Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC Update... True???

Just got an email with the following, saying it was a WMC Update:

Level (Mansion) has been gutted out and is in a pre construction halt after being busted by the City of Miami Beach for doing demolition and constructing without permits. All construction has been ceased pending work permits. Will it be ready for WMC 2004? Don't bet your vinyl collection on it.

Nocturnal located in Downtown Miami will not be ready for WMC 2004. No news as to if and when it will be ready. Construction crews are working round the clock to make sure that it is ready before New Years 2005.

Crobar 24 is still in pre planning stages and will not be ready until WMC 2005.

Maze's lease is up at the end of February 2004 (before WMC) and they will have to make way for the new tenants (Office Depot). Staples anyone?

I dont know how I got on this mailing list and I was wondering if anyone can verify any of the info. :confused:

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Um......of all the superclubs mentioned in the e-mail, how come Space isn't mentioned?

The email was titled: "Clubland not Ready for WMC 2004"

So I guess that means they would only mention the clubs that they/he/she (I have no idea who wrote it) thought or heard wouldnt be open for WMC

got this in an email...i resfuse to believe it...check it out below

WMC 04 NEWS CLUB NEWS

JANUARY 14 2004

CLUB LAND NOT READY FOR WMC!

NOCTURNAL

LEVEL / MANSION

OPIUM AND NIKKY BEACH

CROBAR 24

MAZE

LEVEL / MANSION

Level (Mansion) has been gutted out and is in a pre construction halt after being busted by the City of Miami Beach for doing demolition and constructing without permits. All construction has been ceased pending work permits. Will it be ready for WMC 2004? Don't bet your vinyl collection on it.

OPIUM AND NIKKY BEACH

Opium is being forced to shut down and will be moving its operations to Mission (Level) due to new even stricter City of Miami Beach Noise (Level) Ordinances.

Nikky Beach is beachless. The City has taken back all beach and sand areas and will not allow Nikki to play any music above easy listening levels.

CROBAR 24

MAZE

Maze's lease is up at the end of February 2004 (before WMC) and they will have to make way for the new tenants (Office Depot). Staples anyone?

Have you booked your hotel room yet? Don't wait another minute. There are still good values on many South Beach area hotels.

NOCTURNAL

Nocturnal located in Downtown Miami will not be ready for WMC 2004. No news as to if and when it will be ready. Construction crews are working round the clock to make sure that it is ready before New Years 2005.

Join our mailing list!

email: wmc04news@aol.com

WMC NEWS · 1700 VENETIAN WAY · MIAMI BEACH · FL · 33139

Forward email

This email was sent to jlongo13@aol.com, by CLUB LIFE.

Update your profile |Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Um......of all the superclubs mentioned in the e-mail, how come Space isn't mentioned?

It was obviously written by someone who's misinformed and for some reason...it shows urgency in the writing style...like it's personal, you know what I mean...straight from the mayor's office with a fruit basket and shit...pathetic, really.

Nocturnal will be up and running by conference time. Nikki Beach will be up and running for conference. I've heard Crobar 24 will not. Mansion from my understanding might not be fully completed. As far as Maze is concerned. eeeeeek.

that email is pretty weak tho IMO.

Originally posted by steffy27

I dont know how I got on this mailing list and I was wondering if anyone can verify any of the info. :confused:

I got the same e-mail......:laugh:

it sounds about right to me.

It came just as I posted it, I had deleted the news that pretty much everyone knew already. Here ya go:

WMC 04 NEWS CLUB NEWS

JANUARY 14 2004

CLUB LAND NOT READY FOR WMC!

NOCTURNAL

LEVEL / MANSION

OPIUM AND NIKKY BEACH

CROBAR 24

MAZE

LEVEL / MANSION

OPIUM AND NIKKY BEACH

Opium is being forced to shut down and will be moving its operations to Mission (Level) due to new even stricter City of Miami Beach Noise (Level) Ordinances.

Nikky Beach is beachless. The City has taken back all beach and sand areas and will not allow Nikki to play any music above easy listening levels.

CROBAR 24

MAZE

Have you booked your hotel room yet? Don't wait another minute. There are still good values on many South Beach area hotels.

NOCTURNAL

Join our mailing list!

email: wmc04news@aol.com

not true. mansion will be open for wmc and we got all our permits before we closed level. thats why we kept it open as level while we got the permits. no opium is not closing and moving to mansion. yes the same people that own opium will also own mansion and alot of the same cast of characters will be working at both places.

Originally posted by dgrutman

not true. mansion will be open for wmc and we got all our permits before we closed level. thats why we kept it open as level while we got the permits. no opium is not closing and moving to mansion. yes the same people that own opium will also own mansion and alot of the same cast of characters will be working at both places.

hi dave! :)

Guest brwneydtrouble

:laugh: Its probably some disgruntled clubber, but how did they get our email addresses?? :laugh:

Most promoters have e-mail lists that they buy back and forth...

Kinda like I have NO idea how I got on The Forge and Jimmy'z lists. Never been to either one.