Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lowdown on Tunnel, please

If ya like CRACKHEADS and SCUMBAGS and RAVERS and DIRTY OL' MEN, go to TUNNEL, but if that isn't yer scene I would stay away. . .TunneL will never be the same. . .MikeMc.

cwm36.gif

------------------

STRENGTH Guest List. . . Limelight Fridays

i second the scumbags... last time i was there... grand re-opening with vicious... i watched a very fucked up guy take a piss in the middle of the dancefloor. no joke... nassstttyy- and the staff saw and just laughed. shame though- awesome space, system and lights... and i like vicious too... oh well. in my opinion good music is not worth getting pissed on. literally.

Originally posted by ibelong2thenight:

i second the scumbags... last time i was there... grand re-opening with vicious... i watched a very fucked up guy take a piss in the middle of the dancefloor. no joke... nassstttyy- and the staff saw and just laughed. shame though- awesome space, system and lights... and i like vicious too... oh well. in my opinion good music is not worth getting pissed on. literally.

really???

oh wait my bad, i thought people actually weren't make up stuff on this thread

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by MikeMc:

If ya like CRACKHEADS and SCUMBAGS and RAVERS and DIRTY OL' MEN, go to TUNNEL, but if that isn't yer scene I would stay away. . .TunneL will never be the same. . .MikeMc.

cwm36.gif

actually, I like ravers, but 1 outta 4 is kinda harsh. : )

so is this sorta like the limelight crowd but ickier?

FG

------------------

fire in da belly

[This message has been edited by firegirl (edited 10-16-2000).]

well which LL crowd are u talking about? recently its been much younger and more clean cut on fridays... but if you're talking like a month or two back it was older and more "freaks" and ravers. either way tunnel is not much like LL. LL has very few freaks and ravers in comparison and the crowd is about 4-5 years older on average id estimate.

FG go for yourself and check it out if you've never been there. the layout is amazing and the music is great w/ vicious rockin the main floor. There's chicago hard house in kurfew, although not the frank alvee type *wipes tear from eye*. Can't really believe anyone cuz people just put down everything. twilo heads say factory is dirty and all crackheads and factory heads say the same about them so there really no way to know unless you go for yourself.

definetly gonna be there on halloween and if its like last year should be off the meter

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

well which LL crowd are u talking about? recently its been much younger and more clean cut on fridays... but if you're talking like a month or two back it was older and more "freaks" and ravers. either way tunnel is not much like LL. LL has very few freaks and ravers in comparison and the crowd is about 4-5 years older on average id estimate.

i haven't seen a freak at tunnel in well over a year so dont' know where that comes from. The funny thing is the place is a drinking crowd these days and everyone keeps talking about it being all crackheads. I guarantee if you check the bar receipts between there and factory it would be no comparison

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

trancegrrl: what's going on the 27th? and yep, it's the creepy old guys and sleezy eurotrash or wannabes that ick me out.

went to LL 2 fridays ago and the crowd was 95% meathead guys and drunken ditzy girls, no style, no coordination. everyone standing on the floor taking up room but not dancing. slimey guys touching at me or hounding me. fights breaking out, sometimes with the bouncers in the mix.

FG

------------------

fire in da belly

I haven't been there in years but the reason for me no longer attending was due to the fact that, i mean don't get me wrong..if you want to do drugs.. I mean I dabble myself but at least Exit/SF/Twilo/Vinyl for the most part has good looking drug users.. Do you get my drift?? The Tunnel, well, these people are really young.. and at the same time they really look cracked out..b/c they really are cracked out..... It is as if the blood was sucked out of all of them or something?? It is really gross....

------------------

------------------------@

vampienyc10

vampie@aol.com

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."

- Simone de Beauvoir

pfloyd: oh, I'm planning to go at some point just to check it out. I'm just trying to get a sense of it to see if it's worth going this friday. there are about 4 other great things going on all at the same time and I'm trying to narrow it down to the safest ( most likely to enjoy) options.

FG

------------------

fire in da belly

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

i haven't seen a freak at tunnel in well over a year so dont' know where that comes from. The funny thing is the place is a drinking crowd these days and everyone keeps talking about it being all crackheads. I guarantee if you check the bar receipts between there and factory it would be no comparison

Hey I wish the freaks and weirdos would come back to Tunnel, that was the best part lol... who wants to see 3,000 people who all look and act the same? Ill take dwarfs, transexuals, dog-men, gypsies, mimes, robots, elf-boys, siamese twins, 70 year old "e- fiends," queens, and whatever else the depths of NYC can conjour up any day over your garden variety crowd smile.gif

------------------

This week's gigs:

Friday Oct 20th - Afterhours @ Exit's "Secret Room"

Saturday Oct 21st - Elda's Nightclub, Albany, NY

www.djrussreign.com

russ reign:

>>"dwarfs, transexuals, dog-men, gypsies, mimes, robots, elf-boys, siamese twins, 70 year old "e- fiends," queens, and whatever"

oh, is that what they meant by "freaks"? that doesn't bother me at all. I am a freak. ask my friends, they'll tell you.

FG

------------------

fire in da belly

About a year ago, Me and a friend was at Webster and it sucked like an octopus. So we headed ove to Tunnel, friend said it was awesome a few years back. Man, BIG mistake. Paid 20 bucks and what'd we get? Bunch of peeps out cold, I mean OUT COLD on the benches and floors. As I am a non roller, I was sacred shitless. Bunch a punks and homeless people in there. SCUMBAGS GALORE. If that's your scene, you'll have a great time. Tell us about your experience afterwards?

Originally posted by russ reign:

russ that was my point. i miss the freaks. i mean my all time favorite was a guy i saw dressed from head to toe in tinfoil. I mean there were so many others all decked out and it gave the place character.

i wish they would come back, but the clubkids don't really exist anymore. i mean, remember the shows they used to have, ahh those were the days.

Everyone just goes off about the place, and i was just showing that people dont' even bother to go there just base judgments on nothing or the past.

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

russ that was my point. i miss the freaks. i mean my all time favorite was a guy i saw dressed from head to toe in tinfoil. I mean there were so many others all decked out and it gave the place character.

i wish they would come back, but the clubkids don't really exist anymore. i mean, remember the shows they used to have, ahh those were the days.

Everyone just goes off about the place, and i was just showing that people dont' even bother to go there just base judgments on nothing or the past.

-Rob

I couldn't agree with you more smile.gif

------------------

This week's gigs:

Friday Oct 20th - Afterhours @ Exit's "Secret Room"

Saturday Oct 21st - Elda's Nightclub, Albany, NY

www.djrussreign.com

dont listtrn to any of these clowns on the board. just go and check it out but wait until the 28 to go. the tunnel has awesome space and the layout is awesome. the club could be packed out and there wil still be a place to walk. and the dancefloor is mad dark and with all the strobes. check it out bro and let us know

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! I only speak the truth

peace

WHERES FRANK ALVEE AND THE HARD HOUSE

Archived