Clubplanet Nightlife Community

we'll never meet anyone this way...

weyes

my best friend is a gay man, and we go out clubbing together as a pair more than i go out with anyone else. people say he "doesn't look gay," and a lot of people say we look like a couple. we're both single, though, which presents a problem, i think.

"we're never gonna get any ass this way," i laughed, once, and he said,

"that's not what i'm after."

it's true, i'm not after ass either, but i would like to meet guys - boyfriend-ish types. the last bf i had i met at a club, but i was with a group of friends that night; i wasn't standing next to my best friend, the way we two do now.

so, my question is this: guys and girls, do you not approach people if they're with just one person who happens to be of the opposite sex, or do you further examine the two people to try and figure out their relationship? i, of course, don't think my friend and i look like a couple, 'cause we don't hang all over each other and we do a lot of people-watching. most people in couples at clubs maintain some physical contact most of the time and devote most of their eye contact to each other. perhaps it would be weird to approach someone in a party of 2 to try to hit on 1 of them, but, if the other went to the bar or the bathroom, i figure that'd be considered an ok time to talk. i dunno... thoughts?

I go out with my girl friends a lot...well female friends, not girlfriends. A lot of the times it will be just me and one of them. Doesn't seem to stop guys around here from approaching them. And when I'm out with my guy friends I dont hesitate to go up to a girl who's with another guy. Obviously dont go right up to them and hit on them hardcore. Try to start a convo. with, in your case the guy, and the girl who is there with him both. That way it doesnt look like your going after the guy, in case that is his girlfriend. After talking to them both you can probably get an idea if they are together or not. Sometimes you'll get the asshole guy who wants to start problems, or in your case the bitchy girl...but just play it off and walk away. Best thing to do is kinda keep an eye on the two out of the corner of your eye and watch for obvious signals that they are together.

Weyes, its all about the vibe you and your friend put out. Although, I think it would be a disservice to quickly dismiss all members of the opposite sex as a "couple", it is often done by others.

My girlfriend & I always go out as a "couple" yet I find it easier to hook up with other girls when she is around, so I don't think you should have a big problem. Other factors come into play, such as venue. IE, I find when it is the type of venue that caters to the drug induced sub culture, people are less inhibited & wouldn't follow any cultural "norm" others would follow (such as not talking to you because you are with a guy)

just keep on keepin'

Originally posted by weyes

my best friend is a gay man, and we go out clubbing together as a pair more than i go out with anyone else. people say he "doesn't look gay," and a lot of people say we look like a couple. we're both single, though, which presents a problem, i think.

"we're never gonna get any ass this way," i laughed, once, and he said,

"that's not what i'm after."

it's true, i'm not after ass either, but i would like to meet guys - boyfriend-ish types. the last bf i had i met at a club, but i was with a group of friends that night; i wasn't standing next to my best friend, the way we two do now.

so, my question is this: guys and girls, do you not approach people if they're with just one person who happens to be of the opposite sex, or do you further examine the two people to try and figure out their relationship? i, of course, don't think my friend and i look like a couple, 'cause we don't hang all over each other and we do a lot of people-watching. most people in couples at clubs maintain some physical contact most of the time and devote most of their eye contact to each other. perhaps it would be weird to approach someone in a party of 2 to try to hit on 1 of them, but, if the other went to the bar or the bathroom, i figure that'd be considered an ok time to talk. i dunno... thoughts?

I normaly dont even look at a girl if shes near a guy. , When me and my freind tara go out we have a geat time but neither of us really meet anyone when we go out just us two. Just the way it is.

if you would be exceptionally hot, i would approach, yes. besides i know quite a few gay guys and can usually spot with 90% probability if someone´s gay or not without even talking to him. also i can spot with even higher probability if you have sex with him and/or if you´re in love with him. you develop intuition for that and i can´t even remember last time i was wrong with my prediction. body language says everything. how you talk to him, where you touch him, where your eyes wander, how close you stand, etc etc.

i´d bring a girlfriend or a friend with me that would talk with and befriend your friend or invite the two of you to join my group of people, so you wouldn´t have to worry about your friend getting bored and/or being alone, so you could give all your thoughts to the experience we´re about to share.

if you would be not top notch, i´d rather go for a similar interesting girl in a group of three or more cuz these are easier.

that´s probably why you don´t get approached much. because your friend would be alone if the guy that approaches doesn´t bring a girl or a friend who will befriend the "obstacle". also most lack the intuition of telling whether there is a sexual vibe between two people or if it isn´t.

Do you always hang out together in a club?

In my past experience I would seperate from my friend or friends and go venture around the club and on the way i would meet lots of interesting people who I would later introduce to my friend/s. I find staying with one person throughout the night of clubbing to be sufficating.

Right now its harder to meet new people not for dating but just for conversation because i go to bars with my bf and they are less crowded usually than clubs and its just a less open atmosphere.