Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie at WMC?

krackbabe

Originally posted by macboy

:rolleyes:

Regarding Oakie, I remember the days when he would come in and do a four or five-hour set. Now he comes in and does a ninety-minute set, raises his hands like Jesus, and leaves. Yet his ticket prices have continued to go up. I remember when I didn't have to pay anything at all and got great entertainment. It's not like that anymore. I know others have their reasons, but this is why I won't waste my money.

yep...:aright:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by CHRles

What a bunch of arrogants some of you have become.

Oakie still knows how to drop good sets, and as for whoever bashed Sasha, and especially BBB, let me see your skills on the decks.

Say what you want about Oakie, but I've never heard a single bad track during his recent sets. If you're looking for QUALITY uptempo Progressive House AND Trance, Oakenfold definitely brings it.

If you're looking for a DJ that has amazing turntables skills, and plays excellent uptempo (ie not Tech House) House music, whether its' from the East, West, or Midwest, than look no further than Bad Boy Bill.

If you're looking for a DJ that knows what REAL Progressive House and Breaks music is about (unlike Saleen) then definitely check out Sasha.

Things must be better than ever in Miami if some if you guys feel the need to bash some of the best DJs in the world, who have been part of the whole DJ culture for a long time now I should add. That's part of the reason why BBB, Sasha and Oakenfold get so much respect. They've been doing it for a long time, changing it up on occasion, but never going overboard and forgetting what they're about.

Think about it. Some of the more well known DJs in Miami completely change their style after a year or two, moving on to the next trend. There's nothing wrong with change, but some of them just jump from one bandwagon to the next. One month they only play Breaks, or Trance, or a certain style of House (like Tribal), and the next month they totally ditch it. The DJs above have remained true to their roots, they've produced music, promoted it to different parts of the world, etc. That's what sets them apart from a lot of the newbies on the scene that just whine nobody's booking them.

I said who cares because the times I saw Oakenfold, he was terrible. To trashed to mix, im sure a few of you were there at Spin that time. I happen to love Sasha, being a big fan of breaks.

I didn't trash Oakie, there are just SOOOOO many other parties that are worth the time, effort and money. Like someone said earlier, if she's from NYC, then there are other chances to hear him up there and she already has.

What are you talking about? Who plays 4-5 hour sets at Ultra??!!

During WMC Oakie also spun along with Tiesto and Picotto on the same night making it difficult for him to play a marathon set.

Let me ask you this. When he played at NV earlier this year, how long were each of his sets? Remember, he was the only DJ to play TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW - one night was 18+, and one night was 21+.

As for admission prices, a few years ago most clubs in Miami didn't cost as much to get into. It's no secret that nowadays Miami's clubs are amonst the most expensive in the country.

What are you talking about? Who plays 4-5 hour sets at Ultra??!!

During WMC Oakie also spun along with Tiesto and Picotto on the same night making it difficult for him to play a marathon set.

Let me ask you this. When he played at NV earlier this year, how long were each of his sets? Remember, he was the only DJ to play TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW - one night was 18+, and one night was 21+.

As for admission prices, a few years ago most clubs in Miami didn't cost as much to get into. It's no secret that nowadays Miami's clubs are amonst the most expensive in the country.

I wasn't referring to Ultra, just to Oakie specifically. If you ever caught him in NYC, London, Liverpool, or Ibiza, in the mid to late '90s, then you know what I'm talking about. It's just not the same anymore.

well its been ridiculous since 01...i have the video of him spinning at ultra...and heard many of his sets and until i saw him at the space block party in summer 02, just when i thought it would be different, he started his set off AGAIN with 'animal'. so hes been a celebrity dj for more than 3 years. what i meant was that the first time i heard him spin at groovejet, he left me in awe. the man could spin a sick sick set! now, he plays 9 minutes of a 10 minute track, goes back to the deck that he abandoned to talk to the people in the booth, mixes another 8 minute track, and turns his back on everyone again. hell, he cant even do that right sometimes. i guess when you have the amount of money he has you just dont care anymore? :rolleyes:

He can start his set with the same song all year long as far as I'm concerned...if he doesn't have a residency anywhere. If he's only playing most cities once or twice a year, and if only a few in attendance download every single one of his sets, then it makes perfect sense.

Look, I totally understand why some of you get bored with Trance or Progressive House. If that's all you listen to all day long is just one style, or every set by only a few select DJs, then chances are you'll definitely get bored after a while. It's similar to kids listening to nothing but Heavy Metal or Gangsta Rap for too long. After awhile you tire of the same ol same ol unless you balance it out with other things.

BTW Trouble, Oakie has produced some Breaks, some very good ones I may add.

What a bunch of arrogants some of you have become.

Oakie still knows how to drop good sets, and as for whoever bashed Sasha, and especially BBB, let me see your skills on the decks.

Say what you want about Oakie, but I've never heard a single bad track during his recent sets. If you're looking for QUALITY uptempo Progressive House AND Trance, Oakenfold definitely brings it.

If you're looking for a DJ that has amazing turntables skills, and plays excellent uptempo (ie not Tech House) House music, whether its' from the East, West, or Midwest, than look no further than Bad Boy Bill.

If you're looking for a DJ that knows what REAL Progressive House and Breaks music is about (unlike Saleen) then definitely check out Sasha.

Things must be better than ever in Miami if some if you guys feel the need to bash some of the best DJs in the world, who have been part of the whole DJ culture for a long time now I should add. That's part of the reason why BBB, Sasha and Oakenfold get so much respect. They've been doing it for a long time, changing it up on occasion, but never going overboard and forgetting what they're about.

Think about it. Some of the more well known DJs in Miami completely change their style after a year or two, moving on to the next trend. There's nothing wrong with change, but some of them just jump from one bandwagon to the next. One month they only play Breaks, or Trance, or a certain style of House (like Tribal), and the next month they totally ditch it. The DJs above have remained true to their roots, they've produced music, promoted it to different parts of the world, etc. That's what sets them apart from a lot of the newbies on the scene that just whine nobody's booking them.

werd!p82.gif

BTW Trouble, Oakie has produced some Breaks, some very good ones I may add.

ready, steady, go....

good track

i listen to zabiela, burridge, howells, sander, sasha, etc. all day and have been doing so for a year.

anyway...

time to listen to some sander :D

That's what a lot of people got ticked at Oakie about, he used to be more innovative and flexible...a lot of people see him as being in a rut.

And yeah, we get a lot of DJs who are better than he is in Miami, so damn right we're gonna complain if a superstar DJ doesn't live up to his title.

Originally posted by pod

That's what a lot of people got ticked at Oakie about, he used to be more innovative and flexible...a lot of people see him as being in a rut.

And yeah, we get a lot of DJs who are better than he is in Miami, so damn right we're gonna complain if a superstar DJ doesn't live up to his title.

:werd: