Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sirius sattelite radio...IS AWFUL!

I listen faithfully to sirius channel 64 "the vortex" which is 24-7 commercial free trance...it's like you died and went to trance heaven. They are more expensive than xm but had better music.

The removed it from their programming!

WTF!! :mad:

I bought sirius specifically for the vortex and always take the long way home just to listen to it. Today when I went to work, I turned on sirius only to discover they removed that as well as the rave (ch 62) (no more victor dinaire!!:( )

planet dance has been reprogrammed, it's awful, not the planet dance of before. they added some lame "chill" channel and a god awful "remix" channel full of terrible dj's who will never get anywhere with their pathetic remixes.

now they're worse than xm (imo) and more expensive.

Is anyone else angry at this? I'm so furius I complained, apparently the higher the demand the more liklihood of a channel will return.

If so, complain to their customer feedback to get the vortex back!!!

what a waste of money now.

Originally posted by berniec

lots of changes and layoffs went down at Sirius recently...

sorry for you loss, but for those of us who have XM, they are going commercial free on all their music stations starting Feb 1 :)

SIRIUS music channels have always been commercial-free; that's why it was more $$ than XM

yeah, like pcr said, the dance channels we had were always commercial free. They also didn't have that annoying thing you stick in the cassette player. Their device is cheaper than xm too.

the stations used to be siiiiiick, for all us tranceheads, the vortex was amazing... I left a club last week just to hear victor dinaire's set broadcasted live! that's how addictive the vortex / rave were.... I'm still in shock they ruined the one thing that made them competitive against xm. What a stupid business decision, especially considering how sirius is based in nyc which is a large center of dance music after ibiza. Now it's geared towards jazz / rap / hip-hop / gay culture / christian stuff.

How is the trance at xm? I looked at their set lists, and their music was pretty bad, but I don't care as long as they have a daily healthy dose of trance. If so, I'm switching to xm.

sirius sucks seriously. I give it 2 thumbs down.

Originally posted by berniec

lots of changes and layoffs went down at Sirius recently...

sorry for you loss, but for those of us who have XM, they are going commercial free on all their music stations starting Feb 1 :)

Funny you posted this...

I sent them an email bitching about losing the Vortex yesterday. I told them it was a horrible decision and I would be evaluating whether to move to XM.

It really sucks. The Vortex was a great station, especially for long drives...

Originally posted by someclown

I never listened to Sirius, but I do have XM. The dance stations (there are 3 house/trance stations and 1 "disco" station) are all pretty good. I commute up to 3 hours every day and don't mind a second of it.

XM 81 has some decent mix shows on weekends

82/83 have some good stuff too depending on the time of day

this is off topic but it's extremely odd to see your screen name, "theblueangel" posting here.

the originial blueangel, casey, was one of the first posters on this board that made it into a community...

and she passed away on 9/11...

sorry. i am sure others that remember casey probably thought the same thing that i did.

:(

Wow, today they were spinning a lot of trance on sirius!!!

I guess our complaints made a difference!

I was in shock driving to work today and coming home.

And also some good house, some sick beats!!!!

Deep Dish rmxs are regulars on sirius, especially 'stoned' by dido now. I almost lost control of my car today listening to some killer trance, like always almost did with the vortex.

siiiiiiick! I hope sirius keeps it up. tight music!!!!!

they even played 1999 by binary finary (ag??? mix)!!!

and the rmx station had a ton of trance!!!

I'm just tired of "you don't apreciaaaaaaate me."

:) yes!!! yes!!! yes!!!!!!

Originally posted by someclown

I heard some really good mixes with Timo Maas and Deep Dish. I almost had to stop my car because I was hyperventilating. :laugh:

Originally posted by kitty19

this is off topic but it's extremely odd to see your screen name, "theblueangel" posting here.

the originial blueangel, casey, was one of the first posters on this board that made it into a community...

sorry. i am sure others that remember casey probably thought the same thing that i did.

I find it disturbing. No one should have that name.

as you pointed out, her name was 'blueangel' mine is 'theblueangel' which I took from the name of my fav film.

i don't know, I just tried the name and it worked because in technical terms, the names are different due to 'the'. if it's odd or disturbing i don't know what to say... i never knew a 'blueangel' existed when I chose my handle.

anyway a ton of other people died 9/11, they should be remembered as well.

Originally posted by kitty19

Originally posted by theblueangel

anyway a ton of other people died 9/11, they should be remembered as well.

yea, no shit. :rolleyes:

i just happened to mention casey b/c it was specific to your handle, not b/c i'm forgetting about the many others that passed away.

she was particular to CP b/c she was a well-known person around these parts, and to my knowledge, the only person we knew of here at CP that we tragically lost in 9/11.

i could care less what you do with your screen name. i was a bit perturbed when i saw it initially.

Originally posted by lovelyoner

Hey someclown u r to crazy!!!!!!!!!!! U need to come out for my birthday! Jan 30th @ DEKO. Bro Nicky will b there!!

Hey sweetie!!! I'm psyched for next weekend. You shoulda came to Crobar with us. Looking forward to seeing you at Deko.:D