw, Maria (Feli) brought me in!

you could look for charts and just buy the hits, and play it safe like that, but it's much better to just go to the record store and start digging the bins and find your own sound... ;)

plus the salespeople at the store can point out the hits to you also, if you see they have 50 copies of 1 title it's probably a hit, though sometimes the hits get sold out quick too, but if it hits big they'll be represses soon enough...

Originally posted by xioman

New to the boards....

trying to do the crossover from latin / hip hop 2 more underground-club type of house!

Thanks!

Best way to make a transition in style is to experience other styles that you have not in the past. Hit up a few different house events and see what sparks your interest. My suggestion would be to take your foundation of latin and hip-hop and build from there. Its always good to see DJs blending their grass roots into their style. And as for the hip-hop, yes people on the board love to hate, but I still fuse a lot of hip hop and R & b into my style....whether they want to admit it or not hip hop, funk, soul, R & B, gospel, disco etc are all the grass roots of house. Check out lego at Sonar in Hollywood this month...he's from chicago and fuses alot of latin music into his silky smooth house style. Lots of percussion, samba, salsa and funky jazzy horns. On the harder side there is Erik Morillo at Space this month, he likes to fuse everything from hard disco house, to tribal to funky latin floor jammers. And so and so on.

Originally posted by lyrik

Best way to make a transition in style is to experience other styles that you have not in the past. Hit up a few different house events and see what sparks your interest. My suggestion would be to take your foundation of latin and hip-hop and build from there. Its always good to see DJs blending their grass roots into their style. And as for the hip-hop, yes people on the board love to hate, but I still fuse a lot of hip hop and R & b into my style....whether they want to admit it or not hip hop, funk, soul, R & B, gospel, disco etc are all the grass roots of house. Check out lego at Sonar in Hollywood this month...he's from chicago and fuses alot of latin music into his silky smooth house style. Lots of percussion, samba, salsa and funky jazzy horns. On the harder side there is Erik Morillo at Space this month, he likes to fuse everything from hard disco house, to tribal to funky latin floor jammers. And so and so on.

thx man, I'm pretty sure a mix of some latin w/ house wouldn't come out as bad... guess, I'll have 2 try & c....

let's c how it goes :confused:

thx again, though!

Originally posted by lyrik

I :heart: lyrik"s posts!!

Originally posted by xioman

New to the boards....

Thanks!

:)