Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The euro is killing me!

davidalexander

Look like the dance music bleeding will continue....New releases are finally coming out but with the ever falling dollar imports are 2-3 pesos more now...$13 bucks for a 12inch single is painful... :(

purchasing double packs and single sided releases wont make much econ sense...

some labels are getting it, with digital distrib...but its usually not brand new releases and still not enough labels are behind it.

I love buying and spining wax...but its demise is getting closer...

David Alexander

LOL...try to start an interesting discussion on the future of music and its distributiuon and look what I get!

Jesse, thanks for stopping by with Mel, glad you enjoyed!...I'll try to make a classic cd with that on there for you.. hope you caught the last hour of og's broadcast, lots of classics.

Lilliz, yea cheezy euro music kills me too. :)

David

Guest saleen351

davidalexander,

well if you want a solution to the problem, you can hedge your expected purchases, by buying or selling the euro....

not sure if you know options, but it will work, and your only expsense is transaction costs...

hedging the euro to buy wax, thats an interesting strategy, I'm not there quite yet..

I do think that this will have a negative impact on the ever declining sales. If your product just went up by 25% in a major market your gonna hurt.....

Digital distrib has to improve inorder for labels to survive, IMO

David

Originally posted by davidalexander

Look like the dance music bleeding will continue....New releases are finally coming out but with the ever falling dollar imports are 2-3 pesos more now...$13 bucks for a 12inch single is painful... :(

purchasing double packs and single sided releases wont make much econ sense...

some labels are getting it, with digital distrib...but its usually not brand new releases and still not enough labels are behind it.

I love buying and spining wax...but its demise is getting closer...

David Alexander

You may want to find a new source for your vinyls. I am sure you have your reasons for using who you are currently using but hunting around may help you find a good source with decent pricing.

Just my 2 cents

I feel your pain though.

Yeah there are still some places with decent prices but I think eventually most stores will have to increase prices, since costs are rising.

with digital distrib...no such thing as imports..I love vinyl..but as the major distribution method for single releases its not working well anymore.

I wonder if a small dance label can survive by selling $2 protected mp3 files.

David

re: digital distribution

www.bleep.com (warp's entire catalogue)

www.itunes.com (more commercial yet some good stuff on there like wink mix of sting and murk album)

www.beatport.com

www.edmdigital.com *hasn't launched*

http://www.trax2burn.com (underwater,soma *coming soon*,end recordings and a few other labels)

i just wish everyone could get together and follow one platform.