Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jr. @ Sf

rezin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djgrod

And if the roles were reversed- Don't you think all the little drama queens on JR's wouldn't be bitching as much......Please.:

Actually, no. Junior's fans don't care about Jonathan or his fans and rarely have anything to say about them.

Have fun with your new gay friend, btw. ;)

The bottom line is that people obviously wanna hear JP, Grant shoulda realized that before forcing JP to leave and go elsewhere and pack over 11 thousand in Exit for new years...JR just cant pack a venue like JP can, and I know there are alot more Junior fans out there than only 200 or whatever the numbers were at the last night @ Factory...But the fact is they would rather go elsewhere on a Sat. night than to be in Factory with 140 gay people and 20 girls...Jr fans will always be Jr fans but alot of em are passing up the opportuinty to see their fav. dj because of the numbers he's doing....I dont know if JP should go back to Factory and only time will tell but I can guarntee you after all this time to not have a residency people will def. be happy to hear him where ever he settles on....

Originally posted by clublaw23

That's bullshit. SF was often half empty on regular nights, which was why they were riding the theme-party bandwagon with stupid shit like the sock hop party. SF was done before Junior took over.

shit i mustve been at the wrong club.....my badddddddddddddddd:laugh:

This whole thread is getting waaay outta control. They both have had high points and low points in their careers. To bash either of them is just ignorant.

All of you people who claim that SF is nothing without Johnathan Peters obviously don't know that it was actually Junior and a guy named Christian Visca who opened Sound Factory in 89 and he was the driving force behind it untill 95 when the original club closed. Everyone seems to forget his residencies at Palladium, Tunnel and Ultimately Twilo, right around the time the new Sound Factory opened. What about all of you Junior bashers who were singing the praises of his Exit residency not too long ago? Lets also not forget the long list of artists he's worked with over the years producing and remixing.. Madonna... whitney Houston Mariah etc. etc. . Not bad for a guy from philly who got his start as a clerk at downstairs records in the early 80's.

Now lets talk a little about Johnathan Peters. I would agree that he definately was instrumental in making the New Sound Factory what it is/was. For those of you that remember his debut there was Valentines day in 97 where he drew a crowd of almost 3,000 people his first night. (the club itslef opened new years eve 96-97)', Ironicly his first residency there was friday nights. To take it a step further he was hired away from Save the Robots and Mirage (now Exit) in 97 because his 2 year friday/saturday residencies there drew a huge following. The funny thing is iall the talk back then was about how Sound Factory was nothing with Junior. At that time Eddie Baez was the Saturday resident and was doing good numbers. A few months passed and Sound Factory Fridays became the hot party because of JP's willingness to play almost anything to keep the crowd moving and people loved it. Eddie's Saturday night was going downhill fast and thats not good in the early stages of a club's opening. Richard Grant was struggling back then to protect his investment and asked JP to spin both Friday and Saturday night and he accepted. Eddie went on to Palladium where he had much better luck and for some time JP did both nights untill eventually switching to stictly saturdays. Keep in mind that while all this is going on he's running Deep Records (His Label) During the week.

Not bad for a guy who started playing records at Cafe Iguana after dinner on weekends...

So what happens now??? Neither one has a residency. Who knows?? I will say one thing... These guys are very different from each other and have both had good runs...I think Junior is at the end of his. He's 57 going on 58 and has alienated alot of his former fans...not to mention 80% of females who've attempted to be fans.. Jp seems to have a very loyal following and is less concerned with who he's playing to and will probably continue to grind it out for years to come. It's time to give the guys who are coming up a shot. If you can be a little open minded you might be pleasantly surprised. Neither one of these guys came up overnight........

Originally posted by djprotege

I was proving a point that he's got plenty of good years left in him. "get a life lol"

:rolleyes:

You were proving your point by correcting someone that he is 34 and not 35 ? I'm just saying who cares , it's one year difference......

:cry:

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

It's time to give the guys who are coming up a shot. If you can be a little open minded you might be pleasantly surprised. Neither one of these guys came up overnight........

Totally agree with this. I think other DJs should be brought into that place, besides the usual suspects i.e., Shawn Ink. Not just up and coming DJs, but there are well established New York DJs that don't have residencies like Creamer, That Kid Chris or Satoshi. Otherwise, I think Factory should take the same approach that Avalon does. Having international/national talent once a week. With Crobar/Avalon/ARC (at least while ARC is still open) having great lineups every week, it's going to be hard for SF to compete.

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

I'm starting to feel really old... I got a pm from someone who asked me if mirage on Long Island was renamed Exit :banghead:

Are you sure it was Mirage on Long Island? Because Exit used to be called Mirage at one point. Maybe that's what they meant.

Originally posted by someclown

Isn't it ironic that Junior is done the week before Jonathan's birthday AND they have yet to announce where the birthday party will be? I for one will DEFINITELY be at JP's birthday party next week at Factory!:beer:

It's not going to be next week. It'll be in February.

Originally posted by dkny8

Are you sure it was Mirage on Long Island? Because Exit used to be called Mirage at one point. Maybe that's what they meant.

Thats my point.. I mentioned that in my post.. and the PM I got was something like : was mirage on long island called exit because theres another mirage open now that I do promotions for:confused:

Mirage was in the current Exit space betwqeen like 93-96 give or take a year.. It was ok... nothing special.....

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

My opinion is that you will be hearing JP back in SF REALLY SOON...

BYE JR

So much for the Raw parties.

Tek

I'd actually have to agree with you for once, well sort of, JP would def bring back SF, however, I don't think we will ever see JP back @ SF. His "I Am God" attitude is part of the reason why RG canned him.

Originally posted by djgrod

OK- If JP isn't the king of NYC right now, then tell me who is? His NYE party BLEW Victor @ Crobar and Jr @ SF outta the water. If he isn't the king of NYC then why did 11,500 people show up to Exit for NYE....? Explain that one to me..... Tell me who the king is...Please. Danny??? Danny's great and all, but honestly. People want to hear their DJ's spin music not give lectures on behavior. Would Danny put 11k+ in Exit. Nah Uhh. Victor? Please. Crobar doesn't even have their shit together, and he's also a great DJ. But people don't clamor to hear him like JP. JP's old and washed up? Hmmmmmm...... Right now there are people that would practically blow you if you had 2 of his productions and would give it to them.... Washed up huh??? Old the guy is like 33-35. Junya is almost 60..... Get a fucking clue and go butt plug JR..... He's got plenty of free time now..... First Earth, now Raw. 0-2 Junya.... Nobody wants to hear you anymore......:blown:

11,000 people, and who provided this info.... JP Himself. Half the people were old - exit heads returning for old times sake, the other half just makes it a regular theme night @ SF. Face it you're argument is basesless and stupid @ that. I've been listening to JP since probably b4 you knew what pubic hair. You have no clue what you're talking about so why don't you leave the discussions to the adults here. You're "I went to SF for the first time at SF Beach Party 2003 and JP is GOD" mentality is what has ruined our scene today, that is , people just like you. In fact it is people like you that ruined JP. Do us all a favor and put JP's dick back in your mouth so that we don't have to read your factless, baseless, pointless, and might I add just plain dumbass posts. You know nothing of the history of the scene in NYC obviously.

Originally posted by princessofsf

Djsteve you are the biggest moron in the world. JP is 35, Danny T. is older, Oakenfold is around the same age, so is Victor so many DJ's are late twenties to late thirties. You don't know shit about SF On a regular night JP had more than Junior had on New Years. As a matter of fact Jonathan set a world record New Years Eve for having 11,500 people at a single event. His last party at SF was the Halloween party and he had 6500 people. Junior never saw 11,500 at any event he ever had. So Djsteve go blow hot air somewhere else.

I don't know shit about SF?? Lemme guess you went to your first theme party in 2003 and thought it was the greatest thing in he world ot hear "In Your Eyes" played for 45 minutes and then played 6 hours later of "Going Thru It" for 4 hours. Please, all you kids who have a clue (but really don't) see my above post. I'd love to hear a great JP set again but I know that it will enver happen as long as idiots like you are around.

Originally posted by someclown

Isn't it ironic that Junior is done the week before Jonathan's birthday AND they have yet to announce where the birthday party will be? I for one will DEFINITELY be at JP's birthday party next week at Factory!:beer:

Well then I hope you won't be disappointed when you hear that It's going to be Hedonism @ SF featuring Shawn Ink :clap: :clap: :clap: and guests.

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

11,000 people, and who provided this info.... JP Himself. Half the people were old - exit heads returning for old times sake, the other half just makes it a regular theme night @ SF. Face it you're argument is basesless and stupid @ that. I've been listening to JP since probably b4 you knew what pubic hair. You have no clue what you're talking about so why don't you leave the discussions to the adults here. You're "I went to SF for the first time at SF Beach Party 2003 and JP is GOD" mentality is what has ruined our scene today, that is , people just like you. In fact it is people like you that ruined JP. Do us all a favor and put JP's dick back in your mouth so that we don't have to read your factless, baseless, pointless, and might I add just plain dumbass posts. You know nothing of the history of the scene in NYC obviously.

Oh, thank god, WORK!

These psycho JP fans really are just annoying :blown: :blown: :blown:

And even if Ms. Peters did 11,000 :rolleyes: at Exit, IT WAS an 18+ EVENT :laugh: :laugh: every High Schooler from Jersey to Long Island was going cuz they have heard the "JP RIPS IT SICK" :laugh: I'm sorry let me stop, I just think these GO JP posts are just pointless

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

i disagree totally half the crowd were old exit heads why werent they at tony draper??? or jv who were exit residents??

Originally posted by todd f

Oh, thank god, WORK!

These psycho JP fans really are just annoying :blown: :blown: :blown:

And even if Ms. Peters did 11,000 :rolleyes: at Exit, IT WAS an 18+ EVENT :laugh: :laugh: every High Schooler from Jersey to Long Island was going cuz they have heard the "JP RIPS IT SICK" :laugh: I'm sorry let me stop, I just think these GO JP posts are just pointless

why is that everyone knows after 4:00am sf was 18+ for the last 2 years